St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

Very rewarding positions
Biller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Work is rewarding and competitive. I learned a lot about medical records and billing. Management is good to work for. The hardest part of the job is dealing with corporate changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is work from home days.
Very fast paced OR. Work faster and harder with miniscule raises. Very understaffed
Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2018
No increase in number of department staff over the past 9 years even though work load more than doubled. The people you work with are the best you will ever meet. Administration is out of touch with the front line care givers.
Friendly coworkers and flexible management
RN Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 13, 2017
Friendly coworkers and flexible management; Management tends to be pretty fair when it comes to work/life balance, flexing shifts, and accommodating for family needs.
I enjoyed my working experience at St. Vincent hospital.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  2001 W 86th Street Indianapolis, IN 46260December 12, 2017
I worked in the Patient Access department doing Inpatient as well as Outpatient registrations. I LOVED the people there and thrived in my role.

The management was kind and coached me very well. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the very fast pace of patient flow. I felt the compensation was well and the workplace culture was very positive.
Great Place to Work and Learn
Promotion - Senior, Allscripts Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
St. Vincent and Ascension health will always be home to me, I learned more there than any job I have ever been at. I grew there and as a result am able to take my skills on the road to share with other healthcare groups.
St. Vincent
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2017
It was a fun job with good managers in place. Many changes were happening and jobs were becoming more centralized so many jobs were being reduced....
It was a good place to work
Amn lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 2, 2017
Every jobs has it ups and down , but this was a good place to work. The management was good , the wages were good. I did not want to leave, but unfortunate circumstances pushed me out of my job. I really would like to go back.
Fast paced, never a dull moment.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 2, 2017
My 9 years at St Vincent has been a lot of highs and lows. I would have to say the highs have out weighed the lows. I was really wanting to stay in the healthcare field.
Very Good Place to Work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2017
STV Pike Township is a very good department to work for, we do 911 emergency runs on the northwest side of Indianapolis. Very good equipment and they focus everything on pt care.
A relaxed place to work
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST / AR / CASH POSTER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2017
Had all major holidays off. Celebrated everyones birthdays with pitch ins. On certain Holidays we would do theme pictch in parties.
Everyone helped each other.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
no more jean day everyday except Fridays
Great team
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 18, 2017
Love my job here at St Vincent. Just looking to supplement my income as I have a child going off to college next year. Do not plan to leave my job here.
great place
Rep. Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 17, 2017
I love working for this company. work with great people, friendly environment, plenty of chance for advancement and learning opportunities.
the benefits are great
Professional environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 6, 2017
Fast paced and completive environment. Management usually tried to address all concerns in timey manner. Very fair compensation package provided to employees.
Great Culture
IT Director/Liaison (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 4, 2017
Excellent Mission, values, and vision. Part of Ascension Health, which is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the USA. St. Vincent Indiana is one of their largest local health system.
Working in ICU
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2017
I learned a lot in a few short months. I wanted to go further in my career in ICU but I guess that wasn't possible. I was happy and would like to work in ICU again
Great experience but nice to move on.
Operating room charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 30, 2017
I will always value my experience that I recieved from st Vincent's healthcare. However i will not recommend anyone to work there or will I return to work there while the current culture is still going on. Great managers can lift a place up. Poor managers can tear a place down. St Vincent's has potential to be a great place to work. Great doctors doing amazing things work there
Amazing co workers.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 28, 2017
If I ever had an issue or a question it was so easy to get help. Everyone there is so caring and helpful. We all worked together to get the job done and the patient taken care of.
fast pace, stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2017
call center. stays busy. you take many calls. lots of paper work. rude customers. good manager but they stay busy. good work hours and pay wage. you'll like it.
St. Vincent has changed...
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2017
St. Vincent claims to be a non-profit organization that follows the core values of integrity, creativity, reverence, wisdom etc., however, executives (who move on after 2-3 years) and management merely give political lip services to these values. SV is driven by the bottom line which is cost and profit. Staffing is perennially inadequate and nurses, techs, and case managers are asked to do more and more and are expected to carry on without complaint. Consultants come and go leaving behind a new flavor of the month for employees to focus on--AIDET, STUDER, SIBR rounding etc. If you are going to work here, don't have any delusions that the C-suite or directors care about what you or what you think because they don't. Their focus is resume building.
Pros
The occasional pleasant patient and family
Cons
Constraints on taking PTO
Productive and fun workplace
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boonville, INSeptember 5, 2017
St Vincent is a very comfortable place to work. It has been a pleasure working for this company. They have very nice insurance and have decent pay. They are very generous and caring around the workplace and make sure your needs are met.