St. Vincent Health

St. Vincent Health Employer Reviews

nothing good
patient care tech (Former Employee), indianapolis,inNovember 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: one break for twelve shift
didnt get to learn alot.worst job i ever had.supervisor very rude and distant
Productive place to work
Patient Care Administrative Tech (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2014
I learned so much throughout my years of employment with this company. I loved going to work most days...

My co workers and I became a family!!!
Nothing negative.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons: management often seemed disinterested in employees.
Good co-workers. Competent supervisors for the most part. Improvements could be made with management saying hello to their employees occasionally. I had three supervisors and one manager. One supervisor showed initiation to be friendly to the office staff. Very good compensation.
Working as a consultant
Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
I worked there as a consultant and even on my first day when no one knew me everyone said hello. The people there are all trying hard to see that the system is a success.
Wonerful
Preceptor Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Learning experience was wonderful, much better than learning in the classroom.
Great organization to work for!
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2014
Provided healthcare career presentations to grades K-12.

I've learned that more children and adults need to be informed of the many options in the healthcare field.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when I get to do fun science/biology experience with the younger kids. Their eyes, just light up!
Loved the many responsibilities
Exec. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2014
Pros: favorite position
Cons: director divulged personal medical information (i almost died)
Worked for 2 Directors, 5 Managers, 7 Supervisors and 102 Associates. Coordinated flights, meetings, luncheons and the lunch itself, scheduled multiple company Directors, and the proper control of sensitive personnel documents. Project Manager for the move of 102 associates to a new building. Conferred with Telecommunications, Moving Company, IT to – more... ensure all PC's and phones were working properly to ensure no down time or loss of productivity. Many other duties.

I left for personal reasons. – less
Where do I start.....
Pt. Rep. (Former Employee), Pendleton In.March 3, 2014
Pros: i really cannot think of any.
Cons: so many...
I worked hard and all I received was damnation. I really liked this job but it was the worst job and was heartbreaking for me. Still do not understand. Why would you hire someone and take them through all the training and then treat them with such disrespect. I do not recommend this place as a work place or hospital. Horrible. The CMA talked about the – more... things the patient told her. Two of the workers clocked each other in and out. So many confidentiality info was abused. Not a place I would ever recomend....not with those type of workers. I will never understand the mentality of that office. So many illegal things went on there....I must of been a threat since I did not hang with them. – less
Great Opportunity
Admitting Specialist I (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2014
Greets patients, guests, processes all outpatient and inpatient admissions, pre-admissions. Provide all physicians and nursing staff with clerical support. Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. Adheres to organizational and department safety standards and guidelines. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts – more... effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, and staff. – less
Great
C.N.A (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARDecember 23, 2013
My overall experience with this company was great. I got to meet many different people and I enjoyed the fact that I wasn't in your typical hospital setting. I traveled to the patients house and I got to visit many different places that I haven't heard of until becoming employed at VNA
I've Learned So Much
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2013
Pros: family-oriented, good pay
Cons: no benefits
One of the things I enjoy most about St. Vincent Health is there is no such thing as a typical day. My job involves a great deal of variety and I enjoy that. As Facility Coordinator I am involved with many different types of situations including helping employees with various building issues, meeting new hires, and maintaining our Real Estate database. – more... One day I might be planning an event and the next day I might be in a meeting concerning building security.

I have learned more at St. Vincent Health than in any other job I've had. I've learned about Property Management, Badging/Security, Leasing, Utilities, Building Maintenance and Occupancy and many other things. I am very lucky because I have amazing co-workers teaching me new things all the time. They have been more than supportive and extremely willing to share their knowledge with me.

I would say the hardest part of this job has been not having a clear definition of my role. In a sense, I created my own space here at St. Vincent Health, even helping to come up with my own title. I started taking on things for my Real Estate co-workers that they didn't have time to do because their workload was very heavy. I took the initiative to take on as much responsiblity as possible to ensure that the day to day operations ran smoothly and that my co-workers knew they could count on me for anything.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being hands on assisting with Property Management and being of service to all of the employees in our building. Knowing that people rely on me is a great feeling. People here at St. Vincent Health know they can depend on me for whatever they need anytime of day. That has been incredibly rewarding during my time here. – less
Medical Informatics Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2013
I really enjoyed working at St. Vincent the people were great. In my review it should have gotten perfect scores however, my computer would not let me rate it that way. I got along with everyone I worked with and for.
Temp
Accounts payable specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2013
Worked as a temp gained some experience. Good people to work with.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 10, 2012
Pros: fun job
Cons: disgruntled customers
Learned a lot about people. Met a lot of interesting people.
Interesting place to work
Pros: fun job
Cons: driving exams
Learned a lot about people in Louisiana. The hardest part about this job would have been giving road tests to teenagers who had no clue about driving.
Friendly, passionate employees
Contract Employee (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: good work environment, sense of community
Cons: poor communication between departments
Overall, St. Vincent is a great organization at which to work. Employees seem cheerful and it is evident that they care very deeply about their work and the mission of the organization.
Excellent opportunities
Manager, Durable Medical Equipment Supply Store (Current Employee), Anderson, INMay 5, 2012
Pros: benefits, friendly nursing staff, excellent physicians
Cons: upper mgmt could use younger ideas/culture, old-fashioned rules/policies, ie. dress code
At St. John's, need to get new blood in upper management. Overall good place to work. Good goals and expectations.