Stamford Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Substitute teaching--zero advancement, zero feedback
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
I worked in this school system for over two years. Pat Cunningham appears to be nice but is not competent in management as their gate keeper. There was zero feedback, as well as not opportunity for advancement. Security often has to be called, and many times does not respond. Real learning is hardly taking place here because their schools are not well run with good teachers not being empowered.
Stamford Public Schools
Substitute Teacher, Newfield School (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Get to work at 7:45 to check in to position and get schedule for day if not in one classroom. Review plans for the day of for the meeting being covered and begin at 8am-2:45. Maintain order in classroom. Handle behavioral issues as necessary. Work with paraprofessional in the classroom if one is assigned. I have learned how to explain the same thing in many ways for children to be able to understand. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of the kids and working closely with them and helping them succeed. I enjoy working with kids and working in the school setting. The most challenging are the children who lose control during the day and make the environment of the classroom more difficult. Finding a way to try to break through to them and get them back on course.
Pros
Getting to work with kids and give them a great school experience
Needy City School District
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2017
The majory of teachers are highly talented that teach very needy students. the students come to school with needs not met at home that prevent them from being ready for learning. Much more is needed in the way of additional teachers and materials to ensure that adequate progress is made by most of the students.
Pros
talented teachers
Cons
needy students
shameful pay
Job seeker (Former Employee) –  N/AFebruary 27, 2017
It is astonishing that an individual tasked with the responsibility of assisting a preschooler who has special needs is paid 19,000 per year. That is very disappointing.
Fun place to work
Instructional Para Educator - SPS (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Peer interaction and dedication to children are a priority. Hours are important to have time for my family. Fun placed to work.
schools
sub security officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 18, 2015
working in the schools doing security the schools are safe for all students and staff . I really enjoy working for the schools it's the only job I had I enjoy going to every day . everyone has respect for security officer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great kids, difficult management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2014
Great kids, difficult management. Very political system. Use your union.
Flexibility, professional, and organized.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 2, 2014
I enjoyed being a substitute teacher because I was able to get exposure working with children from grades k-12 and had the flexibility to choose where I wanted my assignments.
Great environment for learning about the details of the teaching profession.
Long Term Substitute Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2013
District is focused on meeting standards and implementing Common Core objectives.
Top Notch District!
Student Teacher- Business Education (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 12, 2013
Completed my internship and student taught with Stamford Public Schools. Great environment and guidance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7