Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Fun and Challenging at the same time
FRONTLINE TELLER (Former Employee) –  Standard BankFebruary 22, 2016
working as a teller was a challenging, coming straight from school and working with money and have to balance everyday.
I worked there and overcame the challenges
staff were very friendly
customer care was a key
Fun Place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 26, 2015
This is a very large bank with many branches. I have worked in 4 of their branches and each was very different. Two were not fun as they were run by cliques and if you weren't part of it, then you were an outcast and treated as such. The other two were a lot of fun and I felt as a vital part of the bank. I would look forward to going to work at those two branches. (Morris on Lisbon and Gardner branches)
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Cliques
Fairly okay
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2014
This company has been merged to another bank. Do not recommend to work for it but it is already not in the market after its merge.
Pros
secure growth in banking business
Cons
low salary
not a great place to work for
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILDecember 10, 2014
They will pay you so little to do so much work. The regional managers a regional managers don't help nor worry about the branches. I had to train my self on how to run the branch. No one is around when you need help.
priductive
Accounts support officer (Former Employee) –  BlantyreJanuary 22, 2012
High motivating company which, apart from focusing on its growth in terms of profits, it also considers growing its people, its employees. As one of the leading banks in Malawi, Standard bank also pays back to its customers through helping in social services especially in building school blocks and sponsoring sports activities
Pros
christmas vouchers
Cons
medical aid
Very stressful
Bank Teller / Representative (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDAugust 7, 2014
Working at Standard Bank was very stressful. Doing the normal phone calls and waiting on customers filled our day. We were so busy all the time and couldn't ever get a break
my job
FRONTLINE TELLER (Former Employee) –  Montana-PretoriaApril 15, 2012
Capturing cash and cheque withdrawals, capturing cash and cheque deposits, helping customers with change, making sure I balance my cash in the trolley. My co-workers were very team orientated.