Stage Stores Employee Reviews

Pay better, live better
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 18, 2017
Pay your employees better, give them better hours. We work harder in an hour than most of the higher ups do in a week. People working 30 hours a week shouldn't be on the verge of homelessness.
Pros
Working experience
Cons
Terrible pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
The company is not proactive. It is extremely reactive under the current executive management. Confusion at corporate level causing field to constantly redo to correct corporate mistakes and poor planning. Field hours constantly reduced causing salaried managers, store managers, to work ridiculous hours in own locations as well as helping in stores struggling. On average 70 hour work week.
Pros
meet great people
A Great Atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLSeptember 10, 2017
I love my job at the store I currently work for. Myself and the other employees are all a great team of people and we mesh together so well. We create a great atmosphere and working environment for one another. A typical day of work could require many things but the utmost importance is always putting our customers first, secondary to that is our separate job requirements and goals. I've how to keep a calm disposition in stressful situations and upholding company policies and programs regardless of customers/employee dispute. I have a great relationship with all members our stores staff and find that I can work happily alongside any of them to accomplish any tasks. The hardest part of my job is juggling several responsibilities at once but I always manage to accomplish most, if not all, of my tasks for the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how my efforts to make our store and customer experiences great for customers leaves an impact on individuals and creating loyal customers.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Shortage of Hours, No Advancement Opportunities
Encouraging and supportive work environment with Stage Stores
CONTRACT TRAINING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Stage is, over all, a great place to work. Best work environment! Low pay in Retail industry. During Hurricane Harvey, permanent employees were paid for scheduled hours. Temporary/contract employees did not count enough to be paid.
Fast paced job that can be stressful. Break room upstairs with refrigerator.
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 24, 2017
It is a pretty face paced job. You are either with customers or putting out freight. It can be really stressful because with the low hours there aren't very many associates there at one to work in such a large store. This causes problems between customer satisfaction and what the associates can physically do for them at one time. Management is different at each location. The hardest part of the job is balancing getting what you are supposed to get done and making time for customers. You feel like you are supposed to be in two places at once. The most enjoyable are the associates that I have worked with, and some have become very good friends.
Nice and clean store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 24, 2017
Retail department store - the management and employees are nice people to work with. The job is easy to do and can be very busy, You work your department and handle customers. At times you could be asked to help out in other departments.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hondo, TXAugust 22, 2017
Great company to work for, great sales, great discounts, enjoyed helping customers , great hours. the hardest part of the job was when a customer came in looking for something they couldnt find and left empty handed. but the most enjoyable part was attending to the customers needs and helping them with what they came in for.
Pros
great hours
Cons
holiday hours
Poor management, bad hours, no life and work balance
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXAugust 20, 2017
They cut hours and give full timers too much of a work load, stressful work environment, and pushing for credit card submissions that no one wants. Low pay, and poor communication between managers, and associates.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Management, credit card submissions, stressful
Great company to work for
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVAugust 15, 2017
Great company to work for, friendly close work environment with other associates. Fast passed work environment. Need to multitask to achieve workload goals and to finish task on timely manner.
Pros
Earn extra money with opening credit apps. Benifits for full time
Cons
Short breaks, standing for whole shift.
Management is really good
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work is really nice , its work ethic place and I learnt alot of things over there and the hardest part of the job is to work in cross departments.
Great Place to Get in Touch with Community
Retail Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSAugust 3, 2017
A day at Stage was never a boring one. Once a customer came through the front doors, they were greeted with a smile. I learned so much about the psychology of a person while working there. Some people are absolute animals, and others don't care about how much they spend.
Company Did not give enough hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAAugust 2, 2017
.Because they did not give me enough hours in a week Hardest part was unloading very heavy freight and moving and lifting very heavy boxes.. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people every day and always feeling Accomplished at the end of every day.
Pros
Meeting New People everyday
Cons
Not enough store Hours Giving to employees
This store was a mess
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJuly 30, 2017
Shipping and recieving all kinds of things in heavy tubs that were overloaded for 2 women to pick up. Store was over stuffed with merchandise that customers could not hardly walk in between the clothes, etc. They gave you a .05 cent raise after a year. Bad pay period.
High Stress Tolerance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 26, 2017
A typical work day would be greeting customers
Working the register dealing with a lot of cash
At first it was very poor management, but they changed the management team. Hardest part of the job was having to get credit cards and magazines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee discount.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor management
horrible place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJuly 23, 2017
Get ready to have no life outside of work and to never be appreciated for what you do. You can make more money working in fast food! Be prepared to work on average about 55 hours a week.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
upper management
A company searching for their identity...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
This company is in transition and they are in search of who or what they want to be. This can be either good or bad depending on how tough and resilient you are.
Pros
casual attire
Cons
lacks direction causing stress in the workplace
Stage is a good store to work for. Nice people and they care for their staff
Sales Associate, Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 9, 2017
Small company based out of Arkansas. Has many different stores all over country. Has a lot of different selections to choose from in clothing apparel. Store associates are friendly and have a good all around caring for the public and their staff members.
Pros
No benefits as most jobs are part time
Cons
Part time work unless you are management.
I loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 6, 2017
I loved working here while I was in school. I had access to discounts and first pick of clothing I loved. I only left this job because I found a new one with more hours.
Nice work atmosphere with plenty things to do and learn.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSJuly 6, 2017
It was a very nice work place . I learned a lot of people skills that I used in the future . I lead several time in opening the most accounts! I also won associate of the quarter a couple of times ! I had a great experience just need more hours. I had a son going to college at this time and I needed more income I'm but I'm great full for the time I spent there.
Pros
Helping the customers
Cons
Not enough hours I worked 5 years and was only working 16-20 hr a week I need more
Corporate Labor Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
Productive and competitive place to work. Very good benefits with chances for career guidance and mobility. On site cafeteria is an added bonus with working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9