Staffmark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,856 reviews matching the search
Work
Office Clerk/Logistics Operative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 1, 2016
A typical day in the office would be checking an large amount of inventory manually then imputing all the information into a computer system while answering calls from vendors across the US. I learned to always treat your team with respect and don't feed in to gossip, it makes work life a lot easier. Management was alright along with co workers. The hardest part of the job would be working without any real instructions due to late delivery which would cause you to improvise a lot of the times. The most part I enjoyed about the job was the co workers.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No real instructions to start the job at times
Good for a temp agency, but the assignment was awful
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDJune 21, 2016
The receptionist at Staffmark was very helpful and professional, considering that the office was extremely busy. They got me working pretty quickly, at a time where I really needed money. I was assigned at a local factory, which was probably one of the worst places I've ever worked. It was noisy, wet, smelly, never knew what time the shift was going to end, co-workers screaming at and belittling me. Wouldn't have put up with it if I wasn't desperate.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Horrible co-workers and working conditions
its fun and enjoyable
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 14, 2016
a typical day a work is just like another day a work to me and sometimes u learn more and sometimes u might help others and as in management u allways got to keep up with that way u know what to do and knowingly how to do whatever job u are on that way you know that what is going on is done correctly and that could be the hardest part of the day but also could be good too because its doing it all right and that's probably the most enjoyable part of any job
Pros
a free lunch
Cons
two breaks
Fun place to work, sometimes very stressful during pique.
Mail Processor, Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work is daily meeting before starting shift, get to assigned stations, set up work area, scan customer papers to scan mail associated to particular customer and mail. Choose mail classification, scan customers PIDS and place mail on scale for weight and take label from printer and place in appropriate location. Must process at least 500 or more pieces of mail per hour. There is a diverse staff.
very hard and unchallenging work for low pay
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2016
a typical work day is fast pace with little breaks.
Learned to process of washing uniforms in bulk.
Management was nice and understanding.
Co-workers were nice co-operative people.
Unloading trucks for hours on in, in a competitive manner, and if management or co-workers are unsatisfied with work, because you are a temporary work they can just ask if you don't come back. No have to go through the trouble of firing you.
Not very enjoyable job
Pros
paid break, $12.00 hr, weekends off
Cons
constant hard work, heavy lifting, one break
Great experience gained, paid internship status, and good sense of what a human resource department is all about!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2016
I was very grateful for this temporary job position as it was my very first one in a Human Resource Department. This is what I had studied in college, that and legal secretary so it fit into my employment growth needs. I wish it had not been a temporary position, but after helping to staff the new production department of a rather large company, my employment was no longer needed. I finished out my position hired for as the recruiter no longer needed my help. I learned a lot working in this position and again very grateful for my employment. Thank you Staffmark!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 7, 2016
Dependable Janitor with a comprehensive background in cleaning services and grounds maintenance. Exceptional attendance record. Custodian who is equal parts self-starter and team player. Understands the importance of staying on task and meeting deadlines.
Experienced Custodian who is professional, hard-working and welcomes the challenge to learn and develop new skills on the job.
Temp Agency
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
I worked through the staffing agency for several years as a medical assistant to get the experience that I needed in my field. I learned so much because I was in several different departments all in one building. Cancer affects us all whether its personal or someone you know. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient. The most enjoyable part is the fight that your patients have is impeccable.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
temp agency
Work at Wal-mart warehouse in Concord,NC
Crossdock forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Concord,NCApril 28, 2016
I worked for StaffMark at Wal-mart warehouse on a crossdock and I received 1 week training. I thought I would have at least 3 months to make production,because there was over 60 doors to remember. They called me up after 5 1/2 weeks of working and told me that there was no use returning to work that I couldn't make production. Lets be realistic here. If you work someplace and they expect you to make production within 5 1/2 weeks after you just trained, have not had enough time to remember the dock doors; how the heck are you going to make it. I have since decided not to do many temp services,because quite frankly, they do what they want to do.
Pros
Was a good company to work for, just not a good temp service.
Cons
not enough time to make production.
A Good and Fun Workplace
Full Time Worker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 13, 2016
Arriving at a job site and told what is needed of my services and knowing what I need to do to do job successfully. The management is willing to show me what is needed if I am unclear of all the things that I need done. The enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that I did the job successfully and how the management wanted it done. I would have to say the only hard part of all the jobs is standing all the time but that is the job and I bear the pain cause the paycheck is the best part of soar feet.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
soar feet
Too much work with little pay
Order puller (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 8, 2016
I would never choose staffmark again! I constantly have to keep track of my own hours i work as they told me many times I worked less hours than I really worked! They aren't good at returning messages when it comes to them not paying you the correct amount either...better to go in person. They don't pay enough for the work they have you do. Good thing I'm starting a new job paying $3 more doing less and no not giving any notice.
Pros
Cons
Too much work and little pay.
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 28, 2016
It was any typical warehouse job, had to meet productivity, orders had to be filled. The hardest part of the job is they treated you like work horses, management was a joke, never took time to help there employees but real quick to bark orders, an make there employees feel not competent. The supervisors had no training what so ever, nor back round in the position they were holding.
Consistent job with low pay
Provider File Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2016
I worked for a company that had flex schedule and the job was not fully described until you got there. It was a bit misleading since it was only data entry and they claimed it was clerical. I took test that had nothing to do with the position to get the job. The position itself was okay but not a long term kind of situation. The management did not understand the amount of work for the amount of pay did not coorelate.
Pros
consistent work, flex schedule, mostly on time payment
Cons
They don't even bother to remember your name or keep up to date with you.
Temporary job placements
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMarch 17, 2016
Every day at work is different since is a staffing agency you might be working at a different company every day of the week, it has given me experience working on different kinds of trucking companies that do different kinds of work and different methods of delivering and have different products to deliver. I don't really have coworkers because i go to different companies, and the hardest par of my job is the variation on the start times for the different companies. What I enjoy most of my job is having work to do and the opportunity to learn the many ways of the many different companies.
Pros
When in need of time off i can jsu ask for it.
Cons
The schechule of the cmpanies.
Not reliable
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2016
It's a temp service. Not reliable on calling you back or keeping up to date with you. Sometimes they are good at finding you jobs and at other times they can forget you are even employed through them. Trying to check up on places you applied for is hard to do. Some of the places they put you at, you get treated poorly because you are a temp. Other co-workers around you make you feel very uncomfortable and when you tell staffmark employees somehow things get worse because of confrontation. The hardest part of working for them is that they don't give you enough information about the job or place of work the are placing you.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
they keep you waiting, some wages are too low
Temporary Starter Job
Temporary Service Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILFebruary 26, 2016
Staffmark was simply a paper factory. Junk mail, advertisements, and AARP mail was produced here. The job of the packers was to sort out the mail, band it up, and place it in boxes to be shipped out and mailed the recipients by the post office.

Management was rarely around. Instead, most things were directed by assigned shift leaders.

The most difficult part of the job was maintaining interested, as the work was very tedious.

However, the tediousness made it simple and difficult to make any mistakes. The best part of this job is that it was easy.
Fun work place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 9, 2016
Working with my employees made my job so much fun. just because they were my employees, that didn't mean I couldn't build the camaraderie with them and help them enjoy what they do.

I've learned how to Lead by example no matter what it is.

Example: if i saw they weren't wrapping pallets tight enough or aisle needed to be stacked nicely i wouldn't just demand it. In my Dress clothes i would grab the wrap or hop on the forklift and show I'm not above hard work and what I expect of them is what i expect of myself and that I am no greater than the lowest paid GL.

Managment was awesome! they were hard on me but let me make my mistakes and grow from them and encouraged me from a distance to step up and fill the role they hired me for.

The hardest part of my job was terminating employees.

the most enjoyable part was the responsibility on my shoulders combined with freedom to manage my time accordingly.
Fun but bored after a few days
Warehouse Associate (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJune 11, 2016
Good for the current high schooler or recently graduated high schooler. Maybe as a second job. Typical day is show up same time 5 days a week consistant schedule but no consistant time youre going to get out. all depends on their needs. one day its 12 am the next its 9 pm the next its 2 am
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Unfortunately there is a lot of unfair activities that happen like; hiring family and letting mothers and daughters work together or brothers with one in management, in the same department on the same shift. Also, sweeping harassment under the rug, as well as telling employees there is no work and then giving themselves more hours, shorting employees checks, not paying double time when you worked double time
Staff Mark
DSI wear house (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2016
Well work seemed to be okay for awhile but the coworkers did not do their job and my boss was lazy and did not pay me half my pay. i did most of everything with my brother we ran three parts of the warehouse and got our shippments out on time and closed down the three am shift along with starting the day shift so we hadf alot of over time. minus our pay.