Stamford Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Stamford Public Schools
Substitute Teacher, Newfield School (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Get to work at 7:45 to check in to position and get schedule for day if not in one classroom. Review plans for the day of for the meeting being covered and begin at 8am-2:45. Maintain order in classroom. Handle behavioral issues as necessary. Work with paraprofessional in the classroom if one is assigned. I have learned how to explain the same thing in many ways for children to be able to understand. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of the kids and working closely with them and helping them succeed. I enjoy working with kids and working in the school setting. The most challenging are the children who lose control during the day and make the environment of the classroom more difficult. Finding a way to try to break through to them and get them back on course.
Pros
Getting to work with kids and give them a great school experience
schools
sub security officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 18, 2015
working in the schools doing security the schools are safe for all students and staff . I really enjoy working for the schools it's the only job I had I enjoy going to every day . everyone has respect for security officer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Flexibility, professional, and organized.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 2, 2014
I enjoyed being a substitute teacher because I was able to get exposure working with children from grades k-12 and had the flexibility to choose where I wanted my assignments.
Great kids, difficult management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2014
Great kids, difficult management. Very political system. Use your union.
Top Notch District!
Student Teacher- Business Education (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 12, 2013
Completed my internship and student taught with Stamford Public Schools. Great environment and guidance.
Exciting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stamford CTFebruary 26, 2013
Hardest part of the job was not doing the same things for more than one class period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2