Staffmark Employee Reviews

Found 2,126 reviews matching the search
I liked the people, but the pay and benefits were low.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed the people at the company and the variety of assignments, but the pay was rather low. I liked it that they kept me fairly busy, but in the long term I need to go back to my original profession, issuing building permits. A typical day would involve loading and unloading trucks, picking and packing, shipping orders at a warehouse. I would also occasionally be assigned an inventory job, but this would be a 1 day even. The management were always friendly and tried to keep me busty, but they did not have a lot of work in my primary field.
Pros
paid every week.
Cons
low pay, few benefits.
they are very helpful
Welder and Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2016
Staffmark has numerous helpful, good, kind and respectful people that assist in seeking employment. Ive never had any problems with the employees at staffmark. I have worked with staffmark since 2014. If it wasn't for the gas and oil industry going down. Im sure they would have so much opportunity in helping me find employment doing what im good at doing, which is welding.
Pros
good people
Cons
good offer for great benefits
Great entry level warehouse work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 17, 2016
The work is hard but you get paid to work out.
Things I learned:
Great communication skills
How to work alone or with others
Time management
Leadership skills
I loved management at this job. He knew how to work with us and always went to bat for us when we had inner job complications.
Pros
Paid to work out. Fun environment. Great on-job training
Cons
Pay and benefits could have been better.
Very fast paced. More work than can ever be done on time.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 26, 2016
Over the years way more responsibility has been added to our jobs as the company has grown but the compensation is definitely lagging behind. Lots of complaining and very little appreciation for all that is successfully completed.
Pros
Always changing, no chance of boredom
Cons
overtime without compensation is expected, lunch at desk answering phones is the norm. but anytime away is docked. All salary positions
Temporary agency
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2016
To find a decent paying job sometimes it help sometimes it don't...I've certain jobs on my own without a temporary job...its helpful to certain point but when the time is up have to move on and keep searching for the job...also StaffMark have very lack of communication skills I go to the agency lady didn't let me speaking on my situation she hung on my...I said Wow would I answered the phone like that I wouldn't have a job this called favoritism...
Pros
Weekly pay
Benefits
Would Not Recommend
Floater (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCNovember 18, 2016
The management was a great from my experience. The other associates were very rude and like to make your job harder than it already is to make you look bad and them selves better.
Pros
Pay Raise after 1 week
Cons
Nasty attitudes
casual Fridays
CSR (Former Employee) –  Drt Ridge KYDecember 30, 2016
a good place to work, room for advancement and pay raises, casual Fridays, Management was very willing to train you in different areas of the company.
Workplace was a relaxed environment
Team Lead/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 16, 2016
My shift was third shift from 10pm-6am. The job showed me that when putting my mind to something then I will outshine my co-workers. I received a raise of 2.50 within the first couple of months. The employment was through a temporary agency so there was no job security.
Pros
Getting paid while waiting on the trucks to arrive
Cons
Having to stay until the job was complete
It's a fast temp service that puts you to work immediately.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Park, KYJanuary 30, 2017
It is basically warehouse work. You work on an assembly line, or by yourself, or in a group, it depends on the company they send you to. I learned how to work as a group most of the time to get things done is a fast but safely manner to meet quotas. If yyou make quotas and gthey tell your a good worker and work well with others they will hire you onto the company and your pay goes up. The management walks around and checks on you to make sure everything is ok and going to plan and to see if your alright and have any questions. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace and standing and walking for 8 to 10 hrs. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's something new and its face and don't drag and people are friendly and it's good money.
Pros
Good money, people are friendly, fast faced doesn't drag along.
Cons
Short breaks, stand and walk for long hours, lift up on heavy product.
Very supportive as an temporary placement agency
Warehouse Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 30, 2016
Always tries to find a good job fit at the best possible pay rate. Company also offers direct deposit of payroll, health insurance and 401K options.

Want to know more about Staffmark?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNAugust 26, 2016
My temp assignment was working at Mannon Specialty Foods. The pay isn't much at all compared to the work you have to do. Management treats you dirty like your a piece of trash, the work environment is aweful, and there are no benefits or potential to be hired full time. Stay away from staffmark and Mannon Foods!!!!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
a temp agency that bounces you around
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Temp agency bounces you from job to job with little warning, and they do not have great compensation. Not a big fan of temp agencies.
Found work easily
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCOctober 23, 2016
A lady there named Nancy is SOO nice and helpful. She found me a job and kept in touch when I needed anything. The work environment was pleasant.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No benefits
Temporary Staffing Service
Warehouse Worker and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
Staffing service supervisors are very people oriented however; Staffmark does not offer no benefits, there are only benefits if the company you are currently working for hires you on their payroll. Overall a good place to work for unless they put you in a warehouse where a lot of prisoners are working.
N/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 20, 2016
Good company to work for but no long term aspiration within the company. Benefits were not up to other companies.
Corey Stephens
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
No real goals.
Very professional staffing agency
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 12, 2016
The account managers at Staffmark work hard to find you the position most suitable to your needs. Many of their clients are top companies in their field and pay is always comparable to regional averages.
Pros
Good pay, good assignments
Cons
Lack of benefits
high turn over
Material Handler/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2016
Low compensation and safety is not regarded. Quick to fire productive workers. It seemed to only have an I need a worker not a human being vibe. Cool break room .
Great Place to work
Human Resources Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2016
This is a great company if you can get hired on permanently. The people are friendly and helpful and co-workers are amazing. Hours are good and the only downside is not having benefits or paid vacation time.
Do not work there
DHL Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2016
I would not recommend anybody to work here. There is little opportunity advance and the job security is awful.
They will work you a lot and never give you a bonus or raise.
Stay away from here!!
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNNovember 1, 2016
You work 72 hours a week 6 days a week inspecting parts, your stuck at a desk all day or night, management is rude, you look at the same parts over and over. Your only allowed to miss 3 days within a year without getting fired. Your constantly tired and sleeping so no time to spend with your family and your day off all you do is sleep! Stay away from this place!!!
Pros
Payday
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staffmark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9