St. Vincent Medical Center

St. Vincent Medical Center Employer Reviews

Hell!!!!!!!!!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job was break and lunch......
Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2013
I was a volunteer so I learned how there is different departments in a hospital. How each department has a different goal b ut the all work hard for the hospital.
I grew with the company
Customer Support/Out Patient Sched/Ins Verif Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: cross training
A typical day was a hectic day. However I enjoyed the fast paced work environment while posting payments, adjustments, and charges. I learned how to Post payments and process refunds as well. The hardest part of the job was Management. We went through a number of Supervisors in a short period of time so things were constantly changing back and forth. – more... The most enjoyable part of my day was usually when I was able to help others in any way possible. – less
Leadership is very weak
Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits; floors are clean, close to the freeways
Cons: staff is not supportive of each other, administration needs additional training, vision not clear, mission not clear.
As an employee of the LA-based St. Vincent Medical Center: They say customer service is #1 but it really isn't. The doctors run that hospital and some of the doctors have racist views and have a serious problem when approached by a non-white person asking them to do something or follow the rules. beware if you are not "White." I know a few friends of – more... mine who are no longer working there because of their stand against those who do not follow the mission and vision of the hospital.

Hospital is money first and patient safety/care last, did I say last, you better believe it. When i was a patient at this hospital, I didn't feel safe either. When i was a patient at White Memorial I felt respected and appropriated.

Administration needs tolerance and cultural training.

Would leave my name, but after seeing a few of my friends loose their jobs it would be a bad move. – less

January 23, 2013

Lets start with the leadership of the hospital, nasty..... they intimidate employees, harrastment is constant and their is no room for growth, you are stuck were u started. Salary the lowest among other Medical Centers in the Metroplex area. Oh yeah, if your not a snitched trust me they will make your life hell..........

gossiping,complaining coworkers.
clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2012
Pros: free parking.
Cons: rude co workers always gossiping, complaining.management had no idea where their associates where half of time.
Rude poor customer service. Back stabbing gossiping co workers.
Great place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: need to hear employee complaints and follow through to make it better.
Loved working here... Great people, patients, inviroment, benefits and excellent perks. However, there is room for improvement in the management area, otherwise it would have been 5 star!
Temporary Position
Administrative Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2012
Temporary position, it was okay working form them, but they did not have any hiring process at that time.
"Good place to work with a caring family atmosphere"
Director of Cardiology (Former Employee), 2131 W.3rd street Los Angeles, CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: caring, patient friendly atmosphere.
Cons: some service lines reduced due to budgetary issues.
Leadership and employees at SVMC promote a family atmosphere.
Since it is a catholic institution priests and nun are readily seen daily.It was not uncommon to hear a prayer or reflection before division or staff meetings.
Like most medical centers leadership and management have been forced to work with less staffing.
One of the best hospital in Los Angeles basin
Patient Health Care Volunteer Service (Current Employee), St. Vincent Medical Center, Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2012
I have been volunteering at St. Vincent Medical Center over a year now. It is a wonderful place for various reasons that I have discovered; friendly people all around and all floors- nurse, doctor, floor worker, volunteer workers that all make it better place for quality patient healthcare. It is a place that I enjoy free food, my working day, natural – more... beauty - full of tree backside of the hospital backyard, calm quite remarkable place that I have discover and it is noticeable place.
I recommend everyone, job seeker, to try a job here if you have job qualification and licensing requirement. I found myself not get a job here because I do not have medical professional licensing. However, I am hoping to get an administrative job, near future, when I would have my MBA Health (in progress 13/36 units completed with www.WGU.edu) and recently I have completed the EHR/EMR HIT pro HITECH training from East Los Angeles College, (www.ELAC.edu) that an opportunity I am waiting for. If any opening that would happen, then I would have an opportunity to apply and possibility to get a full time or part time IT Health support job with St. Vincent Medical Center. If I get a job here, that would be my best rewards from it. If it would happen near future then I would be happiest man on earth - only express I would express about this place.
I am volunteering here is a great place and have a peace of mind that I do not feel boring rather enjoy my time every second while working here because work with friendly people and enjoy foods and make friends are great satisfaction at St. Vincent Medical Center. I wish you all that your working place would have such advantages - like a family atmosphere. My boss (name not mention privacy issue), volunteer coordinator, always eager to help to all volunteers and provide them daily placement upon mutual interaction that makes a great place to work and enjoy time. Thanks for you time to read my opinion. Please feel free to give me a buzz if you would like to. You can reach me at:
mujeb@msn.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mujeb – less

About St. Vincent Medical Center

St. Vincent Medical Center (SVMC), Los Angeles' oldest hospital, is located in the heart of the city. Founded in 1856 by the Daughters – Read more