STA Employee Reviews in United States

exciting, fun, and easy
Student Transportation of America (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting the bus driver with safety, by securing them in seat belts for their overall safety. I learned how to communicate with children of all ages, with various handicaps. I assist driver in keeping the bus clean on a daily basis. Teamwork was a major part of my job.The hardest part of the job, was a lack of job security. The enjoyable part of my job, was working with many different children you learn something new every day with kids.
Pros
flexible
Cons
To much gossiping
very good
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 27, 2015
nice place to work at, peaceful people, very interesting dealing with kids on the bus, specially the ones with special needs, loved it, excellent experience, very good.
It was ok
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 10, 2015
It was hard for them to work with my hours and when they felt like it was to difficult to try they let me go. I was a good employee for them and showed up early and was requested by a few drivers but they didn't want me there.
Pros
Meet lots of new people
Cons
not working with hours
Nice place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2015
Not enough hours that I was told I will be getting by supervisor.But on the other hand you learn and accept whats given until you find something better
Pros
home early to take care of daily business
Cons
not enough hours
Find your own Project, Don't Expect Help
System Engineering and Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 7, 2015
STA is a SETA company. Staff are expected to do what is necessary to become -- and stay -- billable. The management structure is flat, there is no leadership training or mentorship. Be billable or be gone.

Salaries and benefits are sub-par. However, if you're a retired military/civil servant, they'll work with you. Not a company for people early in their career.
Pros
free coffee/snacks
Cons
poor leadership, no job growth
Worst place I've ever worked
stuff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Horrible company to work for. Expendable and just a slaved number. They actually call the place a rotating door and meat grinder
great place to be
reffer mech/longshoreman (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2013
got to use my skills
work near the water,great co-workers and saw new ways to do my job
Receptionist/Dispatcher
Receptionist/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  65 Route 46 Pinebrook njOctober 17, 2013
Answer incoming calls from parent ,local office ,different schools schedule driver for special trips put together runs for the schools year updating information from students /dispatch drivers to daily runs
Pros
everyday is different a new learning experience
Great Company
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE CONSULTAN/ARCHITECT/ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2012
Opportunity to work with several new clients and contribute to their success. Very rewarding for me to be a part of their project and delivery.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
flex schedule
Repetitive worrk
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2012
My work was repetitive, but I got to work with my friends. This company will hire you to do what needs to be done and when you get it done they will drop you. Don't look for anything long time here.
Really disorganized
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio , TexasOctober 11, 2012
Really bad comunication with all the supervisors. but the work was really good when they had work
Safe transporting of school age children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 7, 2012
Thoroughly inspects vehichle upon arrival completed daily inspection logs warm bus for a few minutes amd proceeded to pick up children and drop them off to school's in the morning and again in the afternoon.
Pros
4 to 5 hour break between runs each day.
Cons
poor benefits, not enough hours
a typical day
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJApril 16, 2012
Transport students to designated locations. I enjoyed interacting with students and teachers, going to trips with them.
Good Paying with small lacks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2012
the hourly rates are fantastic...but part time work is not something to be happy about. after the students are done for the year (summer break/Christmas break) no work no pay...have to collect unemployment. That is not something that im proud of doing
Pros
great hourly rate, great job security, has benefits
Cons
part time, work does fit the job, of safely transporting children