Staley Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Biggest piece of garbage company out there
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2016
This company is like watching magicians. You know there's a sleigh of hands but it's happening before your eyes so you aren't sure what just happened.
I was hired with promises of plenty of hours. Instead I was barely making 8-16 hours a week. If you made any sort of plans be prepared to not have a life. On one of these many weeks I had an event scheduled and had to cancel because I was told I was on call. On call 24/7? That's not a life. I'm not a doctor. Wait the money makes up for it. Yes? No! They seriously under cut you by not giving you your true worth. They don't care about how good you are as long as you can get it done. I was thrown under the bus many of times when someone I worked with didn't have the capacity to work at a true working speed. Instead this coworker was a family member of management so his word was taken as gold. And he was given preferential treatment on holidays.
If you plan to work here you must not be able to work anywhere else which means you need money desperately. Good luck to you.
Cons
Nepotism, 24/7 - Oncall
Worked when they needed me. No steady pay.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMay 22, 2016
To get 40 hours of work, you basically had to work 60 hours one week then 20 hours the next week. I hired in as A licensed journeyman electrician, even though I also hold A Masters license. I would still be working for them if it was not for the starting pay they offered me. I had to do A lot of traveling in A company vehicle that was old and in bad shape, the computer they issued me was over 10 years old and would not work so I just used my own laptop. They did not issue me A company phone. I had to download apps on my personal phone and use it for business.
The worst part was getting phone calls late at night from project managers in other states asking me if I was going to be at the next job on time, let me get A few hours sleep. They want licensed electricians who can run A job from start to finish, with no helper. I know apprentice electricians in Dallas that made more money then Staley offered me for this position.
Pros
Your paycheck was deposited on time
Cons
low pay