Stamford Public Schools Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, awesome environments
Special Ed teacher/paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Northeast ElementaryJune 15, 2017
Working for the Stamford Board of Education is a good solid job. Great co-workers, awesome environments. Only problem is the advancement and the salary rate.
Fun place to work
Teachers aide (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 8, 2017
I enjoy working in the classroom helping the teachers and working with a variety of students.i like also helping out in the art room because I am a creative person and feel I can bring out the creativity in all children with my art background.
Pros
The compensation and the happiness I get from working with the kids.
Cons
No cons
A great place to learn and help everyone
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 23, 2017
I learned a great deal from working with the education administrate and the staffs at government center. Everyone here is very friendly.
I had little difficultly in explaining things to people who speak Spanish.
A school struggling...
Teacher, 9th Grade Physical Science (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 4, 2017
SHS has some wonderful teachers and students but it struggles under the weight of large classes, deteriorating physical facility, and serious urban school issues (drugs, pregnancy, violence).

I would not recommend this school for employment...
Pros
Some wonderful faculty and students
Cons
Many many difficult and troubled students, drugs, violence, culture of rudeness between students and many students extremely lewd and disrespectful, even toward teachers.
Very good job
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 21, 2017
Benefits all are good but working as a public servent dealing with the public has it's ups and downs just like any other job, there was a union which was ok at times
Pros
The people
Cons
The old timers
Needy City School District
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2017
The majory of teachers are highly talented that teach very needy students. the students come to school with needs not met at home that prevent them from being ready for learning. Much more is needed in the way of additional teachers and materials to ensure that adequate progress is made by most of the students.
Pros
talented teachers
Cons
needy students
Fun place to work
Instructional Para Educator - SPS (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Peer interaction and dedication to children are a priority. Hours are important to have time for my family. Fun placed to work.
Substitute teaching--zero advancement, zero feedback
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
I worked in this school system for over two years. Pat Cunningham appears to be nice but is not competent in management as their gate keeper. There was zero feedback, as well as not opportunity for advancement. Security often has to be called, and many times does not respond. Real learning is hardly taking place here because their schools are not well run with good teachers not being empowered.
Stamford Public Schools
Substitute Teacher, Newfield School (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Get to work at 7:45 to check in to position and get schedule for day if not in one classroom. Review plans for the day of for the meeting being covered and begin at 8am-2:45. Maintain order in classroom. Handle behavioral issues as necessary. Work with paraprofessional in the classroom if one is assigned. I have learned how to explain the same thing in many ways for children to be able to understand. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of the kids and working closely with them and helping them succeed. I enjoy working with kids and working in the school setting. The most challenging are the children who lose control during the day and make the environment of the classroom more difficult. Finding a way to try to break through to them and get them back on course.
Pros
Getting to work with kids and give them a great school experience
schools
sub security officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 18, 2015
working in the schools doing security the schools are safe for all students and staff . I really enjoy working for the schools it's the only job I had I enjoy going to every day . everyone has respect for security officer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Flexibility, professional, and organized.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 2, 2014
I enjoyed being a substitute teacher because I was able to get exposure working with children from grades k-12 and had the flexibility to choose where I wanted my assignments.
Great kids, difficult management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2014
Great kids, difficult management. Very political system. Use your union.
Great environment for learning about the details of the teaching profession.
Long Term Substitute Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2013
District is focused on meeting standards and implementing Common Core objectives.
Top Notch District!
Student Teacher- Business Education (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 12, 2013
Completed my internship and student taught with Stamford Public Schools. Great environment and guidance.
Exciting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford CTFebruary 26, 2013
Hardest part of the job was not doing the same things for more than one class period