STA Travel

STA Travel Employee Reviews

Great job to apply skills, learn and be creative.
Travel Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2014
This company gave you the independence and knowledge to help people with travel itineraries.
I am a dedicated hard working person who works well with others, punctual, detail oriented, dependable, enthusiastic, outgoing and welcoming
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work for me is: Most of the time I get to work about 15 minutes early so I can check the emails, I clear up the voice mail. I make sure I answered all calls and messages. I check all the appointments and make sure a list of all top priorities are done.
I am highly committed to provide a casual and fun working environment with many opportunities for professional development and company growth. As a customer service representative I have dedicated myself to provide a a great customer service experience. Understand customer needs and provide them with appropriate solutions. For example provide them with an excellent service, treat them with respect, kind and being knowledge. I have learned to make strategic relationship with clients to establish loyalty, confidence and trust which resulted in the company to increase sales.
The hardest part of my job was to leave projects unfinished.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I enjoyed working with people, self- motivation, dedication and a work environment in which I can contribute my experience and knowledge and help the company grow.
Great place to work. Professional and passionate people
Travel Help and Wholesale Expert (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 1, 2013
Young spirit company. International experience, Great managment.
Relaxed environment
HR Representative (Former Employee), lewisville,txMay 30, 2013
great company to work for.
takes care of employees.
great benefits.
STA Travel is an amazing company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 11, 2013
I have been with STA Travel for 6 years. This company is so vibrant and I have learned skills and trades that will benefit me for years to come. I belonged to a second family while working here. I would encourage anyone to apply for a position with STA Travel, as it will be an experience they would never forget.
STA Travel is an amazing company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 11, 2013
Fun Work Place
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2013
A positive place to work where creativity is encouraged. Senior management care about employees and marketing campaigns are different.
Discount Student Travel Agency
Travel Advisor (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJune 5, 2012
Pros: incentive trips for top sellers
Cons: the store closed
Helped students and teachers book flights, hotels, tours, study aboard trips. Learned how to use Sabre and multiple travel booking engines. The management was very involved and helpful. They encouraged us to sell to meet our goals and earn reward trips. The hardest part of the trip was dealing with cancelled flights or bad weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was earning repeat clients and receiving post cards and updates from their journeys...creating memories is awesome!
Company changes directions more often than the wind
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), ArizonaMarch 3, 2012
Pros: good opportunity for career growth.
Cons: low wages, demotivated company culture, and very high turnover.
STA Travel is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The upper management is absolutely clueless about which direction this organization needs to go it, therefore they implement significant changes almost weekly. There have been three "presidents" in the last five years, and many VPs have either left or been replaced during that time. Also, the sales staff are never given an opportunity to give feedback on company policies or even the computer systems that are used to sell products and services. The company changes partnerships and relationships with vendors so frequently that it is hard to keep track. Also, the VP of Sales is in way over her head....should have probably stuck to being an operations manager as that is her real talent. There are also significant issues with upper management favoring employees while alienating others....most notably being when the recent president takes male sales staff to a local gentlemens club. Unfortunately, HR just turns and looks the other way when a grievance is raised.
7 1/2 years down the drain....
Senior Travel Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2011
Pros: plenty of time of per year to travel, travel discounts
Cons: little or no chance of upward career mobilty, little or no support from management, noncompetive pay
STA provides little or no upward mobility for career development and if you are not in the top 15% top sales group you will get little or no attention in general. They seem to think that only good sellers equate to good leaders when job history of their managers will prove that unfounded. I was with the company for 7 1/2 years and had 5 mangers in that time frame and was even passed up for promotion to that position even though I was the most qualified and then had yet another inexperienced person put into this position who coma equipped with very little leadership skills. As well when reached out to upper management about issued regarding this I was always told to sell more but that otherwise I wasn't good enough. Very little support here unless you are making the company big $$ and very little compensation for it in the end except for a month off each year and the opportunity to travel at a slightly discounted rate.