STA Employee Reviews

It's A Bust
School Bus Driver/Monitor (Former Employee) –  Trafford, PAFebruary 7, 2017
The pay was decent and so Was the work/life balance. But no benefits, the split schedule sucked if you lived far away. Little to no room for advancement. Coworkers were rude. Management was conniving.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Split schedules, lack of opportunities, coworkers
Management not so great
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Had Problems with management, Loved driving the kids around hours were not so bad until management decide they need to shorten everything. the other drivers were awesome.
good palace to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 2, 2017
we always had a job the hours for the most part are consistent we have weekends and holidays off I loved the children we have to make our routes keep the children under control and safe
Pros
close to home
Cons
not high enough pay
Fun and great if you have kids
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 22, 2016
Worked here for a year made some friends met a lot of amazing kids. It was a good experience overall. Nice to have the middle of the day to do errands. Its the perfect job if you have young kids because they can go with you.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Part-time only
Bus company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PANovember 13, 2016
STA is a bus company based out of Macungie PA, the provide school bus services all over the lehigh valley.
-Transporting children to and from school,
Split up day which allows for appointments as well as other personal things
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 23, 2016
School bus driving is a great job for anyone. Works well for single parents or parents that can't afford daycare. I have been a driver for 16+ years now. My review of STA as a company is not overly a good one.
Pros
Take your children to work with you. Split shift. Great trips.
Cons
401k no match. Company doesn't have good benefits or healthcare.
I enjoy working with kids
School Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYAugust 11, 2016
I work with kids with Disability, so it was kind of a challenge but enjoyable. I've learned that I had to be very patient. Management was good. Whenever I had a problem with one of the kids not listening they handled it very well. Honestly there wasn't any hard parts working for this company. My most enjoyable part about working with kids is seeing their smiling faces when I come to work, and knowing they miss me if I had to take the day off.
Pros
I got picked up and dropped of at home to and from work
Cons
short breaks in between hours
very responcible work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Higganum, CTAugust 1, 2016
highly stressful environment, employees are responcible, management is understanding and respectful.
Pros
convieniant time
Cons
lay off during summers
Good people, good culture, limited opportunities
Business Architecture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
STA has tremendous leadership who honestly cares about their team. The compensation and benefits are generous. On the whole, co-workers are bright, motivated, and friendly people. Unfortunately, a steady pipeline of work to support the size of organization they would like to be is difficult to fill.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Expect a level of uncertainty in terms of length of employment due to the nature of engagements.
exciting, fun, and easy
Student Transportation of America (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting the bus driver with safety, by securing them in seat belts for their overall safety. I learned how to communicate with children of all ages, with various handicaps. I assist driver in keeping the bus clean on a daily basis. Teamwork was a major part of my job.The hardest part of the job, was a lack of job security. The enjoyable part of my job, was working with many different children you learn something new every day with kids.
Pros
flexible
Cons
To much gossiping
very good
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 27, 2015
nice place to work at, peaceful people, very interesting dealing with kids on the bus, specially the ones with special needs, loved it, excellent experience, very good.
It was ok
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 10, 2015
It was hard for them to work with my hours and when they felt like it was to difficult to try they let me go. I was a good employee for them and showed up early and was requested by a few drivers but they didn't want me there.
Pros
Meet lots of new people
Cons
not working with hours
Nice place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2015
Not enough hours that I was told I will be getting by supervisor.But on the other hand you learn and accept whats given until you find something better
Pros
home early to take care of daily business
Cons
not enough hours
Find your own Project, Don't Expect Help
System Engineering and Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 7, 2015
STA is a SETA company. Staff are expected to do what is necessary to become -- and stay -- billable. The management structure is flat, there is no leadership training or mentorship. Be billable or be gone.

Salaries and benefits are sub-par. However, if you're a retired military/civil servant, they'll work with you. Not a company for people early in their career.
Pros
free coffee/snacks
Cons
poor leadership, no job growth
Worst place I've ever worked
stuff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Horrible company to work for. Expendable and just a slaved number. They actually call the place a rotating door and meat grinder
great place to be
reffer mech/longshoreman (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2013
got to use my skills
work near the water,great co-workers and saw new ways to do my job
Receptionist/Dispatcher
Receptionist/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  65 Route 46 Pinebrook njOctober 17, 2013
Answer incoming calls from parent ,local office ,different schools schedule driver for special trips put together runs for the schools year updating information from students /dispatch drivers to daily runs
Pros
everyday is different a new learning experience
Great Company
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE CONSULTAN/ARCHITECT/ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2012
Opportunity to work with several new clients and contribute to their success. Very rewarding for me to be a part of their project and delivery.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
flex schedule
Repetitive worrk
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2012
My work was repetitive, but I got to work with my friends. This company will hire you to do what needs to be done and when you get it done they will drop you. Don't look for anything long time here.
Really disorganized
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio , TexasOctober 11, 2012
Really bad comunication with all the supervisors. but the work was really good when they had work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8