Staffmark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,873 reviews matching the search
Not reliable
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2016
It's a temp service. Not reliable on calling you back or keeping up to date with you. Sometimes they are good at finding you jobs and at other times they can forget you are even employed through them. Trying to check up on places you applied for is hard to do. Some of the places they put you at, you get treated poorly because you are a temp. Other co-workers around you make you feel very uncomfortable and when you tell staffmark employees somehow things get worse because of confrontation. The hardest part of working for them is that they don't give you enough information about the job or place of work the are placing you.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
they keep you waiting, some wages are too low
the work sucked and the managers played favoritism.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2016
If you ever get the chance to go to Elgin,OK dont try their food the food is sloppily put together and the people there have bad attitudes usually and dont even try to work their unless your willing to try to kiss the ground they walk on. The simple factis that managment is poor you have to work for bad attitudes and be the perfect employee to get anywhere in there. i hated the job there was to much drama invold and they hate anyone with an opinion.
o.k. place to work. did not like because you get only two breaks in an ten hour shift a 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch have to clock out for lunc
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesville, SCMarch 15, 2016
could not go any where for lunch on your 30 minute break one 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch also sometimes have to go to different departments on your off days for overtime
Pros
Cons
two breaks one 15 minute an one 30 minute lunch
it is a great environment to start if you are new in USA
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2015
I worked for few months in INNOMARK. Twelve hours shift and 7 days a week. It was intense, and I learned much about communication items production. my co-workers were great and the supervisor of my department's management made us work harder than ever.
The hardest part was to learn by doing and it was fast, but it was a good training for steadiness.

the most enjoyable part is to see the final product of what you worked on in stores and mall for design.
Pros
possibilities to work more
Cons
not an environment for carreer
its fun and enjoyable
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 14, 2016
a typical day a work is just like another day a work to me and sometimes u learn more and sometimes u might help others and as in management u allways got to keep up with that way u know what to do and knowingly how to do whatever job u are on that way you know that what is going on is done correctly and that could be the hardest part of the day but also could be good too because its doing it all right and that's probably the most enjoyable part of any job
Pros
a free lunch
Cons
two breaks
Fun place to work, sometimes very stressful during pique.
Mail Processor, Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work is daily meeting before starting shift, get to assigned stations, set up work area, scan customer papers to scan mail associated to particular customer and mail. Choose mail classification, scan customers PIDS and place mail on scale for weight and take label from printer and place in appropriate location. Must process at least 500 or more pieces of mail per hour. There is a diverse staff.
A Good and Fun Workplace
Full Time Worker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 13, 2016
Arriving at a job site and told what is needed of my services and knowing what I need to do to do job successfully. The management is willing to show me what is needed if I am unclear of all the things that I need done. The enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that I did the job successfully and how the management wanted it done. I would have to say the only hard part of all the jobs is standing all the time but that is the job and I bear the pain cause the paycheck is the best part of soar feet.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
soar feet
A decent place to work
Staffmark Temp (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDSeptember 10, 2015
This company gives solid benefits and a decent starting pay. The only downside is that it is a temp agency and there is no real guaranty of a job after.
Pros
Decent benefits, good pay
Cons
its a temp agency
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Unfortunately there is a lot of unfair activities that happen like; hiring family and letting mothers and daughters work together or brothers with one in management, in the same department on the same shift. Also, sweeping harassment under the rug, as well as telling employees there is no work and then giving themselves more hours, shorting employees checks, not paying double time when you worked double time
Great Staffing agency.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2015
Excellent staffing agency. Just wish more opportunities would be immediately available at times. Compensation is quite fair, until I saw the charge sheet (on accident) from a contracted assignment and realized that I was being paid more than $8 less on the hour than was being charged...However, they are in business to make $$$, so it was okay.
Worst Job Ever
Packer (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDApril 10, 2016
I was employed through the company to work as a packer. It was literally my first day I did not have a tour. The person that gave me my keycard and new employee items hardly spoke English. As soon as I walk through the door I hear a man say hey I brought her in here when do I get my bonus talking about a temp that was standing beside me. So already I'm uneasy. They literally have to offer someone a bonus to bring their friends to work there. That means the turn over rate is high and people are unhappy. Grrrreat. So I go back to the production room and I'm placed with people who do not speak English not even alittle bit. On the end where I was boxing there was 1 translator. On the end they placed me to take care of the rejects I had no translator at all. There are no clocks on the wall and you can't use your phone to check the time. No one told me to buy a watch. I was told by the woman in charge that if I continued to come from breaks late that I would be written up. I followed the friggen people on my line in there!!! Oh and they gave me a non working key card. I begged for my old job back the next day. Thankfully I got it and have warned people about that place ever since.
Pros
Like a prison
Cons
Like a prison
Hard work little pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 17, 2015
The work was not worth the pay. The work was always changing and there were too many responsibilities put on one person for the compensation we got.
Forklift driver
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 12, 2015
Typical day would be, to be there on time everyday watch my surrounding and safety.
What I learned is how to handle and operate forklift where I always needed to be alert at all times.
Management was really nice I got along with everyone.
My co worker were great they seem that they were happy what they were doing.
The hardest part of my job is the pay not very much advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job coming to a good clean environment.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no overtime
Temp Agency
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
I worked through the staffing agency for several years as a medical assistant to get the experience that I needed in my field. I learned so much because I was in several different departments all in one building. Cancer affects us all whether its personal or someone you know. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient. The most enjoyable part is the fight that your patients have is impeccable.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
temp agency
Will following up on emails.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
Staffmark will respond to any questions you may have whether they have the answer you were looking for. The benefits weren't attractive, and they did not have incentives for employees.
Pros
weekly pay
benefits
Excellent company to work for
Data entry level, time cards, Transfer papers (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHJanuary 22, 2016
I have learned so much with this company from data entry to machine operator. A typical day is different everyday, because something is always different when doing the job. Management does what they can to help you succeed and get the work done also anything that needs for you to be successful. The hardest part of the jobs is the face pace sometimes can be overwhelming.
Pros
everything
Cons
face pace sometimes
Too much work with little pay
Order puller (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 8, 2016
I would never choose staffmark again! I constantly have to keep track of my own hours i work as they told me many times I worked less hours than I really worked! They aren't good at returning messages when it comes to them not paying you the correct amount either...better to go in person. They don't pay enough for the work they have you do. Good thing I'm starting a new job paying $3 more doing less and no not giving any notice.
Pros
Cons
Too much work and little pay.
it was work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2015
I was very excited when they hired me, but then I found out why.I hadnt worked for over 5 yrs and they made sure I understood what a generous opportunity that was on their part. pay is horrible and below minimum wagedue to their company policy. they dont lay you off as much as they give you the " we'll call you when a work comes up".
So they never call back.
Pros
work was continous when hired
Cons
bad wages, no benefits, temp means temp
Onsite Managers
Onsite Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAJune 27, 2016
Onsite manager has very poor attitude. Not professional with her employee's especially if you are from another staffing agency. No patience to train a new hire . HR will not look into situations correctly and be fare on investigating situations. Training was you learn it on your own instead of training new candidates with hands on.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
There just filling order to fill
not a good company
forklift (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 20, 2016
This company will send you to horrible jobs tell you the hours and pay and you'll get there and find out it's a totally different thing (pay &hours) and if you call and question theyll get mad basically either accept it or you loose your job theyre rude also theyll hang up in your face and since they have caller id if you call back they wont answer. This company by far has to be one of the worst staffing agencies ive worked for and they drug test you and to be honest they need to drug test themselves because they seem lost and out of it eyes red and low and put perfume to disguise theyre smell be aware but work at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
all

2.9