STA Travel

STA Travel Employer Reviews

I am a dedicated hard working person who works well with others, punctual, detail oriented, dependable, enthusiastic, outgoing and welcoming
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work for me is: Most of the time I get to work about 15 minutes early so I can check the emails, I clear up the voice mail. I make sure I answered all calls and messages. I check all the appointments and make sure a list of all top priorities are done.
I am highly committed to provide a casual and fun working environment with many opportunities – more... for professional development and company growth. As a customer service representative I have dedicated myself to provide a a great customer service experience. Understand customer needs and provide them with appropriate solutions. For example provide them with an excellent service, treat them with respect, kind and being knowledge. I have learned to make strategic relationship with clients to establish loyalty, confidence and trust which resulted in the company to increase sales.
The hardest part of my job was to leave projects unfinished.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I enjoyed working with people, self- motivation, dedication and a work environment in which I can contribute my experience and knowledge and help the company grow. – less
Great place to work. Professional and passionate people
Travel Help and Wholesale Expert (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 1, 2013
Young spirit company. International experience, Great managment.
Relaxed environment
HR Representative (Former Employee), lewisville,txMay 30, 2013
great company to work for.
takes care of employees.
great benefits.
STA Travel is an amazing company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 11, 2013
I have been with STA Travel for 6 years. This company is so vibrant and I have learned skills and trades that will benefit me for years to come. I belonged to a second family while working here. I would encourage anyone to apply for a position with STA Travel, as it will be an experience they would never forget.
STA Travel is an amazing company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 11, 2013
Fun Work Place
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2013
A positive place to work where creativity is encouraged. Senior management care about employees and marketing campaigns are different.
Discount Student Travel Agency
Travel Advisor (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJune 5, 2012
Pros: incentive trips for top sellers
Cons: the store closed
Helped students and teachers book flights, hotels, tours, study aboard trips. Learned how to use Sabre and multiple travel booking engines. The management was very involved and helpful. They encouraged us to sell to meet our goals and earn reward trips. The hardest part of the trip was dealing with cancelled flights or bad weather. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was earning repeat clients and receiving post cards and updates from their journeys...creating memories is awesome! – less
Company changes directions more often than the wind
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), ArizonaMarch 3, 2012
Pros: good opportunity for career growth.
Cons: low wages, demotivated company culture, and very high turnover.
STA Travel is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The upper management is absolutely clueless about which direction this organization needs to go it, therefore they implement significant changes almost weekly. There have been three "presidents" in the last five years, and many VPs have either left or been replaced during that time. Also, – more... the sales staff are never given an opportunity to give feedback on company policies or even the computer systems that are used to sell products and services. The company changes partnerships and relationships with vendors so frequently that it is hard to keep track. Also, the VP of Sales is in way over her head....should have probably stuck to being an operations manager as that is her real talent. There are also significant issues with upper management favoring employees while alienating others....most notably being when the recent president takes male sales staff to a local gentlemens club. Unfortunately, HR just turns and looks the other way when a grievance is raised. – less
7 1/2 years down the drain....
Senior Travel Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2011
Pros: plenty of time of per year to travel, travel discounts
Cons: little or no chance of upward career mobilty, little or no support from management, noncompetive pay
STA provides little or no upward mobility for career development and if you are not in the top 15% top sales group you will get little or no attention in general. They seem to think that only good sellers equate to good leaders when job history of their managers will prove that unfounded. I was with the company for 7 1/2 years and had 5 mangers in that – more... time frame and was even passed up for promotion to that position even though I was the most qualified and then had yet another inexperienced person put into this position who coma equipped with very little leadership skills. As well when reached out to upper management about issued regarding this I was always told to sell more but that otherwise I wasn't good enough. Very little support here unless you are making the company big $$ and very little compensation for it in the end except for a month off each year and the opportunity to travel at a slightly discounted rate. – less
Hard worl no pay
Travel Agent (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 15, 2014
STA Travel is a great place to work for, the people in the office is great. The pay is low, the work is hard and management never really helps
Great workplace but more a lifestyle choice
Travel Expert (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGApril 28, 2014
Pros: talking about something you love, the people
Cons: long hours and poor pay
I loved my time with STA however it does funnel you down a very specific career path. If you're passionate about travel and want to stick within that industry then it's an amazing place to start out.

The training is great, being sent to either Manchester or London for 3 weeks. You'll gain much more detailed product and flight knowledge than at other – more... highstreet companies as so much emphasis is placed on long haul, multi-sector trips.

The downside is mainly the pay. The targets are achievable but you have to know your stuff and put the hours in. The basic is terrible so if you're not hitting your target it can be a struggle however they have good pay increases dependent on hitting certain revenue thresholds in a given period.

You also have to work most weekends which is what I really struggled with.

Overall though an amazing place to start out if you want to make it in travel. – less
Great people, great industry
Change / Release Manager (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: young, vibrant workplace
Cons: dated infrastructure
Varied work across new and legacy technologies.
Excellent knowledge (both technical and industry) from staff.
Challenging role
Reservations Advisor (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: annual travel allowance
Cons: systems problems and keeping track of on going issues.
My time at STA Travel has been challenging yet rewarding. A typical day involves liaising with agents and suppliers from the UK and abroad to resolve booking issues and queries. I learnt communication and people handling skills. My colleagues are an enjoyable bunch and we spend time together outside the office environment. The hardest part of the job – more... is keeping track of on going issues and making sure our team is on the same page. Systems issues is also a problem. The most enjoyable part is spending time with work friends outside the office environment. – less
Great working experience
Junior Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Bloemfontein, FSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: work for free
Cons: long hours
I learn a lot and it was great working with different people a learn a lot to deal with different client and that experience make me a good listener. Hardest part was working with a difficult client you had to make them come and work hard to make a client happy. Most enjoyable moment is a client is happy about the service I give them.