Staffmark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,904 reviews matching the search
Temp Agency
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
I worked through the staffing agency for several years as a medical assistant to get the experience that I needed in my field. I learned so much because I was in several different departments all in one building. Cancer affects us all whether its personal or someone you know. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient. The most enjoyable part is the fight that your patients have is impeccable.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
temp agency
Temporary Staffing Service
Warehouse Worker and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
Staffing service supervisors are very people oriented however; Staffmark does not offer no benefits, there are only benefits if the company you are currently working for hires you on their payroll. Overall a good place to work for unless they put you in a warehouse where a lot of prisoners are working.
Work at Wal-mart warehouse in Concord,NC
Crossdock forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Concord,NCApril 28, 2016
I worked for StaffMark at Wal-mart warehouse on a crossdock and I received 1 week training. I thought I would have at least 3 months to make production,because there was over 60 doors to remember. They called me up after 5 1/2 weeks of working and told me that there was no use returning to work that I couldn't make production. Lets be realistic here. If you work someplace and they expect you to make production within 5 1/2 weeks after you just trained, have not had enough time to remember the dock doors; how the heck are you going to make it. I have since decided not to do many temp services,because quite frankly, they do what they want to do.
Pros
Was a good company to work for, just not a good temp service.
Cons
not enough time to make production.
Administrative Assistant, Counseling Center (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 3, 2016
fun environment and people. i had a great time working there. would have stayed if the other job didn't become available. over all a great company to work for.
A Good and Fun Workplace
Full Time Worker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 13, 2016
Arriving at a job site and told what is needed of my services and knowing what I need to do to do job successfully. The management is willing to show me what is needed if I am unclear of all the things that I need done. The enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that I did the job successfully and how the management wanted it done. I would have to say the only hard part of all the jobs is standing all the time but that is the job and I bear the pain cause the paycheck is the best part of soar feet.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
soar feet
Loved my management team
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 27, 2016
Really enjoyed working with my manager. She was a great employer and was a wonderful Mentor. I enjoyed working with. I would typically work Monday thru Friday 1st shift. I did recruiting, interviewing, followups with current employees and orientation.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
inconsistant hours
Too much work with little pay
Order puller (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 8, 2016
I would never choose staffmark again! I constantly have to keep track of my own hours i work as they told me many times I worked less hours than I really worked! They aren't good at returning messages when it comes to them not paying you the correct amount either...better to go in person. They don't pay enough for the work they have you do. Good thing I'm starting a new job paying $3 more doing less and no not giving any notice.
Pros
Cons
Too much work and little pay.
Fun but bored after a few days
Warehouse Associate (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJune 11, 2016
Good for the current high schooler or recently graduated high schooler. Maybe as a second job. Typical day is show up same time 5 days a week consistant schedule but no consistant time youre going to get out. all depends on their needs. one day its 12 am the next its 9 pm the next its 2 am
Enjoyable workplace with excellent training.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 15, 2016
The best thing about this company is that they are very supportive and go the extra mile to train employees. Even though it is a temporary postion. I gained valuable training and experience with this company.
Pros
advancement opportunities. excellent training
Cons
temp job
Good place to work for i feel like they could provide more employment opportunities
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNAugust 15, 2016
Overall good place to apply to if your looking for fast employment. They will let you go if you dont abide by employee rules when sent on assignment. They also could pay a little more.
Pros
Provides work shirts
Cons
No holiday pay
Consistent job with low pay
Provider File Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2016
I worked for a company that had flex schedule and the job was not fully described until you got there. It was a bit misleading since it was only data entry and they claimed it was clerical. I took test that had nothing to do with the position to get the job. The position itself was okay but not a long term kind of situation. The management did not understand the amount of work for the amount of pay did not coorelate.
Pros
consistent work, flex schedule, mostly on time payment
Cons
They don't even bother to remember your name or keep up to date with you.
Fun work place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 9, 2016
Working with my employees made my job so much fun. just because they were my employees, that didn't mean I couldn't build the camaraderie with them and help them enjoy what they do.

I've learned how to Lead by example no matter what it is.

Example: if i saw they weren't wrapping pallets tight enough or aisle needed to be stacked nicely i wouldn't just demand it. In my Dress clothes i would grab the wrap or hop on the forklift and show I'm not above hard work and what I expect of them is what i expect of myself and that I am no greater than the lowest paid GL.

Managment was awesome! they were hard on me but let me make my mistakes and grow from them and encouraged me from a distance to step up and fill the role they hired me for.

The hardest part of my job was terminating employees.

the most enjoyable part was the responsibility on my shoulders combined with freedom to manage my time accordingly.
Very professional staffing agency
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 12, 2016
The account managers at Staffmark work hard to find you the position most suitable to your needs. Many of their clients are top companies in their field and pay is always comparable to regional averages.
Pros
Good pay, good assignments
Cons
Lack of benefits
productive
Labor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 7, 2016
I would have a schedule and then it would get cancelled. I learned how to stay positive, the management never knew what to do, my co-workers were cool and the hardest part of the job was coming to work and being sent home because there was no work for the day. I enjoyed the job because of free food
Pros
free food
Cons
no work
Temporary job placements
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMarch 17, 2016
Every day at work is different since is a staffing agency you might be working at a different company every day of the week, it has given me experience working on different kinds of trucking companies that do different kinds of work and different methods of delivering and have different products to deliver. I don't really have coworkers because i go to different companies, and the hardest par of my job is the variation on the start times for the different companies. What I enjoy most of my job is having work to do and the opportunity to learn the many ways of the many different companies.
Pros
When in need of time off i can jsu ask for it.
Cons
The schechule of the cmpanies.
Revolving Door
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2016
StaffMark was very interested in getting me the job that I needed to ensure that my career was stable up until it was time to be hired by a company that wanted to offer me a permanent position. StaffMark would not release me from my contract without the company buying out a hiked up contract.
positive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2016
I learned how to be a good worker,and to be a team player.Taught me how me how to be a hard worker.I enjoyed going to work everyday.There was nothing hard about doing my job after being properly trained.
Pros
Made enough money to take care of my family
Cons
I hated getting laid off
Ok temp agency that finds you good work but never permanent
Forklift Operator/ Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 21, 2016
I have worked for Staffmark for about 7 years when I needed a second job or looking for one and overall they did keep me busy working different jobs which allowed me to gain my experiences but it was always temporary work. Staffmark was full of empty promises about companies actually hiring. I found my self seeking employment while still working for the Staffmark. Staffmark is ok for new comers and the young crowed seeking experience but for finding a career or the job of your dreams, Staffmark isn't the place.
You will find yourself time to time waiting on a call for Staffmark on a job but they will always call you back rest assure. To end this I will say: As long as you stay dedicated and positive towards your goals, Staffmark will be a good stepping stool in helping you reach those goals.
Pros
gaining experience in a verity of jobs
Cons
no stability
Unique and fun work environment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 5, 2016
A day at work was always something new, and you never knew what to expect. While I was there I learnt more about gauging and measuring. The hardest part about this job is staring into a computer screen for 8 - 12 hours a day.
Pros
Three breaks a day
Cons
Competitive workplace
Staff Mark
DSI wear house (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2016
Well work seemed to be okay for awhile but the coworkers did not do their job and my boss was lazy and did not pay me half my pay. i did most of everything with my brother we ran three parts of the warehouse and got our shippments out on time and closed down the three am shift along with starting the day shift so we hadf alot of over time. minus our pay.

2.9