St. Vincent Medical Center

St. Vincent Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

The DOCH vision and mission were wonderful and meaningful
Patient Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide assistance to our patients, co-workers and management. I was constantly learning everyday. Processing applications for charity assistance was regarding since many of our patients were unable to pay hospital bills. The hardest part of the job was to referred accounts to collection agencies.
Good Culture
HRSA Grant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
Positive work environment and good culture. The employees are always friendly and helpful in most situations and maintained a positive outlook although the hospital/organization was going through acquisition. Team effort within my department necessary for patient satisfaction and success.
All in a day's work
RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
St. Vincent has a very good benefits package for everyone. It laso has a good team to work with and that's what kept me there for 8 years.
Nice place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  los angelesMarch 28, 2015
Nice place to work. Great co workers, friendly environment and comparative salary. Not enough staff. The hospital was for sale, but has no buyers. There's a real possibility the hospital will file bankruptcy.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough staff
Hospital is in a state of transition
Physician Assistant, Department of Surgery (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2015
St Vincent was a great place to work. It is in the process of being bought and the sale is not going well. It is still uncertain who is going to purchase the the facility. Until this happens, It is difficult to truly rate the new culture of the facility.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
hospital is being purchased
The best place for the right experience.
Surgical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2015
At St. Vincent everybody is friendly. The staff are hard workers and will make all patients feel at home . I worked with some of the best surgeons and have had the best experiences.
Pros
best cafeteria breakfast.
Friendly place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2015
The staff members in the hospital are absolutely the sweetest and most caring personnel. The focus is a better quality of health.
wonderful workplace
Clinic Manager, Orthopaedic Institute (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2015
great place to work if you like hospital environment but very cozy, everyone is friendly and everyone works together. The different department heads ensure that everyone works together, collaboration is very important.
Management was very helpful and respectful coworkers.
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Fast pace job with great sources to grow in the industry of medicare.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short breaks and long hours.
Amazing Organization
Director, Casa de Amigos Community Learning Center (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2014
Working at St. Vincent Medical Center has been a blessing. The culture and support by the Senior Administration shows great care of the employees who work here.
Great Vincentian Values. Allowed me to grow professionally.
Director Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
Most days started with rounding on my staff to check their needs for the day. Usually followed by meetings collaborating with other departments and then end of day desk time to prioritize tasks. I was able to practice daily team building and compromise to achieve a common goal and objective. My co-workers and I respect each other while keeping each other accountable. The hardest part of the job is when the associates have difficulty understanding the big picture. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing colleagues and other associates grow.
Great learning experience. Good teachers. Very patient
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2014
The staff was very friendly. They were very welcoming and patient. The hours were good. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients and knwing you made a difference in their life.
Productive and fun place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2014
Being a front desk clerk was an enjoyable job the day went by fast
good workplace a lot of helpful and learning experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2014
challenging workplace fun and good place to work at with fun and helpful people.
I am experienced in healthcare and as well as office environment.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  2131 W. 3rd Street, Los Angele, CA 99057April 5, 2014
In working with healthcare is challenging and fulfilling.
Good work place
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Good place to get some hospital work experience. No day would be a typical work day. Some days you would have good days others, not so. Patients were sometimes hostile and others would be nice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
high turnover rate
I enjoyed the relationship i had with my admitting supervisor.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2014
The time of employment was cut short due to company hardship, and low census. Most of all i enjoyed the patients and the great relationship with my supervisor (Wendy Sherman-Hill).
Pros
the experience i gained with the facility was very helpful.
Cons
layoffs can be hard on the person being laid off and also the person's family.
I gave only three stars because:
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2013
I was only there briefly and as a requirement to complete my externship. Was not there long enough to work with one individual. However, the time spent there was very enjoyable because everything I did was hands on which happens to be one of my strongest suites. The hardest was when working with certain individuals that see you as a threat. This made it much more harder to enjoy and learn as far as team work is concerned; other than this my typical days at SVMC where well spent.
Pros
experience
Cons
no pay
conveniently located adjacent to Downtown L.A.
Transplant Outreach Coordinator/Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2013
great place to work if you seek a Catholic workplace. There is union representation.
Pros
daily mass
Cons
cliques
It was very productive and awesome.
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2013
As a student you feel small to them but once you push yourself to learn your surgeons preference you start gaining confidence and a good reputation. They give you touch love but in my case its the best way to learn. But they also explain to you why things should be done in certain way or why one must be very attentive and be able to think three steps ahead. I learned a lot from the spine surgeons in which in my opinion was awesome working with them but also that specialty was awesome. The general surgeons made you feel comfortable and taught a lot in which in my case, it encouraged me to go do some research after each case.
Pros
got to work with great surgeons who like to teach you more, so you can gain more knowledge.

4.2