ST Employee Reviews

Fun, and very rewarding place to work
Voulenteer in Adult Room (Former Employee) –  Westville, NJDecember 30, 2015
I loved being able to care for adults with disabilities. It was where I decided to pursue a career in nursing. The RN that was in my room was always complimenting my actions, and how I cared for the students, and told me I should be a nurse. It was definitely a push in the right direction
Pros
Great people
Cons
I was only a voulenteer
closed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OhioNovember 10, 2015
cashier, stocking and bagging. My very first job. I met a lot of good people in the seven years I was there from 1983 to 1990. I'm still friends with most of them now. The store closed.
workplace with opportunities
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LAJuly 3, 2015
I want a job that can be referred to as successful. I don't mind working weekends, but I feel I shouldn't have to work everyday to make a decent living.
Poorly managed school but students were great
Physics and Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  上海市, C23 St. Mary's /Jinhan School, ShanghaiMay 3, 2015
School is satellite campus of independent school in US, created to prepare students for colleges and universities outside of China. On-site management were all educated in China. Off campus management said "think outside the box". Onsite management had no idea what that meant. Parents, onsite management, and students were not prepared for the change in teaching style and teachers were not prepared for the resistance of students, et al, to change of teaching style.

Some of the teachers were helpful and friendly--others were impatient. Teachers who were new to education had an easier time than I did, because I had taught for more than 15 years and had developed, through attendance at workshops and trial and error, my methods of teaching, which creates a very well-prepared physics student.

All of the students were great, although some were not supportive. They seemed to enjoy the class, and the labs. I was never given lab equipment, or shown where it was kept--so I created labs that needed none. I also used PHET (simulated) labs.
Pros
free lunches, housing allowance, health care, part of salary given in Chinese currency, for living expenses; part put in US account
Cons
Understaffed, management and purpose of school not aligned, lack of support
Kelsey Nelson
PCT / Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaApril 20, 2015
I work on a general surgery floor, I usually have 10-15 patients a night. I work 3 days a week, 12 hours 7p-7a. My managers are very helpful and encourage me to further my education. My co-workers are very helpful we work as a team to get the jobs done. the hardest part of my job is not being about to have enought time with the patients that I have. I enjoy knowing I help patients get well, so they can get back to their everyday life.
Pros
Always on time, team player
Cons
I can never say "no"
Working as a TEAM, Family Oriented, Patients care number one.
OB Tech. (Former Employee) –  Birmingham AlMarch 5, 2015
Team Players, Family Oriented, Patients first. Helping babies come into the world, The Mission Statement of the Hospital.
Pros
Family Oreinted
Cons
Having to stay on snow days.
health sercives for pediatrics
Client Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Great co-workers. Each day is different. Have to multi-task to be able to handle work load. Learned how handle staff payroll and record staff schedules for 30 employees.
Nice Team
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
I also loved this company. It was family oriented and a great place to be. The employees are very helpful if you have a problem. Someone will give you good advice if needed, its up to you to use it. There is nothing bad you can say about this company. St solutions is a force to be with.
Pros
lunch is great
Decent, quiet and friendly
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Midtown ManhattanDecember 10, 2014
An old building kept well in shape, nice enviroment, some problems with elevators which had the original motors built in 1929, some difficulties with the stuff discipline...Overall a civilized place to work
Pros
Union
Cons
Old equipment
St Francis Hospital
Laundry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 22, 2014
That was my first job and stayed with them for 23 yrs They built a new hospital in Shakopee and got outside laundry service.which cost the hospital more money and terrible linens to use for the patients.the linens they used are the kind I would throw away.We were cheaper as a in house laundry then a outside laundry service.I was disappointed in that and when to Mystic Lake Hotel.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no inside laundry
Fast paced work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIOctober 24, 2013
It was a great oppertunity to be there and meet and do different things.
Best place to work, great pay scales.
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2013
Exciting work place, great benefits and pay scale, and encourages opportunities for growth and the opportunities are continuously. Payment for school is provided for qualifying employees. A typical day at work would begin with a group huddle, which allowed us to be on one-accord. I learn many new skills, form social skills, technical skills, and job improvement skills. The management team was very supportive for our internal and external clients. My co-workers and I were great team players, causing us to earn 100% score for customer care. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed. It made the workload 10 times harder or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving our clients, internal and external. My job is a very rewarding. I love and enjoy helping others and working alongside people who enjoy helping others its so much fun.
Pros
Growing emotionally, spiritual, and educationally.
Cons
working 12 hours shifts sometimes more with a 30 min lunch break.
Love to work in a hard working environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 28, 2013
I love working with elderly people. I hope people will treat my parents the way I treat them. I always treat people the way I want to be treated.
I have also learned I do not want to work with people who do not do there job, and expect me to do half of the work they are suppose to be doing. I really loved my job just was tired of doing two peoples job and only getting paid for one.
Pros
a nice and hard working place
Cons
dont want to work where co workers do not do there job
Team players,cooperative and great working enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2013
A day at work was challenging, very busy. Management was there for the workers and the co-workers were glad to lend a hand, The hardest part of the part of the job was dealing with difficult families and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing your patients progress to a healthier life,
benefits
Cons
being on your feet for 12 hour days
Great Learning Experience
Exec Asst to VP Sales/ Production-Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 26, 2013
Great experience in the publication printing business. The job demanded long hours at times and being on call 24 hours per day. Great place to work if you are interested in the industry.

Co workers were great!
hard and serious work
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 1, 2013
Early bird job. Get in around 7 and start working hands on weather it be Demolition, sheet rocking, framing, or just clean up. It all required heavy lifting and attention to detail. Learned a lot at this job that will help me in life in general. However is not something I would like to make a career of.
Pros
physical exercise, learned alot.
Cons
out early, stay late, many negative people on site
It was a good Job...
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJuly 26, 2012
I enjoyed working at Greenfield,s but I had to leave,, for there was to much gossip among employees, treat you unkind, if they dont like you.. my Manager,s were great to me.. always understanding,, I learned to work in a rehab unit , some co-workers I tried to get along with. I never really had any hard times at work,,,
I enjoyed taking care of their rooms, helping them to feel comfortable for there short stay.. making sure there rooms were clean,enjoy socializing with the patients...
Pros
at the time i had great health benefits, and they had other great benefits for the employess, vacation time holiday time bonus time etc
Cons
too much gossip, some workers didnt do there job, passing it on to other, s i feel the cna could have been more caring and considerate
Nice and laid back work setting with helpful co-workers.
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 17, 2012
My typical day would start out with the 4 a.m. morning draws. Then i would come back down to the lab about 5-5:30 and begin entering in test orders into the computer. The lab manager was very nice and polite person, considerate of others and understanding. My co-workers were extremely nice and helpful and everyone got along like a little family.