STAFFWORKS Employee Reviews in United States

Very upbeat
Screw Machine/Parts Washer (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYOctober 11, 2015
Staff works places you in jobs that in your search criteria for type of work, pay and benefits. Definitely worth trying.
Temporary Work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwich, New YorkMay 22, 2016
Temporary assignments can be fun for someone not looking for anything steady. Can lead to permanent job placements. Great way to build on your skills while trying to determine what your career you would like to have.
Pros
Helps fill gaps between employment if struggling to find work
Cons
May not have a permenant job location
Job placement
Administrative Assistant/Temp to Hire (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2016
Quick to find me a position, I have learned contract management, and Human Resource Skills. Hardest part of job is that the person before me didn't enter data up to 7 months behind. Working with the team of employees.
Limited job placement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 8, 2016
I worked at one location for a few weeks and then nothing for several months. The location ended up leaving my area shortly after that.
productive
Fin tech (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2016
fast paced environment full time 12 hours was wonderful can eat at assembly line nice employees ALL in all great job loved it
agency work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 10, 2016
is good job different type off work diferent type of companies but hard labbor packeging is one of the main one they require be fast and be able to work up to 8 hours.
Pros
hard labbor
Cons
30 minutes brake
Very unprofessional.
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The staff there are very unprofessional. They hang up the phone in your face when you ask about your money that you earned. Never going back!!! Very unorganized !!! Get a better staff who knows how to handle pressure without cracking.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks no hours unprofessional
working with paperworks/newspaper
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 11, 2015
Every time I go to work, my job is the finisher. Which is the end of the line for the paper to come. I learned how to work with the operator machine when the machine breaks down. I also learned how to run the machine. The hardest part of the job is doing the job by hand when machine breaks down. The most enjoyable part about the job is on my own paste.
Placement: Suburban Propane
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 23, 2012
Placed with Suburban Propane in their Contact Center to assist customers with emergency delivery, service, and account inquiries. Telephone customer service.

Shared values, teamwork, importance of clear communication. Friendly work environment, co-workers always happy to assist.

Seasonal Temporary position which lead to long-term/year-round, still temporary placement. Potential for permanent placement with benefits but would prefer to work in the field of Landscape Design or Enviornmental Construction as a designer or administrative support personnel.
its a temp service
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 23, 2015
i made good money in a very easy way i never used my brain i hated working this way but id do it again at this time just talk to me and see what kind of guy i am
Quality control at SIA suppliers
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lafayette IN Franfort INAugust 15, 2015
The Staffworks people were fine. The TyhssenKrupt folks were not. The TK made changes and did not explain what they were doing They seem to be winging it and making up rules as they went. The jobs once explained and understood were fairly simple. Co-workers for the most part were fine. Again managment moved me around and seemly demoted me for no reason. They would NOT tell me any reason nor were they willing to discuss it.
Pros
they wrok was fairly simple
Cons
Changes in direction from managment team. conflicting infoprmation from same.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Typical busy days consisted of taking orders over phone, email or fax. Assisting customers with questions that they had regarding the products we offered.
Pros
Loved helping people
Cons
Contract job
Terrible work assignments
Company (Former Employee) –  HerkimerJuly 1, 2014
Temp agencies should be used as a last resort, they are essentially cattle-farms exploiting the poor and desperate.
Pros
work
Cons
no benefits. no regulation. few laws to protect employees.
temp service
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2015
Night's at work be very interesting fast. I learn new skills and trainings every night that I'm at work, and I enjoy learning them. The ga floor mangers at kleentest are nice and helpful. I love my coworkers in every department that they have sent me to everyone is a helping hand to one another. The hardest part is staffworks. Such as the moments they call me and ask me if I want to work 3rd shift, and I always say yes and travel across town to get there. I be looking so forward towards working and they sometimes turns me around for the night. That just turns my whole mood around and takes away my hope and motivation at times. I just be looking forward towards working and being apart of the team no matter the branch they send me to, cause I love working, learning and learning new thing.Out of a lot of people that does 3rd shift I never turn them down no matter the case, and never once do I complain no matter how long I stand on my feet. ONCE I love working, learning new things, and helping people. The part I love most is working and staying busy it gives me hope and motivation.
Cons
we have one 30 min break.
Doing alot of work and not getting paid for it
Forklift Driver/Shipper/Trailer loader (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAOctober 1, 2012
I never liked this job for only two real reasons. The tasks asked of us by management were so impossible with the lack of information that was given to us labor workers. Not saying we couldn't make it happen most of the time. But we never knew coming into work everyday if we were going to be sent home or stay for a 12 hour shift. It was an okay job when you really need the money but to stay and make a career out of it would be rediculous. A typical day would be unloading various merchandise with forklift or by hand, sort and record what was recieved then it would checked and shipped out to several diffent stores around the country.
Pros
worked with good people, lived a mile away
Cons
poor management, bad pay
hard work pays off
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2015
having to stand for long periods of time. learned to work as a team good coworkers standing for 12 hours the most enjoyable is going home to my kids
Pros
good work eviroment
Cons
the sound of the machines
Assembly
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Over all the job it's self is excellent. It is a repetitive job the requires standing on your feet for most of the day, where you do the same thing for full time hours but the work is simple. The hours and rate pay are great.
Pros
hours, pay, management.
Cons
distance without vehicle.
Make your own schedule
Material Inspector / Packer (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 7, 2012
get to work sign in, break for 15 mionutes, wait for supervisor to give assignment. Once you get your assignment, get a record sheet start by putting your name, date, material Type and Lot number, start time and start count. Once done with your record sheet put to the side start your machine, I put the material on the machine the Tapper threads the parts, my partner catches the material and make sure that the parts are threaded and throws it in the bend.
Pros
full time
Cons
short breaks and long hours
assistant
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2015
assisting daycare teacher with daily activities. Some of my job duties included meal prep, interacting with the children, and filing and faxing paperwork
Pros
pay rate, working with the kids
Cons
Prroduction and fun place.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 6, 2015
I learned to work in an environment that was all about each individual production, and sometimes switching jobs and loading skids to be moved to back of warehouse.