St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

A typical day of a patient transport
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work as a transporter would start off by clocking in by thumbprint, then we would start our task once we got to our first patient, once we got the patient where they needed to go, if they didn't page us for another patient, we would call up to the desk to make sure there was not another patient to transport. With being a patient transport I improved my customer service, and I learned how to speak to patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would go and speak to patients who did not have any family. I was able to be there for people who did not have anyone to be there.
Hardest part of the job
Translations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2015
Make sure that all the forms are translated in the language that is more needed in each ministry and make sure that the forms that are already translated are done well.
St Vincent Health
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 23, 2015
In a typical day I may speak with around 50 patients in regards to physicians billing. Calls range from submitting claims to insurance, telling patients why insurance didn't pay, process payments, send out bills and dispute charges. I learned alot about coding and how it can change the amount of a simple visit with your Dr. The hardest part was the brief training. It was very basic and management doesnt give reps the power to do some very simple tasks like issue refunds and etc. The most enjoyable part is being able to solve patients issues.
Pros
working for a reputable company
Cons
only a 30 minute lunch and 15 minute break consecutive, disorganization and short staffed
Busy workplace,
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2015
Enjoy the job itself. It's a busy field, a mental job can be labor intensive depending on the task at hand. enjoy the co-workers we support and assist each other all the time. Be open to change.
Pros
gives alot of resource to other medical position
Cons
over worked and mentally exhausted
Horrible place to work especially in Kokomo
Administration (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 27, 2015
I worked for the Kokomo location for several years in fear of losing my job. Everyone in administration knows how incompetent they are and stick together so they have jobs. I have witnessed every wrongful thing you can imagine including unlicensed health care workers working on patients, noone gets in trouble if you are a friend of someone in administration, but if you aren't they will find a way to get rid of you. Everything is completely outdated in all practices and operating procedures they do. There is no accountability for people and no rules are followed consistently. I think the other locations within St. Vincent Health are a lot better, just not Kokomo, Indiana one. There is no fair pay scales there. That place needs shut down or taken over with an entire new leadership and management team if it wants to stay in business.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing, Doesn't think the laws apply to them, No confidentiality, Poor Management that no other facility would ever hire
Expansive Healthcare Support organization
Senior Systems Analyst, Bus. Financial Apps Team (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work with incredible benefits (especially paid time off) and opportunity to interact with a variety of technological ideologies and systems
Value Based Career
Denial Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2015
St. Vincent Health is a wonderful company to be part of. The benefits are amazing, the opportunities are abundant, and the employees and management are like family.
Interesting and exciting place to begin nursing clinical rotations.
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
St. Vincent Health Network has been an excellent starting point for my nursing journey. I have learned a great deal during my clinical rotations at the facility.
Good unit to work
Registered Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
Nurse to patient ratio 1:4. Great coworkers. Management of unit was ok, however did not have adult care background which hindered her ability to understand staff issues.
Worst "Float" position ever!!
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 26, 2015
i recently worked as a float clinical assistant in a variety of offices. I have to say the pay was good for being a CMA but the management was terrible, short staffed, unorganized, be-littling, 2-faced for a supervisor..and I told her I decided to go back to school to better myself and my future. She pretty much said it was either my job or school!! I had high hopes working for SVMG..but ended up being used and abused. No respect!
There is no equality here
non clinical staff (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 24, 2015
Pay for non-clinical staff is abysmal. No raises, no bonuses... at least not for hourly staff. With my pay, I qualify for public assistance, but the president of my hospital makes $550,000+ per year.

There are no pay scales, at least not that are accessible to employees. I just discovered that I am making 15% less an hour than a girl who has been here a year less than me, and we do the same job. If they find out you are comparing salaries, they will fire you. They don't want anyone to know what anyone else is making, that way we can't join forces and demand equality.

Management is untrustworthy and duplicitous. They are nepotic in the way they treat their employees, with friends of supervision receiving blatant special treatment and privileges.

It's nearly impossible to get a vacation, even if you have the hours banked, because they run such a low staffing level that they don't have coverage for you. Yet... management can take off whenever they feel like it. There is a big problem with employee turnover rates. As soon as people find something better (doesn't take a lot) they leave.

They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to keep a patient satisfied. The theme of working here is CYA. Document everything you do, because it WILL be used against you in the future, I guarantee it. Patients should be kept happy, but there also should be SOME level of loyalty to your employees, and there simply is not within this organization. They don't care how good of a job you do.

This isn't the worst job I've ever had but it's certainly not the best. I do believe it is the most unfair
  more... and unequal place I have ever worked.  less
Pros
great health insurance.
Cons
see my review
Great place for me to grow, provide service, and interact with the top executives across the company.
Executive Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
WHAT I DO:
• Trusted thought partner and advisor to senior leadership
• Resolve conflict within any organization including external vendors and contractors
• Provide clear and accurate special results reporting
• Skilled at identifying profit improvement across all levels of an organization
• Special talent in simplifying complex issues for clear executable action steps and plans

HOW I ADD VALUE TO AN ORGANIZATION
• Delivering against objectives
• Identifying work environment strategies to increase productivity and employee engagement.
• Implementing practical solutions and measuring the business impact.
• Providing leaders with management information and analysis of trends and issues.
• Communicating complex programs and issues in a clear and concise manner with solutions.
• Contributing to project teams focused on organization-wide initiatives.
Pros
independent enviroment where i could work across the system to add value and solve problems.
Cons
no cons that i can think of. great place to work.
Great people
System Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 9, 2015
St. Vincent is a place to work. I work with many great people. Being part of the Ascension Health family. System changes have changed systems used in daily operations.
Fun, fast paced, awesome cowoerkers
CSR Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
Take 80+ inbound calls from patient, insurance companies and physician offices to research and resolve issues. Initiate and complete 4+ medical record reviews.
Worked with awesome managers to resolve escalated issues. Coworkers worked as a team to provide exemplary patient service.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep the phone queue under 10 due to staff restrictions. The most enjoyable part of the job was that at the end of the day I know I helped at least one person have a better day.
Pros
patient, family oriented. great managers
Cons
not enough staff to keep up with calls
nothing good
patient care tech (Former Employee) –  indianapolis,inNovember 7, 2014
didnt get to learn alot.worst job i ever had.supervisor very rude and distant
Pros
nothing
Cons
one break for twelve shift
Productive place to work
Patient Care Administrative Tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2014
I learned so much throughout my years of employment with this company. I loved going to work most days...

My co workers and I became a family!!!
Nothing negative.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2014
Good co-workers. Competent supervisors for the most part. Improvements could be made with management saying hello to their employees occasionally. I had three supervisors and one manager. One supervisor showed initiation to be friendly to the office staff. Very good compensation.
Pros
good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons
management often seemed disinterested in employees.
Working as a consultant
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
I worked there as a consultant and even on my first day when no one knew me everyone said hello. The people there are all trying hard to see that the system is a success.
Wonerful
Preceptor Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2014
Learning experience was wonderful, much better than learning in the classroom.
Pros
experience
Great organization to work for!
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2014
Provided healthcare career presentations to grades K-12.

I've learned that more children and adults need to be informed of the many options in the healthcare field.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when I get to do fun science/biology experience with the younger kids. Their eyes, just light up!