St. Vincent Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Okay for a travel assignment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 18, 2015
Learned a lot of different things here, but just not a part of the country that I wanted to live in. Good educational opportunities for new grads wanting to learn.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Contract work, no benefits
productive Workplace
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 7, 2015
A typical day in a busy ER can bring multiple challenges. Most of the time this was a great place to work! The work was stressful but kept you busy.
Pros
Good group of staff
Cons
12 hour days
Would go back to work there
Training Center and Outreach Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 14, 2015
St. Vincent Healthcare was my "home" for nearly 14 years! The management style was one where I was able to make decisions while garnering input when it was necessary. My supervisors and director allowed me to work autonomously. This was a wonderful place to work and I would recommend it to others!
Pros
Staff, work, opportunities to work with others, caring for staff and patients, growth in the outreach program
Cons
I could overwork myself if not careful.
A job
RN (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 24, 2015
I have little respect for the way the employees are treated by management. Overworked and under appreciated. No time for breaks because of being understaffed most of the time. " Stepford Wife" mentality of management that ultimately hurts the regular workers. Pay is poor. Benefits are so-so. There are a lot of unemployed RNs in the Billings MT area because of the environment at both hospitals in the community. No discount for the food in cafeteria which is grossly overpriced for the quality.
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks, poor management, poor interaction between professional and ancillary employees
The workers are exciting and great to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2015
This facility is a great place to work , everyone is friendly and a team players. If you choose to work independently or as a team as long as the residents are cared for and safe, that what important.
Great place to work with a family environment.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 13, 2015
I loved working for the hospital because everyday at work was always different. The work was challenging and would use my skills to its full potential. Management was always encouraging the employees to grow and advance within the company. My co-workers were easy to get along with and was always wanting to help if I had too many things to do at once. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle the sadness that happened sometime when a patient would pass away.
Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 19, 2015
Coach and mentor 45 staff in 250 bed acute care hospital with multiple out patient admissions.
Manage schedules, ADT admissions. Working closely with physicians, clinical and revenue cycle to assure appropriate admissions status, research and review appropriate insurance payer. Counsel patient and families in insurance benefits and patient liability. Assist in applications for public benefits or Disability Determinations.

Assisting patient in finding payer sources for services or manage financial assistance applications
Pros
patient assistance
An enjoyable place to work with compationate employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 1, 2014
Where I work we have fun in some way everyday. We laugh with one another, cry with one another, it is a second family. Our department is small and all employees work well together. It is very much a team environment, and that is encouraged by our department management. I have learn something new everyday as it related to patient care, how to relate to patients on their level, clinical education opportunities present themselves daily with doctors that are willing and excited to teach us something new, where questions are encouraged and the care is patient centered. The hardest part of the job is that we often have to work without breaks, most employees in my department are more than willing to work through a lunch break time than to make the patient wait for a procedure or be at work until late in the evening. The most enjoyable part of where I work is the people I get to work with, both the employees and the patients. I greatly enjoy talking with my patients and getting to know them, even if we only see each other for this one procedure. They touch my life with their experiences and I hope to be able to touch theirs in the short time I have to gain their trust, care for them and send them on their way. The employees I get to work with are like family. We know about what goes on in each others lives and we are there for support and laughter during the good and bad times. We are able to find humor in almost anything, and while our focus at work is on caring for our patients we enjoy each others company outside of work.
Pros
employee daycare facility near by, good health insurance coverage.
Cons
short or no breaks and constantly changing administrative personnel
Good benefits and flexible schedule!
Patient Care Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 26, 2014
My day is very busy but the time goes by fast. The hardest part of my job is communication. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the patients go home!!
Pros
it's close to residence.
Cons
usually don't have time to take breaks.
Experienced case managers BEWARE!
RN Case manager (Former Employee) –  Billings MTJanuary 24, 2014
Fellow Case Managers do not apply to work in the case management department. I was there <9 days three qualified people had quite . I was told my resume was " blowing smoke " and trying to run the department. Thirty years in case management I have never been so shocked ! The first week I was told " we are glad to have you ." by leadership. The next week my travel contract was terminated . My telephone interview was over an hour .My extensive experience was discussed. I drove from south Texas, obtained a Montana RN License .let go in 9 days . My first week was observing other team members . They all had stories of unhappiness to tell. Case Management is a closet run department . has no direction for the utilization review process or no focus on a safe discharge plan. I was let go for knowing too much. Good luck.
Cons
no leadership, hr department and medical affairs have no empathy for employee lead by poor leadership
CRCST Lead Instrument Tech (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 28, 2013
start with looking at how many surgeries are going and what has already been done. Assess what the department looks like and where and what each individual is accomplished or is looking at depending on on what shift they are on. Order supplies and implants for any surgical set that needs them if they are missing. Oder supplies for the department when needed. Manage productivity within premiere guidelines. lookmfor ways to streamline processes.
Pros
overtime, helping employees with time management.
Cons
our discount went away in the cafe.
Volunteer at SVH
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 6, 2013
Great entity to meet my internship needs and very flexible with volunteer schedule.