Position: Program Director, Associate Degree in Nursing Program
The Program Director for the Associate Degree in Nursing program is responsible for the administrative leadership of Stanbridge College’s Nursing Program consistent with the mission and educational objectives of the college. The Program Director will lead the program through the initial process of obtaining approval for the Associate Degree in Nursing program from the State of California’s Board of Registered Nursing. The Program Director will plan, manage, and evaluate all aspects of the program, including faculty and staff, curriculum development and implementation, and compliance with the rules and regulations of the BRN. The Program Director will facilitate and coordinate activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, facilities, services and program evaluation. This is a full-time administrative position that carries no teaching responsibilities.
Required Education: A master’s degree in nursing or higher (doctorate preferred) from an accredited college or university, which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
Required Experience: A minimum of 1 academic year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) of experience in an administrative position in a registered nursing education program, i.e. diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or post-licensure RN program.
A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience teaching as an instructor in pre- or post-licensure registered nursing programs, such as associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degree nursing programs; at least 1 year of continuous, full-time experience or equivalent experience in direct patient care as a registered nurse; or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
License: Hold a clear and active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
Certifications: Hold an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate.
- Demonstrate effective administration and operation of the program.
- Provide leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation and evaluation of the program, including curriculum.
- Supervise, orient and evaluate the Assistant Nursing Program Director, instructors, and staff.
- Create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Act as an advocate for the student and for faculty.
- Act as a liaison between the central administrator and other units of the institution.
- Develop and implement the program’s budget.
- Coordinate recruitment, advising and placement of students in the program.
- Facilitate the development of faculty.
- Evaluate faculty performance in the areas of teaching ability, nursing knowledge, and nursing skills in accordance with college policies.
- Recommend qualified candidates for faculty appointment, retention and promotion.
- Act as a liaison with the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) related to the program’s continued compliance with state rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with federal, state, and local constituencies, accrediting bodies, nursing boards, clinical site personnel, students, and alumni.
- Supervise the preparation of all accreditation reports and coordinate all site visits by external regulatory bodies and agencies.
- Initiate, negotiate, and maintain contracts with affiliating agencies.
- Participate cooperatively with other nursing programs and agencies to develop appropriate and equitable access to practice sites.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures in consultation with the faculty, including those that promote safe client care during student clinical experiences.
- Lead the implementation of the strategic plan of Stanbridge College within the nursing program.
- Participate in activities that contribute to the governance of the college.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to support a variety of teaching strategies, including, but not limited to, distance learning and computer-assisted instruction.
- Demonstrate competence in nursing and education through activities such as nursing practice, continuing education programs, academic courses, research projects, and professional writings.
- Advance the profession of nursing by participating in professional organizations, community activities, and other professional scholarship endeavors.
- Possess the ability to multi-task in an environment with constant interruptions and a high volume of interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Stanbridge College
Irvine-based Stanbridge College is a co-educational technical college with an annual enrollment of over 900 students. Founded in 1996, Stanbridge is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC. Stanbridge College offers diplomas and Associate, Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Healthcare and Information Technology.
Stanbridge College has been named to the 2009, 2010 and 2011 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement.
In 2009, 2010 and 2011 Stanbridge College was recognized as one of America’s Best Technical Colleges by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc. The award is given to institutions whose student loan default rate is below the national average for institutions in their class. The award is indicative of great student support, course offerings relevant to economic growth, and career success in the workforce.
Stanbridge College is a 2008-2009 School of Excellence Award Recipient from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Schools are recognized for their efforts in demonstrating a high-level of achievement among their students. In order to be eligible for the award, a school must demonstrate a commitment to the expectations and rigors of ACCSC accreditation as well as a commitment to delivering quality educational programs to students, graduates and employers.