St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

Expansive Healthcare Support organization
Senior Systems Analyst, Bus. Financial Apps Team (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work with incredible benefits (especially paid time off) and opportunity to interact with a variety of technological ideologies and systems
Value Based Career
Denial Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2015
St. Vincent Health is a wonderful company to be part of. The benefits are amazing, the opportunities are abundant, and the employees and management are like family.
Interesting and exciting place to begin nursing clinical rotations.
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
St. Vincent Health Network has been an excellent starting point for my nursing journey. I have learned a great deal during my clinical rotations at the facility.
Good unit to work
Registered Health Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
Nurse to patient ratio 1:4. Great coworkers. Management of unit was ok, however did not have adult care background which hindered her ability to understand staff issues.
Worst "Float" position ever!!
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), IndianaFebruary 26, 2015
i recently worked as a float clinical assistant in a variety of offices. I have to say the pay was good for being a CMA but the management was terrible, short staffed, unorganized, be-littling, 2-faced for a supervisor..and I told her I decided to go back to school to better myself and my future. She pretty much said it was either my job or school!! I had high hopes working for SVMG..but ended up being used and abused. No respect!
There is no equality here
non clinical staff (Current Employee), IndianaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great health insurance.
Cons: see my review
Pay for non-clinical staff is abysmal. No raises, no bonuses... at least not for hourly staff. With my pay, I qualify for public assistance, but the president of my hospital makes $550,000+ per year.

There are no pay scales, at least not that are accessible to employees. I just discovered that I am making 15% less an hour than a girl who has been here a year less than me, and we do the same job. If – more... they find out you are comparing salaries, they will fire you. They don't want anyone to know what anyone else is making, that way we can't join forces and demand equality.

Management is untrustworthy and duplicitous. They are nepotic in the way they treat their employees, with friends of supervision receiving blatant special treatment and privileges.

It's nearly impossible to get a vacation, even if you have the hours banked, because they run such a low staffing level that they don't have coverage for you. Yet... management can take off whenever they feel like it. There is a big problem with employee turnover rates. As soon as people find something better (doesn't take a lot) they leave.

They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to keep a patient satisfied. The theme of working here is CYA. Document everything you do, because it WILL be used against you in the future, I guarantee it. Patients should be kept happy, but there also should be SOME level of loyalty to your employees, and there simply is not within this organization. They don't care how good of a job you do.

This isn't the worst job I've ever had but it's certainly not the best. I do believe it is the most unfair and unequal place I have ever worked. – less
Great place for me to grow, provide service, and interact with the top executives across the company.
Executive Director of Operations (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: independent enviroment where i could work across the system to add value and solve problems.
Cons: no cons that i can think of. great place to work.
WHAT I DO:
• Trusted thought partner and advisor to senior leadership
• Resolve conflict within any organization including external vendors and contractors
• Provide clear and accurate special results reporting
• Skilled at identifying profit improvement across all levels of an organization
• Special talent in simplifying complex issues for clear executable action steps and plans

HOW I ADD VALUE TO – more... AN ORGANIZATION
• Delivering against objectives
• Identifying work environment strategies to increase productivity and employee engagement.
• Implementing practical solutions and measuring the business impact.
• Providing leaders with management information and analysis of trends and issues.
• Communicating complex programs and issues in a clear and concise manner with solutions.
• Contributing to project teams focused on organization-wide initiatives. – less
Great people
System Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 9, 2015
St. Vincent is a place to work. I work with many great people. Being part of the Ascension Health family. System changes have changed systems used in daily operations.
Fun, fast paced, awesome cowoerkers
CSR Patient Financial Services (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
Pros: patient, family oriented. great managers
Cons: not enough staff to keep up with calls
Take 80+ inbound calls from patient, insurance companies and physician offices to research and resolve issues. Initiate and complete 4+ medical record reviews.
Worked with awesome managers to resolve escalated issues. Coworkers worked as a team to provide exemplary patient service.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep the phone queue under 10 due to staff restrictions. The most enjoyable part of the job was that at the end of the day I know I helped at least one person have a better day.
nothing good
patient care tech (Former Employee), indianapolis,inNovember 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: one break for twelve shift
didnt get to learn alot.worst job i ever had.supervisor very rude and distant
Productive place to work
Patient Care Administrative Tech (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2014
I learned so much throughout my years of employment with this company. I loved going to work most days...

My co workers and I became a family!!!
Nothing negative.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons: management often seemed disinterested in employees.
Good co-workers. Competent supervisors for the most part. Improvements could be made with management saying hello to their employees occasionally. I had three supervisors and one manager. One supervisor showed initiation to be friendly to the office staff. Very good compensation.
Working as a consultant
Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
I worked there as a consultant and even on my first day when no one knew me everyone said hello. The people there are all trying hard to see that the system is a success.
Wonerful
Preceptor Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Learning experience was wonderful, much better than learning in the classroom.
Great organization to work for!
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2014
Provided healthcare career presentations to grades K-12.

I've learned that more children and adults need to be informed of the many options in the healthcare field.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when I get to do fun science/biology experience with the younger kids. Their eyes, just light up!
Loved the many responsibilities
Exec. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2014
Pros: favorite position
Cons: director divulged personal medical information (i almost died)
Worked for 2 Directors, 5 Managers, 7 Supervisors and 102 Associates. Coordinated flights, meetings, luncheons and the lunch itself, scheduled multiple company Directors, and the proper control of sensitive personnel documents. Project Manager for the move of 102 associates to a new building. Conferred with Telecommunications, Moving Company, IT to ensure all PC's and phones were working properly to ensure no down time or loss of productivity. Many other duties.

I left for personal reasons.
Where do I start.....
Pt. Rep. (Former Employee), Pendleton In.March 3, 2014
Pros: i really cannot think of any.
Cons: so many...
I worked hard and all I received was damnation. I really liked this job but it was the worst job and was heartbreaking for me. Still do not understand. Why would you hire someone and take them through all the training and then treat them with such disrespect. I do not recommend this place as a work place or hospital. Horrible. The CMA talked about the things the patient told her. Two of the workers clocked each other in and out. So many confidentiality info was abused. Not a place I would ever recomend....not with those type of workers. I will never understand the mentality of that office. So many illegal things went on there....I must of been a threat since I did not hang with them.
Great Opportunity
Admitting Specialist I (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2014
Greets patients, guests, processes all outpatient and inpatient admissions, pre-admissions. Provide all physicians and nursing staff with clerical support. Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. Adheres to organizational and department safety standards and guidelines. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, and staff.
Great
C.N.A (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARDecember 23, 2013
My overall experience with this company was great. I got to meet many different people and I enjoyed the fact that I wasn't in your typical hospital setting. I traveled to the patients house and I got to visit many different places that I haven't heard of until becoming employed at VNA
I've Learned So Much
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2013
Pros: family-oriented, good pay
Cons: no benefits
One of the things I enjoy most about St. Vincent Health is there is no such thing as a typical day. My job involves a great deal of variety and I enjoy that. As Facility Coordinator I am involved with many different types of situations including helping employees with various building issues, meeting new hires, and maintaining our Real Estate database. One day I might be planning an event and the next – more... day I might be in a meeting concerning building security.

I have learned more at St. Vincent Health than in any other job I've had. I've learned about Property Management, Badging/Security, Leasing, Utilities, Building Maintenance and Occupancy and many other things. I am very lucky because I have amazing co-workers teaching me new things all the time. They have been more than supportive and extremely willing to share their knowledge with me.

I would say the hardest part of this job has been not having a clear definition of my role. In a sense, I created my own space here at St. Vincent Health, even helping to come up with my own title. I started taking on things for my Real Estate co-workers that they didn't have time to do because their workload was very heavy. I took the initiative to take on as much responsiblity as possible to ensure that the day to day operations ran smoothly and that my co-workers knew they could count on me for anything.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being hands on assisting with Property Management and being of service to all of the employees in our building. Knowing that people rely on me is a great feeling. People here at St. Vincent Health know they can depend on me for whatever they need anytime of day. That has been incredibly rewarding during my time here. – less