St. Vincent Medical Center Employee Reviews

friendly and professional
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06606May 21, 2017
Very busy hospital with great professionalism. Unfortunately I could not work more than 1 part time job or I would continue to work there at this time. The management at the time was flexible and caring. What I did like best was the familial atmosphere and mutual respect employees shared with each other.
Very Productive Work Environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2017
I loved every moment of my job working with this company. Management on every level was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this company with the utmost respect.
No comments
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 26, 2017
No comments as I suspect SVMC is similar to other hospitals in the Toledo area. I've learned that we are all part of the hospital staff team to enhance/benefit patient care..
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2017
6-7 patients per nurse, short staffed, poor management and scheduling, a lot of employees do not do their job, tools needed to perform your job isnt always available
DIfficult staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
Very difficult staff. Had a very hard time with the person training me. Very rude and I would not work there again. Constant bullying in the workplace.
High Stress Area of Work -
Coordinator Surgery Posting (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 27, 2017
Maintained Surgery Posting Desk. Posting Surgeries for Doctors Worked as Unit Coordinator in various departments Scheduled out patient and inpatient appointments
St. Vincent
Associate Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2017
St. Vincent is a great company to work for and they stand by there values for their patients. However they are understaffed which makes the work load intense. If they fix their staffing the turn over rate wouldn't be so high.
Variable Shifts
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
My shifts change on schedules so it may be depending on what fits the pharmacy and how it may flow. Also as the supervisors see your strengths when working at an impatient pharmacy. I was trained to do all parts in the hospital as being a pharmacy technician, from delivering medications to compounding them. It all changes every time during the schedule.
Pros
Benefits, Free Lunches
Cons
Low Coverage
Awesome learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I love this job and all the learning benefits of it. great experience. Great team! I immediately felt comfortable with the work duties.
Productive , transitioning, great work environment.
Orthopaedic nurse (Current Employee) –  2800 main st Bridgeport, CT 06610February 3, 2017
This hospital is going through many changes currently, but provides a great base for new nurses. This hospital is a great place to gather a bases of knowledge and has areas to grow.
Not organized.
Radiology Rep./Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2016
New system implemented with minimal success. Created negative situations and did not produce positive results. Created a stressful work environment for all employees.
Pros
Able to wear scrubs or casual dress.
Cons
Short breaks. Enclosed office with no windows. Very small.
Horrible Managment, traning, and team members.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32205November 7, 2016
I worked here for 2 months doing scheduling for radiology. I just put in my week notice, I just couldn't take it anymore. The training sucked, the manager who always seems to be in an uptight mood put me training with someone who has too much work on her plate so i could barley get in 1 hour a day of training to include about 10 minutes of training of me actually doing the job under supervision.
if you have doctors appts, there policy is 3 month notice, I couldn't believe it. So if you have a illness that you have to see a doctor, pray that your work center is understanding enough to let you have that time off and not make you feel guilty about it. The majority of the people here are rude, my training was so poor so I constantly am asking questions to the girls in my cube which over half the time they ignore. i noticed all around the hospital that people talk bad about eachother and are super cliquey like its high school. girls will go past me to say good morning to other people even when I would try everyday to say good morning and make little small talk here and then. The only think I liked about it is having health insurance coverage weeks within working.
Pros
employee lunch specials, health insurance
Cons
traning, managment.
enjoyable in the past, bad experience w/new owner
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2016
I had been very happy and enjoyable everyday under the old ownership (Daughters of Charity). However, the hospital culure changed with bad management and job culture under the new owner's administration (Verity Health). The headquater might not know that any healthcare facility needs spiritual care for patients, family, and hospital staff. It was horrible that the Spiritual Care Department was closed on 03/22/2016 by the new ownership.
Pros
Many things under the old ownership such as free food for chaplains, etc, But, nothing under the new ownership
Cons
Too many things to express here w/new ownership; bad administration, horrible culture work in, firing experts and hiring new people, terrible incidents very often on ER, closing all spiritual facilities such as chapel, spiritual library, spiritual garden, etc.
Fun people to work with
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2016
missed this place...awesome people to work with.. Management is not so helpful..not a enviroment where you can advance. CEO is very indiferential to everyone.
Productive and fun work place
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
Good company to work for. Coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together as a team.
Deliver medical supplies to all designated areas or deparments. A par level supplies needed everyday to fill out for the patients.
Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2016
Conducts physical inventories in all supplies and make sure a accurate count needed.Check all locations if the item is missing or misplaced.Checked all pertinent records and validates all receipts.
Bad politics/the contractor
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2016
Place and company was good but the people who represent (incharge of the contracting company to represent the area )was incompetent
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Director was inexperianced
The DOCH vision and mission were wonderful and meaningful
Patient Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide assistance to our patients, co-workers and management. I was constantly learning everyday. Processing applications for charity assistance was regarding since many of our patients were unable to pay hospital bills. The hardest part of the job was to referred accounts to collection agencies.
Good Culture
HRSA Grant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
Positive work environment and good culture. The employees are always friendly and helpful in most situations and maintained a positive outlook although the hospital/organization was going through acquisition. Team effort within my department necessary for patient satisfaction and success.
All in a day's work
RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
St. Vincent has a very good benefits package for everyone. It laso has a good team to work with and that's what kept me there for 8 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2