Stamford Hospital Employee Reviews

gdfsgdfsfdgfds
Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2018
I dont want to fill this out but you are requiring me for some odd reason so now I am just rambling to get to submit. I am just trying to reach the minimum
Best Hospital/Employer I've had in my career
Staff RN and ED Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  StamFebruary 5, 2018
I started at Stamford as a travel nurse and really fell in love with the culture and management. I found career advancement and that my voice was heard. I felt like I made a difference and I mattered.
Pros
Co-workers/Management
Cons
Commute
Pay is good, but it's not worth the experience
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
Worked as a RN here for several years. Management is sub-par. Career advancement is not a priority, and opportunities for advancement are routinely withheld to benefit the needs of the particular unit you were hired for. Pay is becoming comparable to NY, but they are not unionized. I can count on two hands the number of lunch breaks I was able to take in the last 5 years that I worked there. They are barely holding on to Magnet status and the Planetree culture is a joke.
Unit Coordinator in the ED
Emergency Room Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
This position could be very slow or very chaotic. It depended on the day. Loved the fast paced environment and the ever changing days. I learned a lot working in the emergency room.
stressful ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 9, 2018
Provide emergency medical care to an average of 30 critically ill patients per shift within a 20+ bed Emergency Department.
Ensure the provision of quality emergency medical care to patients requiring emergency treatment in accordance with physician orders, hospital policy, and standard nursing practice.
Perform patient assessment and nursing diagnosis.
benefits
Cons
stressful ER
Great experience, but I'd look elsewhere
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2018
The management here is some of the worst Ive ever seen. And I was in the military!
Part of the problem is that management has no checks or balances. Nobody higher up seems to care. How else could you explain losing 80% of your staff to transfers, resignations and terminations and all the while upper management does nothing.
To say that there is favoritism among managers would be a huge understatement. When I was there I saw one tech written up when he came in late 12 times while another was written up only after being late 25 times. And you can be written up for anything. Even being late 1 minute!
The whole time I was there I felt like I was swimming with sharks. So if you are looking for experience, get what you need and get out! If you are looking for a career, don't bother.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
extreme favoritism and politics
Too long ago
Vascular Access Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2017
It was over 20 years since I worked there, it's changed a lot, it would not be fair to review the hospital now. There is a brand new building and new culture that I am not familiar with.
It is a great place to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Stamford Hospital I was there for nearly 10 years and I do not regret any of my years spent there. Unfortunately I had to leave due to personal reasons.
Pros
Great benefits
love it here in the OR
Operating room assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 12, 2017
always a quick paced environment the he operating room with a team paced atmosphere. enjoy seeing the same faces everyday as well for it has created a family type setting
Good place
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 9, 2017
There are many great things about Stamford Hospital, but I feel that the pay is not competitive with NYC. I received a lot of experience there. However, looking back I was overworked. I did enjoy the committees.

Want to know more about Stamford Hospital?

Ask a question
Not worth it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTNovember 29, 2017
I worked for SHMG the doctors take you for granted and get upset when you call out sick. They don’t appreciate all we do for no extra pay. They are always short staffed and can’t find coverage when it’s needed.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks if any. No coverage when needed
employee recognition and bbq
Radiology Tech Aide (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 27, 2017
printing schedules, verifying orders for test, I learned how to read/identify scanned images. learned how to flush and pull port catheters. document procedure performed and outcome of patient. cleaned and prepped procedure room for next testing.
Pros
excellent medical benefits
Cons
short breaks
Love my job
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 27, 2017
I love working here. From an administrative standpoint there are opportunities to pick up hours on different floors. My manager is approachable and fair. The nurses and CAs treat me with respect and help when I have a question. Benefits are the best I’ve ever had. I honestly hope to stay here a long time.
Cons
Breaks go by in a flash
Hospital
Materials Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 26, 2017
Nice place to work put is poorly run, the staff is pretty much nice an dhelpful.The management is oblivious on making this place better.It should be run a lot smoother
Great working place. A lot of help and opportunities to grow.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 14, 2017
Great working place. A lot of help and opportunity to grow. Manager and staff are always ready to help. The working environment is clean and all needed materials are ready for use.
Best place i ever worked!
Systems and Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Summer St. Stamford, CT 06902November 14, 2017
Worked for "SHIP" (Stamford Health Integrated Practices) and this was the one best experiences in my professional career. besides the very good pay, every one was very pleasant and i always felt to be working on a team!
We had a dress code and i felt we were impressing each other every day with our attires.
Would have never left if i wasn't relocating to another state.
Balanced
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 7, 2017
Stamford hospital just opened a brand new building last year, we are all still getting used to it. It's a beautiful building. We do portable work going to patients rooms. Hardest part of the job is seeing the patients who are ill. The best part is meeting all kinds of wonderful people. Management is working on improving themselves.
Pros
Tech week, BBQs, coworkers
Cons
Busy days, lack of shift covering
certified nurses assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford ConnecticutNovember 6, 2017
Stamford hospital is a teaching hospital nothing is hidden from employees you start in one department and because you pay attention and willing to learn you're educated to move on to another department that fits your experience most employees are friendly and welcoming if there is things or department you don't know someone is willing to show you and if that employee don't know they will find the right employee that is able to help when you work for Stamford hospital you feel as if you're in school again every day you learn something new also you get lots of training I would encourage any and every one to apply to work for this hospital also use this hospital as there healthcare institution grant place to work and great place to be when you're sick.
Pros
excellent
Cons
all I will say is come see for yourself you won't regret.
great place to work at
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with. An amazing culture and deduction to customer services. The new hospital is such a great and amazing facility that would give you the impression that you are in a hotel.
Awesome management
Christmas Party
Staff education
Career advancement
Pizza days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.