Staffmark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,822 reviews matching the search
Worked at Chevron in Richmond through Staffmark.
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 19, 2015
I worked as a Lab Technician on a temp basis. Chevron likes to hire temps, so I figured I would leverage the opportunity to get hired on.

The bottom line is Staffmark offers no benefits to its employees. They stripped holiday pay too because California law now requires employers to contribute sick pay. This took effect in mid 2015. Working at Chevron was awesome. They do treat their contractors quite well despite the temp label. Most employees who are technicians start off as contractors, so they are honest and encourage you to stay positive.

Good luck! Temping is a great way to gain experience and build your resume, but it is not sustainable due to no benefits and below market compensation.
Pros
Easy to get on board at large company, paid once a week
Cons
Lack of communication, good luck talking to anyone at corporate, zero benefits, poor pay
not a positive atmosphere to work in
Order Filler at Revlon (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCNovember 23, 2015
No incentives like periodic raises or morale boosters. does not deal with 'work bullies'. No sick or vacation time. I did get a better understanding of the importance of teamwork and timely and accurate order filling. It would be a better place to work if the employees were better appreciated and given a decent pay.Most people can barely make ends meet.
Pros
free Thanksgiving and Christmas lunches
Cons
short breaks, no downtime such as vacations
Hard Work Decent Pay
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 8, 2016
Hard work with a good team. Unfortunately management reinforces the idea that everyone is replaceable. However, hard work can be rewarded with promotions and raises.
Great for when they need you
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
It provided additional income but it was not a steady revenue, no long term assignments.

I would not recommend you make a career as a temp, or that you stay there for too long. The agency will not look out for you. You must do it for yourself.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits
Very caring and postive place of employment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GADecember 21, 2015
Very energetic place that always put their employees and customer first in solving problems or just was there to listen when did have a personal or job issue.
Pros
Always stuck to their word about timing raises, Had company gathering like familys
Cons
Insurance was high
I am a hard worker that is willing to learn
Picker (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 16, 2016
i carry many skills that i have gained in my experiences that may benefits my over all performance. I have computer skills including ms Word, excel,power-point,access, as well as music and video editing /production., and recording.
High Productive Work Environment
L'Oreal Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2015
The typical day at LoReal that each day we started in a huddle for job assignments and the quotas that need to be met for shipping. I learned a great deal about the receiving/shipment fulfillment while being employed there with Staffmark employees(co workers) were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was that the facility has no air conditioning and no heating and the water machines always was malfunctioning. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was happy to encourage others in great efforts due to the untamable work environment (climate of the heat and cold).
Pros
If, considered to be hired permanant, they have great benefits.
Cons
No Comment
Good work but once you get let go they do you dirty
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 17, 2015
They ended my assignment after working 9 months without telling me why and to top it off they told the unemployment agency that I quit so now I have to fight to get my benefits.. Dirty people.
Cons
Work your butt off for nothing
Staffmark is helpful in trying to help me find jobs.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be to show up and be willing to learn what is required of me. The supervisor was polite and helpful at working with me to find a job. Co-workers were different each job. They were considerate and knowledgeable in assisting me in learning to do the job. The hardest part of the job is having to start a job, leave it, and start another one. However, the variety of jobs changes up so I don't get stuck doing a job I don't care for.
Pros
THEY HAVE JOBS AVAILABLE
Cons
NO BENEFITS, AND LONG TERM JOBS ARE HARD TO GET.
Temp Agency
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Send you out to good jobs. There were no benefits working there. I was guaranteed to work, which was great, but I was looking for something more stable.
Good entry level experience
Administrative Assistant/ISO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 4, 2015
Good place to get entry level experience in whatever industry you work in. Best part of the job is the hours which are 6am to 2pm. The management doesn't micromanage so there's no daily pressure. The only down side is that you have to save up to take vacation because there is no paid time off.
Pros
Good entry level work experience
Cons
Not the best benefits; no vaction time
Good Place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redbank Expressway 45227October 23, 2015
I answer phones and take care of people at the front desk. It's a staffing agency so I filled orders and conducted interviews
Pros
flexibile for my college classes, I got a nice anual raise
Cons
I do way more then I get paid for, I don't get PTO, and they threaten to cut my hours when other people in the company are not doing well.
Work was arduous and fast paced. Environment was, at times, uncomfortable. Fellow employees were pleasant and made the work day more enjoyable.
Steel Worker/Factory Production (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 14, 2015
American Water Heater Company, overall is a well compensating job. Periodically employees were given extended lunch breaks for holiday dinners and employee appreciation. It comes with its daily challenges and stresses. However, it opens up opportunities to become well versed in a constantly changing environment. My job title was Steel Worker. My fellow employees were goal and team oriented. The daily task was to achieve corporate desired production numbers. Overall I enjoyed my time with this workforce. Due to unfortunate circumstances and poor timing, I was unable to receive a permenant position with American Water Heater Company. I gave my full effort, but fulltime positions were not available.
Pros
Compensation was fair. Employee treatment was excellent.
Cons
Lack of fulltime positons.
too much work for little pay.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 2, 2015
Employers expect you give %1000 but don't ever want to actually hire you with the company. they keep you with the staffing agency because that way they don't have to pay you as much or offer benefits.
Pros
it pays
Cons
it pays very little.
Pretty bad experience
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2015
I've worked for temp agencies before and this one was pretty bad. No communication from the office on your status, progress, warnings etc.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
communication, lack of support.
Technical Process Operator Assistance
TPO assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 2, 2015
I worked at Glad Manufacturing for Staffmark. I would come in to work and clean, inspect, and lube machine. I worked in packaging press n seal, fixing minor problems with the machine. I learned how the process worked and got used to the machines. Management was good never had any problems. I enjoyed the co-workers I worked with and never had any problems with the people. the job was never hard I had team to help figure out a problem if I could not figure it out. I enjoyed the most was getting to learn more, rather just coming into work and doing the same thing and not learning nothing. It was just a temporary job that got me hired on full time for Glad Manufacturing. Glad used Temporaries threw out the plant. I had to apply separately to get hired on.
Pros
learning, 12hr shifts
Cons
pay, benifits
Staffmark is a fair employer that gives opportunities when others do not.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 13, 2015
The management and supervisors are easy to work with, fair, and concerned about the well-being of their employees. The work atmosphere is great, and everyone is treated with respect.
Pros
positive atmosphere, adequate breaks, incentives
Cons
uncertainty about having enough work to stay employed, lower salary than similar companies.
friendly
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 20, 2015
other then it being friendly the work was horrible the pay was even worse and there were no benefits, this was not a pleasant job at all.
People helping people is always great! Family environment!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
Staffmark is a Monday-Friday job. I believe all positions are paid fairly. The Hours are great, 8am-4:30pm. The staff is friendly and everyone loves getting work done on time or early which is always a plus. Clean environment. All holidays off. This is talking if your are actually working for Staffmark not going through them for a temporary job.
Pros
Great hours, Great Staff, Good benefits, Fair pay.
Cons
Not being able to help everyone like at most jobs.
money was the problem
RF SCANNER/Forktruck order-puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2015
the money is the only problem with this company they provided paid lunch & two breaks, after 90 days they gave you a one time $ 200 bouns but didn't have raises
Pros
paid lunches & breaks
Cons
money