St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

Poor
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 11, 2017
This company hides behind horizon which only takes pt with good insurance. Very poor Human Resources, doesn't answer phones, no understanding of behavioral health.they allow management to bully the staff. I had issues that I needed help with. And never achieved the assistance I needed. St .Marys is a lie. I hope it all comes out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very poor management
Great place to work-Retired
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 27, 2016
Typical day at work was providing safety & security for all hospital staff, patients, visitors & land/building assets. Learned many life lessons, how to manage people & behaviors in stressful situations. Great co-workers, family environment. Hardest part of job was dealing with violent, intoxicated or psychotic persons. Most enjoyable was helping other people.
Great cultural environment
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2016
Good place to work. I've met some wonderful, caring people in my current department. I've learned how to work in Athena software. My manager and supervisor are good leaders. I really love working with all of my coworkers. They make my day all day, everyday! The hardest part of my job is feeling unproductive due to the technology that we're given to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work side by side with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
technology, software doesn't work for my job
Great resource
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, IndianaOctober 6, 2016
I love SVS. It's a loving and caring environment. My coworkers are very professional and considerate. Management is always available to help anytime day or night . Patient care is their number one goal. Financial help is readily available to anyone without insurance. A number of different clinics to assist the community with their medical needs.
Pros
Catholic based company, professional environment
Scary
patient account rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis north buildingOctober 25, 2016
Worked as a temp in patient financial services. Training was inadequate for expected performance. Supervisor was often unavailable and was rude and did not offer solutions or answers to questions. Entire team in fear of job loss. People often let go for made up reasons. Eight people let go in one month. No job security.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
poor training, bad management
Kokomo
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 21, 2016
Horrible treatment of their employees. No job security no set schedules for patient care techs. Hired on part time and unit manager assigned part time employees full time hours but no benefits offered to pt employees. Fired for no apparent reason first week there and was nothing I could do about it and st Vincent is a huge network so one day of working here probably ruined my chances of working in the network elsewhere
Pros
Cons
The pay
Super busy and always short-staffed
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, but never enough employees to complete all the tasks for the day. Equipment in radiology was always breaking and the department never had enough money in the budget to fix it in a timely manner.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Equipment malfunctioning
meet a lot of nice co workers and great team players
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  erie paAugust 23, 2016
meet a lot of nice co workers and great team players
management has a lot to be desired, doesn't care about their employees
hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer, who is the most important so they keep coming back
most enjoyable part of the job is talking to a wide range of people, offices, doctors etc
Pros
satisfying the customers
Cons
management doesnt care about employees/never rewards you
great company excellent ceo nice cafe clean restrooms
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2016
this was a excellent company to work for great teaching skills one on one with employees great café nice restrooms company gives feedbacks
Pros
nice outdoors area
Cons
an extra five minutes foe breaks
Loved the job because of the patients
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed my time spent working in the lab because I could isolate myself from all the gossip, back-biting, and bullying. I was never treated as part of the 'team' and the only time I was even included as such was when upper management was in the building. There was constant miscommunication and power trips among certain people. If a mistake is made because of someone else's teaching, YOU will have to take the blame, because throwing one another under the bus to save one's own self is common practice.
Pros
The pro for me was the fact that I cared for my patients, and I enjoyed what I was doing.
Cons
The con was dealing with people, who were more concerned with getting overtime, than genuine patient care, and respect for their co-workers.
work place
RN (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 10, 2016
I love working at the hospital, I love the people that I work with I have not ever worked with such a team oriented group of people like this before. Everyone is always happy to be at work its nice and refreshing to see that when you come to work each day
Poorly managed just got drama
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2016
This is the worst job I ever had! Management is incompetent. Pay is poor. Uncoordinated. Worked in Imaging thank god I was just PRN. 23 people came and went in just over a year. The manager of imaging has no healthcare background. Poor morale. Lot's and lot's of turnover.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor parking, hostile enviroment due to management
Core Values
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Executive Director) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2016
Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication are the core values St. Vincent Health, in which I truly admire dearly because they fall in line with whom I am.
Pros
Professional work environment
Cons
N/A
Excellent opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 15, 2016
This facility provided me with vast experience and education in a variety of areas. Throughout my career experiences I know they provide excellent care.
Pros
Education, opportunity for growth and change
Working for St. Vincent
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  8414 naab Rd indianapolis, IN 46260May 21, 2016
It was a great experience, i've learned a lot. I was able to hone my medical terms and to interpret in the seven different clinics in the building: family medicine, internal medicine pediatrics, Obgyn, surgery clinic, multidisciplinary clinic and for the teaching classes in diabetes education, anticoagulant class and the nutritional class too.
family enviroment feeling. I will always recommend their service and job opportunities to others.
Pros
kindness and excellent service for the patients
Cons
I just got tired of driving one hour to get there and one hour to come back home for three years.
Great People
Unit Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 3, 2016
St. Vincent is a great place to work. Great people and promotes employee advancement. Anyone would enjoy working for this organization.
no support for hourly workers. Culture of gossip
front desk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2016
Poor management. No breaks. Misled about amount of work as well added jobs not in original job description. Very stressful environment.
Some employees expected to do all work while others were allowed to talk and text most of the time by finance and administration.
Supervisor unprofessional makes false allegations against current employees to hire friends and family members.
Very surprising for a large company. Would expect more ethical treatment and better training.
Cons
stressful environment, dishonest management. very high employee turnover
Fast paced dedicated to service
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 4, 2016
What I learned is that patient care extends beyond the physical. That their perception about their care starts at registration. That being curious and efficient can help ease patients attitude and anxiety about the procedures and or cost associated with the process. Never underestimate the value of coworkers who are dedicated to doing their job to the best of their ability. It does not mean that they have to be as quick as you are, but that you can rely on them in high stress situations
Cons
Never got a lunch break because there was no relief
i loved it
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2016
St. Vincent is probably the funniest job I've ever had. All the workers around the hosipital were all so nice and helpful. I'll recommend St. Vincent to anybody looking for a job.
Good Company
Student Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2016
As previously stated, I thoroughly enjoyed working for St. Vincent. This company seems to strive to provide many resources and an excellent work environment where growth is not only encouraged, but well appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent Health. Our community is ready to answer.