St. Vincent Healthcare

St. Vincent Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a family environment.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Billings, MTMay 13, 2015
I loved working for the hospital because everyday at work was always different. The work was challenging and would use my skills to its full potential. Management was always encouraging the employees to grow and advance within the company. My co-workers were easy to get along with and was always wanting to help if I had too many things to do at once. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle the sadness that happened sometime when a patient would pass away.
Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: patient assistance
Coach and mentor 45 staff in 250 bed acute care hospital with multiple out patient admissions.
Manage schedules, ADT admissions. Working closely with physicians, clinical and revenue cycle to assure appropriate admissions status, research and review appropriate insurance payer. Counsel patient and families in insurance benefits and patient liability. Assist in applications for public benefits or Disability Determinations.

Assisting patient in finding payer sources for services or manage financial assistance applications
An enjoyable place to work with compationate employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Billings, MTMay 1, 2014
Pros: employee daycare facility near by, good health insurance coverage.
Cons: short or no breaks and constantly changing administrative personnel
Where I work we have fun in some way everyday. We laugh with one another, cry with one another, it is a second family. Our department is small and all employees work well together. It is very much a team environment, and that is encouraged by our department management. I have learn something new everyday as it related to patient care, how to relate to patients on their level, clinical education opportunities present themselves daily with doctors that are willing and excited to teach us something new, where questions are encouraged and the care is patient centered. The hardest part of the job is that we often have to work without breaks, most employees in my department are more than willing to work through a lunch break time than to make the patient wait for a procedure or be at work until late in the evening. The most enjoyable part of where I work is the people I get to work with, both the employees and the patients. I greatly enjoy talking with my patients and getting to know them, even if we only see each other for this one procedure. They touch my life with their experiences and I hope to be able to touch theirs in the short time I have to gain their trust, care for them and send them on their way. The employees I get to work with are like family. We know about what goes on in each others lives and we are there for support and laughter during the good and bad times. We are able to find humor in almost anything, and while our focus at work is on caring for our patients we enjoy each others company outside of work.
Good benefits and flexible schedule!
Patient Care Service Representative (Current Employee), Billings, MTMarch 26, 2014
Pros: it's close to residence.
Cons: usually don't have time to take breaks.
My day is very busy but the time goes by fast. The hardest part of my job is communication. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the patients go home!!
Experienced case managers BEWARE!
RN Case manager (Former Employee), Billings MTJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: no leadership, hr department and medical affairs have no empathy for employee lead by poor leadership
Fellow Case Managers do not apply to work in the case management department. I was there <9 days three qualified people had quite . I was told my resume was " blowing smoke " and trying to run the department. Thirty years in case management I have never been so shocked ! The first week I was told " we are glad to have you ." by leadership. The next week my travel contract was terminated . My telephone interview was over an hour .My extensive experience was discussed. I drove from south Texas, obtained a Montana RN License .let go in 9 days . My first week was observing other team members . They all had stories of unhappiness to tell. Case Management is a closet run department . has no direction for the utilization review process or no focus on a safe discharge plan. I was let go for knowing too much. Good luck.
CRCST Lead Instrument Tech (Current Employee), Billings, MTJuly 28, 2013
Pros: overtime, helping employees with time management.
Cons: our discount went away in the cafe.
start with looking at how many surgeries are going and what has already been done. Assess what the department looks like and where and what each individual is accomplished or is looking at depending on on what shift they are on. Order supplies and implants for any surgical set that needs them if they are missing. Oder supplies for the department when needed. Manage productivity within premiere guidelines. lookmfor ways to streamline processes.
Volunteer at SVH
Volunteer (Former Employee), Billings, MTMarch 6, 2013
Great entity to meet my internship needs and very flexible with volunteer schedule.

About St. Vincent Healthcare

The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas founded St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings in 1898. Motivated by its mission to – Read more

St. Vincent Healthcare Salaries