Standard & Poor's Employee Reviews

Great company
Main Switchboard Operator & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
They cared about you gave good salaries and great benefits my boss was great I had 2 wks vacation paid and 12 paid sick days Company parties Christmas bonuses
Pros
Eveything
Mediocre Company
Project Manager - PMO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Descent work / life balance however lots of politics and barely any opportunity for growth. Compensation is quite moderate. Colleagues are nice and friendly.
Overall i like most of the people I work with on a daily basis
Business Operations (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 13, 2018
The culture of the company has been changing as it is going through organizational transformation. Management could be more effective and efficient in breaking down silos, and be more aligned across different teams/business units. Improve work-life balance, and offer more career advancement opportunities for employees.
Pros
people are pleasant to work with
Cons
silos across different business units
Fast paced, varied and engaging programs and initiatives
Senior IT Lead / PMO Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Reduced requirements gathering and design phase completion times while managing all IT activities related to Merger and Acquisitions IT integrations; office IT build outs; due diligence surveys, inventories, IT assessment and recommendations for S&P Global business units such as S&P Ratings, Platts, Dow Jones Indices and Market Intelligence.
Pros
Acceptable management oversight and good talent recognition
Cons
Life changing opportunities and wonderful people make up this company
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Although the company has gone through some changes it is still one of the best organizations to work for especially for women. I learned many aspects of Global Operations and Infrastructure from the ground up. Management had an open door policy and the hardest part of the job was having to leave. The most enjoyable part was meeting people of diverse cultures.
Pros
Exceptional work life balance
Cons
Being eroded by outsourcing
OK Place, thought end of experience could be better
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Great people while I was there, bad crop came in at the end.
Good place to learn products.
Got Stock options for bonus
Was given chance to be a leader which is rare in some places.
Pros
Stock Options and
Cons
Need to hire talent that wants to be inclusive
Good Company
Administrator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
A typical day at S&P is always very busy. Many contracts that needed to be summarized and reviewed. Lots of client and sales rep interaction. I learn to deal with many different types of personality and lots of deadlines. The workplace culture is good. However, there is always room for improvement. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the pressure that others are dealing with because of their deadlines. The most enjoyable part was working with all my wonderful coworkers and my awesome managers. I learn alot everyday.
Pros
pay and paid time off
Cons
health benefits
A role that has always something new to learn
CONTRIBUTOR OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PHDecember 28, 2017
S&P Global is a company that always evolves, which it should be. They understand the need to adapt quickly to the fast-pace environment that we are now in.

Compensation is great compared to other companies.

My only minor issue is the company is focused on improving platforms but provides little improvement to current platforms.
Pros
Healthcare, vision, dental benefits
Good
MODEL VALIDATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
It was a great honor to work for S&P global rating, I learned a lot, and I enjoyed working with smart and inteiligent colleagues. S&P Ratings is a place I would recommend
Its very good experience to work with S&P
Informatica Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
Informatica developer with 10 Years of strong experience in Data Warehousing Applications, Extraction, Transformation & Load (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
Great company, Very good work culture, Very nice employees, Great team work, Result oriented appraoch, Great Managers
Training & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
Great company and it has a very good work culture. Employees are very cooperative and believes in doing team work which helps in attaining great results. The work life balance is also very good in this company.
productive
Manager Investment Grade Corporate Bonds (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with the people I worked with on a day to day basis. the hardest part of the job was not being unable to promote and pay the associates who worked in my group fairly. The workplace culture was excellent most preformed and completed their daily tasks in a timely manner.
Positive experience
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2017
I worked for S&P Global Platts on a short-term contract. I was well-paid, and I very much enjoyed the people I directly worked with. If possible, I would have liked to work there full-time.
Fast Paced Environment, Opportunity for career growth, High motivated co-workers
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
Good work/life balance, fast paced work environment, highly skilled co-workers, inspiring management and leadership, competitive salary and benefits, collaborative work culture
Pros
Highly intelligent co-workers, Opportunity to grow skills set, Good leadership and management, Collaborative work culture, healthy work/life balance
Cons
Financial pressure due to mortgage market crash
Productive /Funloving

Good Team player

Learned new technology
Great Place to Work
Senior HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  OtherNovember 20, 2017
It has been a tremendous experience working at S&P Global. The thing I liked the most is the culture which is performance based and working environment which is friendly, full of interaction and learning. Being in HR had been a great learning experience in terms of knowing the internal and external clients, working on policies and procedure, HR Systems, automation, providing global HR Support to over 15000 employees and taking care of benefits.

The leadership was young and energetic. Always promoting high standards at work and easy to interact with.

I have the honor of learning from great people, learning never stops and it should carry on with the new assignments.
Pros
excellent benefits, working environment & culture
Medium
Operation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
Large corporation with well know divisions like Ratings, Index, Market Intelligence. Opportunity, culture, management and processes depend on the division.
Productive Work Environment
Automation Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working at S&P Global, we have a very good team with at best management and work environment. I have got to learn many things at work, S&P is open to new tools and technology which helped me expose my self to various tools.

I never found too stressful in the job, it is all because of the team support and I got a best manager helping me achieve the task in time and backed me in learning.
Pros
Free Fruits everyday, Pizzas for Lunch
Cons
Can't find any
Great co-workers
Ratings Analyst (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 13, 2017
The people are great! Made it easier to go to work everyday. Everyone I worked with and interacted with at the company were super friendly and always willing to help you.
An innovative sales driven place to work
Relationship Management Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
An innovative sales driven place to work, I would definitely recommend friends and family to work at S&P Global. Management encouraged work life balance.