St. Vincent Medical Group Employee Reviews

hardest part of my job
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Greentown, INSeptember 4, 2017
The hardest part of the job was insurance issues and push for production. Most of my days lunch was about 15 minutes while charting and fighting with insurance companies over how to treat my patients
Pros
patients
Cons
work hours and stress
Fun, energetic, fast paced work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 29, 2017
St. Vincent Medical Group is a faith based medical company that offers many career opportunities. The managers are very supportive and eager to help the employees when needed. The doctors and nurse practitioners are willing to help nurses and medical assistance when needed as well. A typical day starts with reviewing the appointment schedule to become prepared for the day. Preparing for the day includes gathering supplies that may be needed, reviewing vaccinations that will be required for any well child checks, gathering information on the patients and going over the schedule with the doctor. Throughout the day, the routine consists of rooming patients, obtain their vitals and medical history, relaying the reason for the office visit to the doctor, assisting with any treatments, and administering various medications/vaccinations. Triage phone calls, communicating verbal orders to pharmacies and home health agencies, and obtaining prior authorizations from insurance companies are some of the many tasks throughout the work day. I have learned about vaccination requirements from the CDC and how to order from the state funded program. I really enjoy the environment in which I work, my co-workers are great at working together to get the tasks at hand completed. I especially enjoy being able to help the patients succeed in healing or improving their health.
Pros
Meeting drug representatives to be educated on various medications and how they work.
productive work place
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2017
I've worked for st.Vincent medical group for three years now. I along with everyone else who is left there has been thru ups and downs and some things get better as to some things get worse.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks other than lunch
good place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 6, 2017
open office
answering phones
scheduling patient appointments
rooming patients for doctors
filling prescriptions
scheduling and precerting patients testing
filing medical records
sending out medical records
Pros
vacations
Cons
work overloads at times
New Management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2016
I truly enjoyed my work in an OB/GYN office. The doctors, staff and patients were wonderful. I decided to leave due to the hours that I was working and the new management that took over the St. Vincent Health Physicians.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
New Management
Productive and Enjoyable.
front office (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at St. Vincent Medical Group. Every day was different. Coworkers were fun to work with. Learned much. Management was very supportive. A very enjoyable experience. Comraderie with everyone was excellent.
Friendly atmosphere
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 2, 2015
St. Vincent Medical Group is a great company. They will work with employees who wish to continue their education. This company is one of the best in healthcare service. They have up to date resources to help employee's complete job tasks that are assigned.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
Cons
Employees will need to start wearing color specific uniforms for their job classifications.
Loved my intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MASeptember 3, 2015
Very Well experience and loved every minute, friendly people and loved what i did, Internship for a few months for school. No pay
emjoyable place to work with friendly atmosphere.
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 3, 2015
the doctors are wonderful to work for. Management is supportive. Health benefits are excellent. Coworkers are friendly
Great providers to work for
Senior Office Assistant, Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2015
This company is a great one to work for if you are looking for longevity and compassion in the workplace. Very professional staff. Great place to work overall.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short/no breaks and/or lunchess
The Doctor's I work for are wonderful
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INApril 10, 2015
I answer the Phones off and on all day.
I Schedule appointments & check patient's in.
I prepare medical records & fax documents for the doctor's
Pros
Free Lunchs!
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and fun place to work.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioApril 10, 2015
Very good place to work for. All the doctors I worked with were very nice. Good benefits, PTO days, a lot of PTO hours (accrued every 2 weeks). Manager was very nice and caring. I do not work there anymore because I moved out of state but if not I will still be there. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to help others, specially with their health. Thank you St.Vincent for the opportunity I was given.
Pros
Very rewarding career, room for advancement
Very professional work environment with room to grow.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 31, 2015
I have great hours and love the people I work with. Management is wonderful and they are flexible and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. Being a front office person can be very stressful at times, but for the most part I enjoy my job.
Pros
Free lunches, great management
Physician Recruiting,
Physician Recruiter, ASPR, INSPR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Good place to work. Emerging organization. Family like atmosphere. Challenges your instincts and demands your best.
Really enjoyed what I did
Patient Acct Representative (Former Employee) –  ALEXANDRIA, INJuly 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working at SVMG. My co-workers were fun to be around and we all worked well together.
Lots of Confusion
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2014
I have been at this current job for 10 years. It is a busy place where we each have our own doctor that we work for. There is never a dull moment or ever do you find a change just to "sit." There are nine doctors in the group and if you arn't busy with yours you are helping with someone else. For eight years I have loved my job, loved my patients and loved being part of this office. With a lot of changes that took place we lost the manager of our practice and at that point we started to crumble. Since then it has just become a overwhelming place to be. There was nothing ever to hard or bad about this job. My co-worker's have been with me through out my whole time here but as of now there are only 4 of us left who have stuck it out. I have learned more then I ever thought possible with this job. Multi tasking, patience and understanding.
Pros
Co-workers and patients
Cons
lack of structure and management
great doctor, bad management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAFebruary 27, 2014
It was a great place to start learning the field, with a great doctor to work for. However, the management was not positive, and always quickly to go with minimal help.
Excellent work environment very fast pace atmosphere.
Manager Nikki Swiney (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 16, 2014
Excellent work environment and friendly staff members.
May advance up the ladder.
Continuing education reimbursement.
Pros
Longer shifts so more days off.
Cons
Very fast pace environment.
working as medical assistant
Endocrinology/Cardiology Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2013
I was busy from time I got there till the time I left. I really enjoyed working there it was just a very long drive. We worked together as a team very well. It was an awesome environment to work with.
fun place to work
secratary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 24, 2013
wish it was closer to my house. great place to work. the clinician's are very kind and profesional
Pros
professional
Cons
to far away