Stamford Hospital

Stamford Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Hospital
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 17, 2014
Pros: people, pay, nurse to patient ratio
Cons: ....no cafeteria at night
Worked on the telemetry unit with a fantastic group of nurses. Would have extended if I did not have family obligations!
A good place to work with caring employees and managers.
Radiology Transcriptionist / Imaging Librarian (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: professional and caring environment.
Cons: there are no cons.
Stamford Hospital is a good place to work. The staff cares deeply about each patient.
management only took care of themself
Clinical Buyer - Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 8, 2014
organization portrait themselves as always protecting the employers, medical insurance goes up and coverage is less the increase we received would barely cover our cost of living and healthcare.
I learned a lot
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 12, 2014
Pros: thanksgiving and christmas day
Cons: only one break on 8 hours
Everybody's rushing on a typical day of work.
- I learned that everyday you learn something different at work and you have to do your best.
- Regardless what the situation is I can only manage myself and try to control who can let you help you.
- The hardest part of the job is to see unfairness sometimes.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when – more... we work hard, happy, and joke as a team. This was one of my most memorable times. – less
Positive, Friendly, team-oriented place to work
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: planetree incentives
Cons: short breaks, high demanding
There is no typical day here as everyday is something different and challenging that I will face. I have the position as a float throughout the hospital so on a given day I can be pulled to several units to help out if needed.
Good benefit package
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 22, 2014
They sponsor college education; they match retirement contribution; they have pto; etc.
overall good place
food service (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 26, 2014
it was a overall good place to work. the management was good, it is a productive place to work.
Lab Tech/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits, friendly environment
Cons: management has favorites, and absolutley no growth
Stamford Hospital is a wonderful place to work. Job security is stable. Co-workers are easy to get along with and demonstrate team work often. The co-workers are as if its your family at work. Stamford hospital has very good benefits as well. The most enjoyable part is the co-workers are great. The downside of Stamford hospital is the management, they – more... show favoritism towards employees. There is no growth was so ever in the laboratory. They had a med technician program open for people to grow and they would secretly tell certain workers when to apply or just give them opportunities without posting the position. – less
A Fall from Grace
Social Worker (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 6, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits. hospital is growing physically.
Cons: poor morale. chronically short staffed. poor career ladder. poor middle management.
Senior Management needs to take a very long, hard look at Directors in the hospital. In one department in particular, employees are resigning at a frenetic pace...largely due to the immediate leadership of the department. While hospital espouses the Planetree philosophy and has programs encouraging Trust, administration's passionate culture towards – more... employees and the trust employees have towards superiors is non existent. Human Resources seemingly turns a blind eye to the fact that employee retention is poor. Make no mistake, this was once a great place to work.....not this way anymore. – less
Wonderful, kind, inventive institution
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, lots of flexibility, great co-workers and managers
The Stamford Hospital was my first experience as a new nurse. The opportunities that are available to all staff is absolutely amazing. The hospital is well organized and well run. The Organization treats each employee like he or she is an integral part of the institution. Co-workers are kind, caring, compassionate and very supportive both in work and – more... personal situations.
Professional excellence is expected and delivered on a daily basis. The hospital is a Plane-tree hospital which exemplifies the type of care provided to staff, patients and family alike.
I enjoyed working in the institution. – less
Excellent
Volunteer Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 27, 2014
Excellent people to work with. very friendly employees, hard working devoted individuals. customers were extremely loyal to Macy's and very understanding during tough situations.
Great place to work for local candidates
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great salary...room for advancement.
Cons: parking offsite for non clinical staff...1/2 hour lunch...no work from home policy
great management...great pay...job security...lots of opportunity to grow.
N/A
Charge RN, Medical/Hematology Oncology (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Unit clinical coordinator RN on a thirty-one bed medical/hematology oncology unit.
Storage picking material off shelves for distribution
Materials Management Clerk (Relocation) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: staff was fun
Cons: short break
Fast paced 8 hour day. Using stairwell or elevator as means of delivery. Usually short staffed made delivery often times slow. Spending time looking for a product out of date.
Fun place to work. Nice employees
Case Manager Stamford Hospital on Medicine Unit (Former Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 13, 2014
Co-workers are cohesive. Dc planning and Utilization reviewing take time and require a high tolerance level for people of different backgrounds.
Advancements in career opportunities
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: strong nursing department
Cons: salary and benefits
Stamford Hospital is a great organization and I would recommend it to anyone.
productive workplace
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great unity
Cons: healthcare
Coworkers are the best we believe in team playing and the hardest part of my job is leaving my patients.
fun to work
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 11, 2013
enjoy working at stamford hospital my experience working with staff is awesome with a group of staff working together as a team
Great training ground for the CPE Resident Student
CPE STUDENT (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: interaction with colleagues, medical staff, patients and familes made this a rich experience
Cons: travelling for over an hour from new haven to stamford was tiring
The training was tough, 10 students enrolled and only 5 completed. I was fortunate to be among the graduates! It was my first time to work in a Hospital setting, providing pastoral care to patients and families. Very challenging and rewarding experience! It was a nice year of study and practice. It laid the foundation for my current interest and expertise – more... in Chaplaincy. – less
Friendly and professional staff. Clean, neat & orderly environment
internship (Former Employee), Tully Medical CenterSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free food/beverages, friendly atmosphere
Cons: no windows to see outdoors
I was able to train with several other phlebotomist that were professional, personable, kind and extremely helpful. I learned so much more from them than I did in the actual classroom. Having all the hands on experience made me more and more confident and helped me learn my craft as a phlebotomist.