Stanbridge College Employee Reviews

good people, bad management
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 13, 2015
The management is primarily interested in catering to the preferences of the CEO. They will ask for pretty designs without any consideration of the intended purposes and with little to no communication to the designer or the rest of their team.
Pros
a good team, relaxed enviornment
Cons
lack of leadership, poor communication
great learning experience for me
VN instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2015
No experience teaching so learned on the job. School has many students that should not be trained as nurses, as evidenced by attitude and cheating on tests/ homework. Lazy patient care. School keeps students because making money. In my opinion, more concerned with making money than training excellent nurses.
Pros
I gained teaching experience
Cons
poor opinion of current new graduates
Great management and students
Senior Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working with the students at Stanbridge college because of their determination and passion for changing their lives. The management provides excellent support for students and professors alike.
Encouraging workplace with wonderful employees
Veterinary Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2015
I am quite happy that Stanbridge college selected me to be a part of their team. The entire staff that has helped me are friendly, encouraging, & always willing to answer any of my questions. As an instructor, I have the freedom to teach in my own way but still have the established structure of the curriculum to guide me. The students are a joy to work with as well, showing great potential & the thirst to learn.
Pros
supportive management staff
Cons
working part-time without health care benefits
Productive, yet competitive learning environment.
LPN Student (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Stanbridge is a great place to gain LVN nursing experience through on the job training through physical onsite and lab attendance.

If you choose to attend, school HAS TO COME FIRST, due to the high demands of the accelerated course, everything else is second if you want to succeed. The use of ATI live training tools make the whole preparation for the NCLEX testing very very life like.

Stanbridge is a young and upcoming school with state pass rates at 100% when I attended in 2009. If you buckle down and do what is expected in addition to taking the initiative in making your clinicals really something to learn from.
Pros
contracts with great facilities during clinicals
Cons
expense is competitive yet still high
Enjoyable Experience
Student Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2014
Experienced and grew a lot in this position.
The staff and students were an eclectic group which made for a great learning experience.
na
MEDIA OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2013
Stanbridge College is a great company to work for. They take good care of their employees.
Productive work day, love my students, and good co-workers
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Irivine, CAOctober 1, 2013
- a typical work day for me is very very busy handling attendance, grades, student issues, heavy email correspondance, special projects.

- i have learned that you keep work and personal separate.

- i have personal opinions about management

- my co-workers are amazing esp my boss, great classy woman and knows exactly how to keep a team together and organzied.

- hardest part about the job is just keeping it all together when your in charge of 909 students.

- the most enjoyable part the job is knowing that you helped several students get thru a bad day, rough times, obstacles with grades/classes, and rewarding part is watching them accomplish their goal as they walk on graduation day.
Pros
students and co-workers
Cons
health benefits expensive, low compensation
Pays well however,
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day at work had lots of responsibilities and timelines. The employess are awesome and dedicated. The problem is the owner hires amazingly qualified people to do their job however, he doesn't trust anyone and needs to have his hand in every aspect of the business making it difficult for the staff to be efficient because everything and I mean everything needs to be approved by him even if you have a Supervisor to report to. Super micro-managed.
Pros
the staff is great
Cons
micro managed to the extremem
My day to day
Career Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2012
No 2 days are the same. Very fast pace multi task work environment with a split/stop interuption at any time. Revolving door in our department with questions, concerns, inquiries, needed assistants and ideas. My team and I are made up of 5 People all from a wide range and varied background. We call ourselves the "Fist" because we work so well together like the 5 fingers of an hand. Before I began working here, I thought I was good at Resume creation. I can honestly say that now: I am excellent! My most enjoyable part of my job is assisting graduates in meeting their Career goals. Exciting, I love it!
Pros
experience, excitement, hands on communication
Cons
not knowing what to expect during the day. i always look forward to the challenge!