STA Employee Reviews

decent shop
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 8, 2018
This company is a decent one to work for. They do an incredible job of integrating your training with the work experience. They offer a compensation package for full-time employees that is better than most. When you put the work in, it definitely comes back to you.
Pros
compensation and perks
Cons
paperwork never ends.
flexible schedule
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 31, 2018
The flexibility that I gained is a huge plus for me. My schedule can be lengthy for the week, but I make it work the way that I want. The culture of the office is nice. I have colleagues that have become friends for life. The pay is substantial for my needs and lifestyle.
Pros
travel benefits and perks
good place
Student Transportation of America (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 2, 2018
good place to work in.. I really enjoy going to work daily.. Pay is ok but not the best.. I will recomment STA to anyone that is willing to make a change..
Group printer tech
Data Technician II (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2017
There were these big network printers that i had to service adding paper and toner checking printer log and letting my supervisor know
when paper and toner are low.
Pros
Great company
Cons
A lot of weekends
Friendly
Data Entry, Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
The employees and staff are friendly and you do the same thing over and over. Was able to talk to the operators to see how they were doing. The management was very helpful if you needed anything.
good place
School Bus Technician, Ridge Road Express (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYAugust 24, 2017
good people and place to work but shop needs major updating with floors and lighting. certain personel there are in need of leadership training as well
Productive and fun work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTJuly 5, 2017
This is a productive and fun position where I am able to enhance the school experience for my home to school students, as well as the students I drive to sporting events, for the kids, the families and the coaches.
awsome
Student transportation (Current Employee) –  Sandy, ORJuly 2, 2017
love them, they are refreshing good people .caring .supportive. helping and helpful. Good new foe sandy and surrounding communities helping staff. generous
Pros
nice
Cons
nothing
Working at STA
1) Acting Depot Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New South WalesJune 26, 2017
I enjoy working for STA overall as this gives me a sense of pride in decision making and profitability. A normal working day could be a simple planning and implementation to a day of fault finding and changes to suit daily peak requirements. In my time at STA I have learned the importance of people skills and diagnosis also management and planning. Workplace culture is very diverse as we have staff from all backgrounds and it is very important to know the boundaries. The hardest part of my job would be to stick to the planning in spite of numerous obstacles along the way and then to achieve it all, in the end, is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great work life balance, Good Leave entitlements, Management backup
Cons
Recognition of skilled workers
It's A Bust
School Bus Driver/Monitor (Former Employee) –  Trafford, PAFebruary 7, 2017
The pay was decent and so Was the work/life balance. But no benefits, the split schedule sucked if you lived far away. Little to no room for advancement. Coworkers were rude. Management was conniving.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Split schedules, lack of opportunities, coworkers
Not an employee friendly place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Bethel, PAJanuary 11, 2017
The office I worked out of was very anti employee. The phrase "you are replacable" was used frequently to force your hand to keep the job. I loved the drivers and the kids but management is awful.
Pros
drivers did community service projects, decent equipment, holiday "picnics"
Cons
anti employee, also passing the buck, awful management
Management not so great
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Had Problems with management, Loved driving the kids around hours were not so bad until management decide they need to shorten everything. the other drivers were awesome.
good palace to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 2, 2017
we always had a job the hours for the most part are consistent we have weekends and holidays off I loved the children we have to make our routes keep the children under control and safe
Pros
close to home
Cons
not high enough pay
Fun and great if you have kids
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 22, 2016
Worked here for a year made some friends met a lot of amazing kids. It was a good experience overall. Nice to have the middle of the day to do errands. Its the perfect job if you have young kids because they can go with you.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Part-time only
Bus company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PANovember 13, 2016
STA is a bus company based out of Macungie PA, the provide school bus services all over the lehigh valley.
-Transporting children to and from school,
Split up day which allows for appointments as well as other personal things
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 23, 2016
School bus driving is a great job for anyone. Works well for single parents or parents that can't afford daycare. I have been a driver for 16+ years now. My review of STA as a company is not overly a good one.
Pros
Take your children to work with you. Split shift. Great trips.
Cons
401k no match. Company doesn't have good benefits or healthcare.
I enjoy working with kids
School Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYAugust 11, 2016
I work with kids with Disability, so it was kind of a challenge but enjoyable. I've learned that I had to be very patient. Management was good. Whenever I had a problem with one of the kids not listening they handled it very well. Honestly there wasn't any hard parts working for this company. My most enjoyable part about working with kids is seeing their smiling faces when I come to work, and knowing they miss me if I had to take the day off.
Pros
I got picked up and dropped of at home to and from work
Cons
short breaks in between hours
very responcible work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Higganum, CTAugust 1, 2016
highly stressful environment, employees are responcible, management is understanding and respectful.
Pros
convieniant time
Cons
lay off during summers
Good people, good culture, limited opportunities
Business Architecture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
STA has tremendous leadership who honestly cares about their team. The compensation and benefits are generous. On the whole, co-workers are bright, motivated, and friendly people. Unfortunately, a steady pipeline of work to support the size of organization they would like to be is difficult to fill.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Expect a level of uncertainty in terms of length of employment due to the nature of engagements.
exciting, fun, and easy
Student Transportation of America (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting the bus driver with safety, by securing them in seat belts for their overall safety. I learned how to communicate with children of all ages, with various handicaps. I assist driver in keeping the bus clean on a daily basis. Teamwork was a major part of my job.The hardest part of the job, was a lack of job security. The enjoyable part of my job, was working with many different children you learn something new every day with kids.
Pros
flexible
Cons
To much gossiping