St. Vincent de Paul

St. Vincent de Paul Employee Reviews

Volunteering
Receptionist (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: helping people in need.
Cons: seeing the friends upset
Helping people in need of help with food, utilities and clothing. Asking friends if they are in our zip codes. Helping fill out and reviewing the paper work. Making sure they have the right information and if not to bring it with them on the next visit. Making sure that they understand the qualifications that are needed. Working with postive people. When a friend comes in and gets upset because they have have already come for the month or they are not in our zip codes. Seeing the friends happy and getting thank you's and hugs from them.
Community based company dedicated to helping others.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Everett, WAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great employee discounts and friendly environment.
Cons: no room for advancement and unstable management.
St. Vincent de Paul is a wonderful non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping the community. I support all they stand for. My favorite part of my job was working with the customers and helping those in need. The atmosphere is upbeat and positive. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Being a small retail store there was not a lot of room for advancement. They did not however give regular employee reviews or raises. The hardest part of my job was when monthly funding was at its max and their were still so many people in need. The was a very high employee turnover and management was changed often. Overall it was a great place to work short term.
productive and fun work place
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free leftover at the end
Cons: standing for long periods of time.
A typical day at St. Vincent De Paul would be to come in and prepare/bag the food that was to be handed out when people arrived. I learned what its like to be independent because no one holds your hand the whole time you really have to catch on fast and work really hard to get through the day and to get the job done. my co workers were all really great and really bubbly people and always ready to help and ready to work , when i got there everyone sort of knew eachother and i did not know anyone but they were really open to bringing me in and showing me sort of what to do. The hardest part of the job was telling the families with young children they can only have a certain amount. the easiest part was being really happy and talking to the "costumers" and sort of getting to know how things worked and how just overall working as a team and helping people out was the best part.
Very helpful, humbly
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 23, 2013
On a typical day, we would help over a dozen of families with daily needs, food, clothing and household needs. I felt great coming and leaving work daily. I learn so much, but more importantly how to be so appreciative of the things I have. I was a key holder responsible for opening and closing the store, daily paperwork,handling deposits. My co-worker and I work good together.hardest part of the job is when I couldn't help some. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting donations.
Nice place to volunteer
Hungry for more (Former Employee), South hill, WAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: break if i needed one
Cons: did not get hourly wage
I neatly arranged twenty-five cent table, with greeting shoppers to whoever I handed out flyers, put shoes in correct position and organized clothing
Basic or simple=not much to learn
Both managers had had been understanding, helpful and always out to assist me in whatever I did
co workers there were friendly
I liked being able to communicate with the customer
productive work place
Custodial/food service/volunteer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free food & clothes
Cons: short breaks
i worked at St Vincent De paul as a server i cooked and cleaned for the homeless
great caring workplace, with outstanding management.
Warehouse Supervsor (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 4, 2013
Pros: quick advancement.
Cons: low starting wages.
Overall best work enviroment. Management went out of way to ensure best employees would be advanced.
productive, organized and enjoy working with people
Head cashier (Current Employee), slinger, wiSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: letting poeple know the good things about the place
Cons: being able 2 buy things and always finding thing i liked
my dad starts out with strengthen my area. sort my department , price and put. the days I open I get the cash drawers ready for start up. do the deposit. I do the same when I closed.
Laughs and Comfort
Cashier (Former Employee), West Bend, WISeptember 11, 2013
Pros: monthly potlucks
Cons: unaffordable health insurance
Overall, was a enjoyable place of employment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with customers.At the job site I learned to be accomodating and versitile while enforcing store policies. Management changes were not in the best of interest,which made favortism in coworkers. Having three store locations not all store rules wre enforced.The customers were my high light of my day.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLSeptember 5, 2013
They kept me busy, I was always helping customers and employees. Great work environment. Everyone works together.
great place to learn new things
Volunteer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: work experience
Assist homeless, low-income families, and elderly clients with clothing, housing, food share, medical, also getting their identification cards
Helping the elderly and the homeless get transportation to medical appointments
Read to children and help with homework in the reading room
Provided emotional support to clients in distress
Provided resources to clients that are struggling with drug and alcohol issues
Served their meals to their seats
It was a job
Material Handler and cashier (Former Employee), Marinette, WIJuly 17, 2013
Cons: boss was very disrespectful
my co-workers were a blast to work with, enjoyed meeting all different people.
My experience working with the homeless economically disadvantaged population.
Ozaman Manor - Senior Homeless Shelter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2013
The most enjoyable was working with disadvantaged people of multi-cultures peoples
Very short stepping stone
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Huntington, NYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: medical
Cons: management has no concept of how to manage, unprofessional managers
I have always wanted to work for a non-profit organization that helps people. Working for this organization was a lesson learned. Don't get me wrong, there are some people that this organization has helped and I have felt some pride in it. On my end, working in the warehouse, management is scared to crack the whip, so the majority of employees just work at 50%. In a time when so many people are applying for a job, this company hires very young adults without checking references when true adults willing to work hard are passed by. The general manager spends more time downgrading his older female employees knowing they have no other choice but to take the criticism and trying to make sure he looks good for his higher ups while leaving the assistant manager to do all the work. Granted the assistant manager has a strong work ethic and comes from a non-profit background. In short, during a rough economy I held tight to this job, bit my lip and stuck it out. Now that jobs are emerging, I am making a run for it.
A great place for second chances.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJune 27, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: could use more hours or money.
A typical day of work has it challenges but this place is typically a great place to work. The atmosphere is a family type place. All different kind of people to work with adds for a greater learning experience. I love working with other people and the cause of helping others.
A interactive workplace with different people everyday.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2013
Pros: flexible workday
Cons: healthcare
• Supervised and coordinated 25 volunteers on various tasks each day to ensure team distribution efforts where coordinated.
• Delegated five assignments daily to 25 volunteers based on their experience and interests.
• Used communication skills both written and oral to organize five volunteer groups of five people each to complete various task.
• Created strategic leading to efficiently organize and distributed sorted donated materials for distribution in area stores.
got the oportunity to work around customers
Materials Manager/cashier (Former Employee), WIMarch 28, 2013
Pros: being able to help customers
Cons: pay was only 5.15 an hour
Loved working here very friendly work environment. Boss was able and willing to work around my schedules.
So So
Assistant Security Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2013
This company is a great company if you are looking for a job, but not a career. Room for advancement is small, and wages rarely increase.
this is a very fun place to work for, it gives you a lot of job to work here.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 21, 2013
Pros: it is a fun place to work, you make friends, go to meetings to learn new things and to pray, and to discuss new ways of doing your job.
I would recomment working for St.VincentDePaul to anyone asking.
fun and produtive work place
Account Navigator (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free food for meet
I loved the job because not only was ineracting whit people. I was doing accountant. The management was excellent. My co workers was commited there jobs to service our community and more. I learned working for this company that valuing your customer and work could take you a far way in life

St. Vincent de Paul Salaries