Stafford County Public Schools Employee Reviews

productive yet stressful work environment
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 13, 2017
Stafford County Public Schools is a great place to work, very family oriented. However, salaries and benefits are not comparable with the amount of work that is required, nor are they in line with the private sector.
A good place to education you children
Educator/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 17, 2017
Stafford County was a good place to work. I enjoyed my time there and my supervisors was very supportive. I was provided with the resources needed to meet my objective.
Horrible pay
Autism Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 9, 2017
Working as an Autism paraprofessional you make $14,809 a year. You would make more money at McDonalds. The job is very demanding and most of the lead autism teacher's are lazy and make you do most of the work. Some of the students can become violent and the administration does not know how to handle it.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Health insurance doesn't cover much, pay is horrible
Pay is lousy
Substitute Teacher / Autism Room Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 1, 2017
Work environment depends on the particular school. Substitutes make lousy pay for the work we do. Pay as a paraprofessional is even worse. As a paraprofessional you're expected to do way too much for little more than minimum wage. And no additional money is provided for working in situations that put you at physical risks or if you have to provide full-time care (feeding, changing) for special needs students. Substituting for paraprofessionals is even lower than $95/day as that pay is more than what a paraprofessional makes in a day.
Pros
Can be close to home/ no commute
Cons
Pay is terrible
Fast pace and never bored
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 2, 2017
You will always have your day or week prepared ahead of time. You are always busy and learning new things working in the different areas of the kitchen.
Very limited opportunities
Counsel individuals (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 9, 2017
SCPS is a great place to work for 10 month employees. They are paid well from the start and work the least amount of days. 12 month support staff is poorly supported, paid and cared about.
Pros
Great folks to work with
Cons
Head of dic doesn't care about support staff
Awful Compensation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 30, 2017
Very little room for advancement; unfair compensation; work load grows and your salary doesn't. I worked for an amazing boss, but the school board and administration of the Central Office seems like they can't see past their personal status. Not much sense when the majority of the funds go to infrastructure and aesthetic appeasement rather than the employees.
Great place to work with great professionals
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 29, 2017
The pay is not as good as surrounding counties. Lots of great teachers are leaving as a result. Class sizes continue to rise as community continues to grow.
A good environment for teachers and students alike
Gifted Education Facilitator (FOCUS program) (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 11, 2017
I had pull-out classes with gifted students as well as team teaching meetings with each grade level, working on how to deal with differentiation in the classroom to best teach all students. I bettered my organizational skills since I was working with grades K-5. The worst part of the job was the fact that so many of the teachers were forced to teach to the standardized tests (Standards of Learning, or SOL, they were called in Virginia) and I was told that my job was to help my students raise the overall average test grades in the school. This is NOT the purpose of gifted education, although my lessons did have that effect. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students. Watching them make cognitive leaps, helping them to improve when they were used to minimal effort being "good enough;" these things were the best part of teaching.
Pros
Working with like-minded and supportive teachers and principal
Cons
Paperwork abounds. Standardized testing.
Hard Work
Mover (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 20, 2017
Lots of hard work but excellent people and a great way to make money as a high school kid. Working in a school that is being build isn't easy or clean work but it is work that builds character.

Want to know more about Stafford County Public Schools?

Ask a question
Great professionals
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 30, 2017
Very knowledgeable staff and great people. Lovely community and easy place to live and work. The drawback is the pay. The hardest part of the job is the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the wonderful culture of the town.
Food service
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 28, 2017
Starts work around 7:30 am. Prep food ,clean,cook food. Serve students and adults. Day ends at 2. Off for holidays and weekends. Part kitchen employees do get healthcare. Which most part time places don't offer
Pros
Free lunch for you.
Stafford County
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 28, 2017
This is a great place to work, especially with students and teachers alike. There are many opportunities to improve skills such as communication and interpersonal skills.
Great School System
Paraprofessional Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 21, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great Team Work among employees! Family oriented environment. Teachers really care about the students, and parent participation is encouraged in the learning process.
Good Place to Work, However....
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 15, 2017
Stafford County Public Schools is a great place to start a job, however, I found it hard to work here due to lack of administration involvement in substitute teaching. We don't get paid that well and there is no follow up on how we are doing on the job. So there is no place for improvement if there is no review for improvement.
Fun, purposeful career potential
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Working for Stafford County Schools is fun and purposeful. Every single employee is committed to exceeding expectations and making a positive difference.
Pros
Purposeful and fun
Cons
Low pay
not great pay, decent benefits
Driver Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford County, VADecember 27, 2016
The county is growing too fast. The school board and county are unable to keep up with pay for teachers ans school staff due to having to build and build.
Not bad for a summer job.
BRIDGE Program Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 29, 2016
The job consists of teaching basic mathematics skills to middle school aged children. This involves organizing lesson materials, providing examples for the children, and then providing specialized attention as needed. After hours tutoring was available but kids rarely give up summer playtime for math. The job was not particularly difficult for me and I had fun doing it. My coworkers and supervisors were amicable. The children were hilarious.
Pros
Good people, nice kids, straightfoward
Cooperative and Positive Work environment
English 8 teacher (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 24, 2016
Teachers were treated respectfully and encourage to teach using individual skills. Administration was supportive and generally quick to help/discuss any issues I might have had. Teamwork was encouraged and I felt valued as a team member, individual, and as an important member of the staff.
Pros
Class schedule
Cons
Working lunch
Fun place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 20, 2016
I loved working at the schools! It was a great place to work and a warm and welcoming environment. The administration was wonderful. I miss it, but the pay was very poor.