Staffing Plus Inc. Employee Reviews

Staffing Plus is a flexible agency open to staff availability, working within the field of behavioral health.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PASeptember 21, 2016
Staffing plus is a company open to individuals who are interested in working in the field of behavioral health. If you are looking to begin your path, then this is a great company to begin your journey working with children and young adults. As an independent contractor you are able to work at the pace of your client without direct supervision, although supervision is mandatory at lease once per week you are not supervised daily.
Pros
Free to work at the pace of your clients.
Cons
Employees don't work directly for the company, but rather as an independent contractor.
Overall enjoyed my job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAAugust 16, 2016
I love kids and working as a PCA I get to work one on one with a student who is not emotionally stable. My job is to prevent him from becoming frustrated or upset and when he does my job is to calm him down. As time went by I slowly got to know him better and his likes and dislikes and what triggers him to go off. I never missed a day at work and was requested to come back to work with him for the school year of 2016-2017.
They are pretty good finding you work.
Personal Care Assistant(PCA) (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 29, 2016
The schools I have been placed in are great schools with great staff and great kids. the job can be very demanding and has its challenges.
produtive , flexible , fun work place
DSP child care worker, phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
very rewarding place to work I love helping people. Room for advancement great co-workers , very flexible with your schedule. my most enjoyable part of my job was to help put a smile on people face
good work environment
Temporary Assistant/ Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 8, 2016
This company is a good place to work. As an intern i was mostly involved with setting up meetings with potential employees.
Staffing plus five tars.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2016
Staffing plus is the best company to work for. Good recruiters,Good staff, good people Always wiling to go an extra mile to see that their staff are taken care of. My recruiter was always there for me. Because of staffing plus, I was able to afford for my children,s graduations from University and high school respectively in 2015.
TSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2016
Assisted emotionally challenged and neglected student navigate the transition into adulthood, regain confidence, control his temper, intermingle appropriate with peers and successfully interact with other male students.
Successfully identified the needs of the student and positioned him to succeed in school, decreasing transgression incidents by 100%.
Its a great place to work. In addition, they have an open door policy.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Staffing Plus is a very professional outfit. It runs like clockwork. Every employee is kept abreast of there status both (the good and the bad) and how one can improve themselves.
Pros
Fridays are dress down day
Cons
n/a
I love working with the staff at Staffing Plus
Behavior Specialist/Lead Clinician (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAJanuary 16, 2016
I am a Independent Consultant. I am highly respected for my work and experience. Agencies personally request me to provide education and training for their Therapist. Teaching them to meet requirements for insurance providers, for learning diagnosis, policy, implementing interventions of the Resiliency Treatment Plans, respecting the client and family,etc. I collaborate with the client, and everyone that comes in contact with my clients; Parent, Teachers, and the Psychiatrist. I monitor clients medication with school Nurse, and hold Inter-Agency Meetings, with documentation. For the Psychologist I provide assessments, develop treatment plans, supervise Therapist, etc.I like the freedom and trust provided to me that still allow me to meet my deadlines. This is a temporary position, however I have turned it into a more permanent job with them for over seven years by developing a positive working relationship. They like me because my paperwork is on time, I'm stable, happy and secure in my work ethics. At this point in time I want to work here in my own state, and stop paying taxes in two states..
Pros
I am one of their highest paid Behavior Specialist.
Cons
My work is in Pennsylvania, and after 16 years, I want to work in NJ
one on one with client
escort to daily destinations (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PADecember 30, 2015
work days are interesting and fun, busy, and challenging. I do not approve of the majority of co-workers, the hardest part of the job is trying to enjoy your break but its to short, the most enjoyable is one on one with student
Pros
work hours
Cons
healthcare, payrate
Working with Staffing Plus
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PADecember 29, 2015
I enjoy working for staffing plus because, I like working with kids, I get to create my own schedule each week which allows me to balance work life and school life. I can choose any part of the Philadelphia to work and also the amount of hours I would like to work. The most difficult part of the job is that there are no benefits or room for growth.
Great Management Structure
account manager (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PANovember 19, 2015
Focus on customer service and providing "Best-In-Class" service to clients and candidates. Toughest part of the job is finding people who comprehend the value that an agency such as Staffing Plus brings to the table.

Great Organization!
Pros
Fun Committee
Cons
Tough Industry
Not good at all. I didn't work with them because they never found me a job
child development and health (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 11, 2015
They just take your money and promise you lots of things. It's been 3 months and no job from them.i kept calling them and they never have a job available after they take your money. Over 100. For nothing. Took my clearances a a month to come in the mail because the imputed my address without my apt number
Flexable hours
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAOctober 23, 2015
Typically we are sent to sites and if they like you then you may frequently be called back to woork with that site. I learned how to win people over and to maintain a professional relationship with all supervisors and employees that I've worked with. The management has undergone many changes since I've been employed but overall its not that bad. The hardest part is traveling to many different sites and not really knowing much about them before you show up. Although I would say that you meet alot of great people at the many places ypu go and you build wonderful work relationships with other staff and the people that we service.
bad management
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PASeptember 30, 2015
poorly managed. an employee should not have to deal with multiple late checks when they come to work on time daily. the training is not really helpful if you have done it before and just an additional means for them to make money.
Growth and Support
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2015
This a great company to grow with! As an Independent Contractor; there is plenty of room to learn about what career paths speak to you the most. My most enjoyable part of it was working alongside of the clients and helping them to achieve their goals of functioning more efficiently in their environments.
Pros
Career Growth and Supportive Recruiters
helped inner city youth kids
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 27, 2015
It was fun for me. I met a lot of kids during my time here at the job. The parents was helpful at times. The school teachers was helpful as well.
Pros
free trips
Cons
less hours
Productive workplace and fast paced
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAAugust 20, 2015
I worked at a local factory through this staffing agency. I learned that numbers mean everything in a factory job and made sure that I met or exceeded the quota for my shift. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with large orders and making sure there was enough materials for the orders.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Office staff was not so friendly
Good starting opportunity, but did not follow through
TSS (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 17, 2015
I had my interview in early November, and finally began working in mid-December. I was essentially promised close to full-time hours, but never received a second case (my first case was 20 hours). When the summer got close, I was promised a case for the summer and school year through a different agency. After 3 weeks, I never heard anything more about it. I called more times than I ever should I to get more hours and find out about other cases, and never heard back. I was told that my recruiter had my name "on a sticky note" and she had me in mind, but that did not lead to results. The internal communication in the company is not good at all.

The agency I also was placed at was very disorganized and I had multiple issues with them and communication.

IC work can be good, but pick a good company! Staffing plus got me started quickly, but never utilized me to my full potential. They helped me get training and my profile together, and I was able to get 6 months of work experience under my belt. However, now I'm moving to a different company.
Pros
get into the field quickly
Cons
no follow through on promises
it's a challenging field
PCA Worker (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAAugust 10, 2015
this job can be challenging it all depend on who you have if you have a child with behavior issues it can be tough but for the most part it's ok
Pros
bonding with the client
Cons
dealing with challenging issues

2.9