Stanbridge College is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Reading Center Coordinator. This is a full-time position located at the campus, which is adjacent to the John Wayne airport in Irvine, CA.
Applicants are requested to provide a current resume/CV.
The Reading Center Coordinator is responsible for leading the development and operation of a Reading Center on campus, which will assist both on-site and remote learners across the disciplines. The Coordinator will provide innovative ideas, train peer tutors, assist students on an as-needed basis with writing assignments, and teach group workshops to students.
- Master’s in Reading or Education required.
- Three years of experience in an academic reading or writing center.
- Conversant with various reading software programs and resources for adult learners.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to train and manage student tutors.
- Experience teaching study techniques and time management, and teaching to different learning types.
- Dedicated team player and collaborator with qualities of self-direction, vision, creativity, collegiality, and leadership strongly desired.
- Experience working with ESL learners.
1. Assist in the planning and development of the Reading Center.
2. Manage the daily operations of the reading center, including scheduling and drop-in tutoring.
3. Implement learning technologies in the Reading Center, including computer software and online resources.
4. Recruit, train, and support student peer tutors.
5. Develop and teach group workshops.
6. Develop online reading and writing resources for use by on-site and remote students, including tutorial videos and guides.
7. Create a student handbook for the Reading Center that describes the services provided.
8. Personally tutor students on an as-needed basis, both in-person and remotely.
About Stanbridge College
Irvine-based Stanbridge College is a co-educational technical college with an annual enrollment of over 900 students. Founded in 1996, Stanbridge is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC. Stanbridge College offers diplomas and Associate, Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Healthcare and Information Technology.
Stanbridge College has been named to the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement. The Corporation for National and Community Service, which administers the annual Honor Roll award, recognized more than 700 colleges and universities nationwide for their impact on issues from poverty and homelessness to environmental justice. On campuses across the country, thousands of students joined their faculty to develop innovative programs and projects to meet local needs using the skills gained in their classrooms.
In 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Stanbridge College was recognized as one of America’s Best Technical Colleges by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc. The award is given to institutions whose student loan default rate is below the national average for institutions in their class. The award is indicative great student support, course offerings relevant to economic growth, and career success in the workforce.
Stanbridge College is a 2008-2009 School of Excellence Award Recipient from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC). Schools are recognized for their efforts in demonstrating a high-level of achievement among their students. In order to be eligible for the award, a school must demonstrate a commitment to the expectations and rigors of ACCSC accreditation, as well as a commitment to delivering quality educational programs to students, graduates and employers.