Standard & Poor's

Standard & Poor's Employee Reviews

Standard & Poor's was interesting and exciting. Going to work everyday was a joy.
Execitive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: I did receive breakfast and lunch every day until the company had to enlist cutbacks.
Cons: The company went through necessary changes and reduction of headcount.
Standard & Poor's is part of The McGraw-Hill Companies. S&P publishes credit ratings worldwide, and also publish the S&P 500 Stock Index. I worked in the Global Regulatory Affairs area and interacted with associates internationally. Also worked with peers at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. I performed the usual administrative assistant responsibilities. Because it was an international company, I learned about and had the opportunity to meet people from other cultures. It was a wonderful 17 years. I retired in May 2014, and would now like to enjoy some part time employment. I am open to learning a new field of employment. My skills are up-to-date.
High-end work environment, that has served my career well
Project Manager (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 3, 2015
Pros: workplace, opportunity, salary
Cons: cross practice opportunites
High-end work environment, that has served my career well. I've spent many productive years at S&P and value my time and growth within the organization.
Good firm
Associate Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
BOC International Holdings Limited, which specializes in investment banking, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of China Ltd. BOCI has created an organizational framework with an effective integrated management system. It has subsidiaries in New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore, and a sales network covering most major Chinese cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chongqing. With a team of
informatica
Standard and poor's as Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), any whereFebruary 12, 2015
: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11.g, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2003, AIX 3.5, Analysis Services 2005, Microsoft Front Page, SharePoint Designer, Lite Speed, FTP Utilities
Strong culture
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
S&P has a strong culture of doing the right thing for the company and for it's people and expects everyone to treat each other fairly and appropriately. This results in a dynamic and positive work environment
Productive place to grow
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
You learn more detail about financial work and room for growth
Friendly but professional atmoshere
Research Specialist - Structured Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Friendly but professional atmosphere of hard working individuals that get work done timely and efficiently. Very busy day to day operations coordinating with our global teams and working together to bounce off ideas problems issues as well as resolutions to better support the business deliver to the market. One of the hardest parts of the job besides IT constraints is the language barrier/understanding at times with our over seas counterparties. We work closely with the business to understand their needs and rely to Information technology department to be the liason to get enhancements implemented.
experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
My work experience dealt with maintaining records and dealing with some clients and case managers, delivering files around New York City and documenting movement of files.
Was once a good company
Senior Director (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
The focus has changed and several high level managers have been hired from the outside with little knowledge of financial information and they are breaking the company
Productive and Peaceful Environment
Lead Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: well planned project planing, deliverable and friendly environment to work
Cons: very little information will be provided to start with
Dissent place to work, highly techie and challenging. Good learning exposure to learn cutting edge technology and cooperative environment with freedom of sharing ideas, opinions.
professional place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: top 10 working mother company
respectful work enviornment

Great people to work with.

Great flex time.

over time occasionally
Reputable company to work for
Data Solutions & Operations-Sr Data Collector (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for
Health Benefits were excellent
Made many friends while working there
My job was outsourced to India Dec '12
A friendly business form company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
As an employee at Standard & Poor's you learn from within your department and outside your department. Most important there are groups within the company to help you grow such Toastmasters International, APEX, (Asian people of Execellence)
Executive Assistant nice job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2014
Pros: executive assistant
Cons: no cons
I worked for the vice president & 4 directors a nice place to work
Excellent company to work for/with
Senior Graphic Designer - Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great area in lower manhattan by the brooklyn bridge, nearby the staten island ferry, oldest part of nyc.
Cons: long commute from new jersey simply due to nj transit problems that occur in fowl weather.
I was very fortunate to have two terrific managers and a really exciting position. Adhering to branding guidelines, I designed, chose stock photos and manipulated for use with stories, created graphs and charts using Illustrator, proofread and edited stories, UI tested for functionality, and digitized the S&P CreditWeek Report magazine for the web and for the iPad.

My coworkers were supportive and fun as well as helpful if I had questions or recommendations.

The hardest part of my job was when Hurricane Sandy hit and we all had to work from home and set up access to remote servers. Things did not always work too smoothly but S&P has a great IT department.

I loved creating, problem solving, and learning to use Dreamweaver to embed audio and video file into the CreditWeek Report magazine.
Typical Day
Senior Customer Service Collection Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Answer Phones
Answer E Mail
Aging Reports
Invoices
Data Entry
Stable work environment
Client Development Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2014
Stable, predictable, fun, not particularly challenging work.
Slow and steady work
Associate Director - Credit Lifecycle Data (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
I have been there long enough to manage my own department and have an incredible amount of flexibility. They do not pay competitively.
Supportive and stable workplace
Specialist, Global Management Risk Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
While this company is known for their stability, the role I am in now, while I don't foresee it disappearing, I also do not see it growing. Projects now feel like day-to-day work that must be done every year at the same time and for the same length of time, based on deadlines. However, the deadlines never bothered me. On the plus side, everyone is supportive of one another. This job has also exposed me to several career paths: risk management, project management, business analysis.
Utility work with little change
Associate Director (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: it can be a lifelong job
Cons: it can be a lifelong job
I have been at Standard & Poor's for thirteen years and have been promoted over the years several times. The management structure is very tall and heavy. The people that I work with are genuine, good people that do not treat the job as a revolving door but as a career.

1 2 3

About Standard & Poor's

McGraw-Hill operates by the book, or in this case by the textbook. The company is a leading publisher of textbooks, tests, and – Read more

Standard & Poor's Salaries