Staff Masters Employee Reviews

Did have a small cafeteria.
Paint line and some fork lift driving (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCMay 17, 2016
Hard work, Very hot in summer. Very cold in the winter. Worked with good people. Typical day started at 5:30 Am and worked until 3:30 in the afternoon with two 15 minute breaks and 1/2 lunch. Leaned to use a paint sprayer and how to paint aluminum, steel or what every needed to be painted. Did some welding at times. Learned to drive a forklift to move metal about the shop. Management was good, helpful. Co workers were mostly older and enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was leaving for home.
Pros
Employer and employees were good.
Cons
Short lunch, breaks rare.
fast pace and productive
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 5, 2016
I worked through StaffMasters at Hunter Douglas. I was an Inspector the workload was heavy and I stayed busy at all times. I learned how to repair defect shades, confirm orders, and send them back out for shipping. I worked closely with management and my co-workers to insure good quality product. Sometimes but very rare, it would be a challenge finishing a big order, but it was always completed before deadline and that was the good part about. I was working to insure customer satisfaction.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work
Call Center Representative (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 26, 2016
I really did enjoy teaching at Future Young Scholars.
For me the best part of my job was working with children of
all ages and their parents. It was definitely a fun place to work.
Nothing to base a future off
Temp-to-hire (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 25, 2016
There are jobs that will work you half to death up until the hire hour and then will lay you off with no other reason than they need to hire another set of temps that they wont have to pay as employees at employee rates. The temp service should be aware of how damaging this can be for the human lifestyle and or psyche. We dedicate ourselves to the temp service in hopes that they will one day set us up for full time employment, but their goals are not of that nature. Their goal is to keep the hard workers temps to keep business as usual going.
Pros
Insured.
Cons
Not trying to help you find stable employment
clean room
Temp (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 25, 2016
I come in and wash my hands realy good I put my clean suite on and wash my hands again, the management was good, my co workers were friendly
Could use some improvement
Temporary Contractor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 9, 2014
In my current assignment, there is several instances of lapses in communication from the main office to the on-site office. Neither office seems to be able to get concrete feedback from the client in most aspects from details of a position request to feedback at the end of an assignment. There needs to be some improvement with the communication.
Pros
Decent wage offers, schedules and benefits
Cons
Communication and range of opportunities
Consistently engaging workplace
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 26, 2016
As a temporary worker there were constant opportunities to learn new skills such as those I gained with the AS400 system.
A start to be an AW North Carolina worker
Manufacturing  (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 22, 2013
I had to work my butt off to become an AW line worker. Could not miss a day or take a day off or you would have to start your time over or be fired.
Pros
Start to become an AW worker with better pay.
Cons
No benefits, brakes are the same as an AW worker, less pay.
temporary job
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 9, 2013
the most enjoyabe part of this job was going to cifferent comapany and work..
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no benefits
Data Entry Reconciling
Data Entry Reconciling (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 18, 2014
I was always happy with Staff Masters. Staff Masters has been the best temp agency that I have been employed with so far. The employees and management where always outstanding to me. They really work hard to keep people employed if at all possible. This job also gave me experience with some accounting and inventory functions as well as programs.
Pros
They found me a clerical job that I was able to work.
Cons
They job that I did for Staff Masters was only a temp job.

Want to know more about Staff Masters?

Ask a question
Staff Masters is a great staffing agency.
Machine Operator/Production/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 30, 2015
They offer multiple things as an employer. The pay is better than most of the other staffing companies, they are always kind when I go in for appointments. If they tell you they're going to get you a job, they will get you a job.

The job I was put on was production of propane regulators. I never worked the same job every day, I liked that. I was always learning to produce a larger variety of parts in the factory. My co-workers were nice, and pleasant to converse with on breaks. The plant manager, he was always yelling and being rude, making obscene remarks and comments. That made it hard to go through my day with a positive attitude. That was the hardest part of my day.
Pros
Pay, overtime, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, rude employees, etc.
the co-workers helped the day seem to go by faster
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2015
I always looked forward to work while employed with this company. The supervisor made the environment worker friendly
Pros
work envoirment
Cons
job security
ASSEMBLY/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 13, 2014
Working with staff masters was challenging because no matter how hard you worked you were not guaranteed to keep the job considering that it was a temporary agency but it was great. I work well team members to make sure production was done efficiently. What i like the most was being able to complete the job with co workers and we all work well to where there was always a "thumbs up" from management. The only thing i did not really enjoy was job endings and waiting for another opening when just getting started but it was due to finishing the work so quickly so it was not such a bad thing. I enjoyed working here it was a great opportunity to start off with as a teen to gain experience in the production field.
Product fast pace work place
Forklift Operator/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 1, 2015
Fast pace work enviorment where I learned just what it takes to build a transmission. Management was always readily avaliable and the co workers worked together as a team. The hardest part was the the last 6 hours after luch and the easiest part was the first six because you're fresh
Pros
In house cooks during breakfast and lunch
Cons
Short lunch breaks
This company closed
RN Teacher (Registered Nurse Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 28, 2015
This was on an as needed basis. The company recognizes compliments from clients. I did a lot of home care and working in prisons. I was able to get my needs met at work with this company, I wanted more hours. The most enjoyable part of the work was to make clients happy and rendering the highest level of care.
Pros
able to get work.
Cons
not enough work
Great working environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 15, 2012
On a typical day we unloaded at least 30 trucks. I learned proper use of electric and manual pallet jacks. Strict but fair management. The co-workers were great, everyone got along. The hardest part of my job was probably lifting 100+ lbs boxes. The most enjoyable part was being around my co-workers and doing rework.
Pros
great co-workers, 30 minute lunches, great exercise
Cons
not many hours and minimum wage pay
Finds work the relates to performance levels.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Management is efficient in their efforts to finding the ideal job that fit employees capabilities. Easy access to representatives as needed.
Pros
Great team.
Cons
N\A
productive competitive pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Prosperity, SCJune 26, 2015
work day shift 7 days a week i learned alot about manufadturing i like the supervisors i had great coworkers nothn was hard i enjoyed tha organization
Productive environment, but hard labor.
Assembly, Pick, Pack, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 29, 2013
Fast past environment with great management help. Heavy lifting is the most difficult part of the job.
Greatest people.
Temp Employee (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Staff Masters has the nicest people employed in their office and is always there with a kind word. However I have had only one position that lasted only 2 weeks and have called almost everyday, and have not worked since.
Pros
Great people
Cons
no work