Reporting to the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator will provide support in the administration, coordination, recruitment, and development of volunteers and their respective activities to help carry out the mission and vision of SVdP.
1. Coordinates the organization’s volunteer programs, including volunteers from community service assignments.
2. Recruits, interviews and manages volunteers to commit to short-term and long-term volunteer projects as defined by the organization.
3. Develops partnerships with schools, youth groups, conferences and other referral resources to recruit the best matched volunteers.
4. Working with the Director of Store Operations, establishes quidelines and performance expectations for volunteers to follow.
5. Provides orientation and training for volunteers; tracks volunteer performance; provides ongoing support; and keeps record of volunteer activities.
6. Coordinates and maintains program record keeping, including volunteer hours and reports illustrating progress and success stories.
7. Encourages, supports, and motivates volunteers to ensure the volunteering experience is positive.
8. Works closely with all departments identifying and meeting their volunteer needs.
9. Develops recognition programs to recognize and reward volunteers.
10. Working with the Executive Director, develops marketing calendar and activities.
1. Two years of experience working with volunteers and/or coordinating volunteer programs.
2. Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education or related fields; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication skills; demonstrate leadership abilities to work with all levels of employees.
4. Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
5. Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license for minimal travel.
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to handle confidential information.
7. Non-profit experience.
8. Punctual and dependable attendance, along with freedom from alcohol and drug abuse.
9. Understand the basic philosophy of SVdP and participate fully in carrying out its mission.
10. Completion of criminal background check is required.
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer and standard office equipment. Requires hearing within normal range and vision correctable to 20/20 to read communications, reports and computer terminals.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action. Must be able to communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to analyze causes of interpersonal conflicts and resolve complex communications issues. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions independently. Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate plans; prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.