Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Review SAR's
Oversight Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 23, 2017
Quality control of SAR's.
Work with investigator's to make sure all information is correct in the SAR and file case to FinCEN.
Keep track of metrics to see reporting trends.
Sanction Filtering Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2017
The management is great, very professional and friendly. Every day has new things to learn. You can always raise job related concerns or questions to the supervisor and manager. They provide excellent feedback to further enhance your knowledge and work efficiency.
It is one of the three places in country I prefered to work at for there uncompromising standards..
Branch Sales and Service Executive (Current Employee) –  SEREKUNDA, 2 KAIRABA AVENUEApril 15, 2017
Anyway is is not a bad place to work at. And is a place to learn a lot about financial services ranging from how to make gains, risk mitigation and management, money laundering controls, etc.
There is a fairly good management as far as my opinion is concern. There is need for improvement when it comes to relevant communication and problem solving time line
The work place culture is of standard and based on relevant values.
The hardest part of the job is being overloaded with a lot to do coupled with lack of working tools like desktop; in my case. In this case I tend not to have any part to enjoy on the job except the friendly working colleagues.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYApril 10, 2017
SCB was a great place to work. The management is very capable and focussed on their deliverables. They are aware of the strength o their employees and encourage the employees to take up challenges and provides the necessary infrastructure to help the employees to achieve their goals.
Good environment but not supporting
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Vietnam, PRApril 7, 2017
The work between each team is not going well with each other, there was no support from other teams.
Rules are so strict and not flexible to each customer and it leads to complain from them and so on.
Verification step takes so much times and bother customer so much.

However, the environment was good. I had great time with my colleagues.
Pros
You have good insurance as well as benefits
Cons
as mentioned
This is a fair place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
This is a fair place to work. However, it could well be better if there is more advancement opportunity. This company does emphasis on work life balance.
It been great working with standard chartered bank atmosphere.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South, east & North delhiMarch 14, 2017
Working with standard chartered bank and interacting with different kind of people is great and I a person who wants to learn more as much as I can. so I like to add one more thing is that I am person who likes challenges in life or in any other felid because if we don't have any challenge in life we do have any goal to achieve it. so my point of view is that every body must have at least one goal in their life so that he or she must have their purpose to live their life in a better way and he or she must remembered one thing that we must have challenge in our life it helps us to fight our inner strength and give us better result.
Very efficient , productive and a great environment to work in.
Business Development Manager (Priority Clients) (Former Employee) –  Adyar branchMarch 12, 2017
Work begins with reporting to the designated branch or line manager, checking mails for updates then meeting up potential priority clients and acquiring leads and providing exceptional service to the priority clients of the day.

Learnt: How to provide exceptional service to clients and acquiring and converting leads.

Management : Transparency makes the team and branch efficient in fulfilling the client's needs.

Workplace Culture : Always follow the proper etiquette desired and knowing the hierarchy and workplace is a great place to work.

Hardest part of the job: None

Best part of the job : meeting up with the team
Work environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 25, 2017
SCB was an excellent place to work. As a contractor, the hours offered were very good, Also, you were allowed remote access to work from home.
Pros
Hours available
Cons
Senior Management
No longer the good employer it used to be
Service Quality (Former Employee) –  AEJanuary 25, 2017
Zero work-life balance. Sadly, in some offices it is still considered admirable if employees put in uselessly long hours, regardless of the quality of their output! It's the 21st century but this archaic culture is deeply embedded.

Looking in from the outside, their overall corporate strategy seems to be undecided, at best.
The organisation is undergoing massive changes and restructuring. This is a known fact. The senior team would be well-advised to invest time & resources in managing this change effectively.
Pros
Decent learning opportunity due to the diverse employee base and markets
Cons
No job security, Very little being done to lift the morale and culture of those that remain
Productive and lot of opportunity to earn incentives
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Fun place, productive environment, competitive managers encouraging team members to grow in the ladder . Right guidance to all the employees to grow in the organization.
Great work ethics and Exceptional Service industry
Loan Officer/Processing Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Wonderful work environment, well renowned international bank. Well qualified professionals working as a team in a very friendly atmosphere. Fast paced and exceptional service to customers. Fortunate to have worked with them.
Overall a nice place to work
Associate Corporate and Institutional Banking (Former Employee) –  United KingdomJanuary 15, 2017
SCB offers a great work-life balance by assisting employees in their needs.
Good team work atmosphere.

Worst problem - no clear career path. No investment on junior bankers.
Very productive working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  everseasJanuary 2, 2017
I had a good experience in a good working environment to meet new customer and develop customers relationship. I have sales job and always meet with a new customers to open new accounts.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break and health care
Good work life balance
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Hours are decent compared to other financial institutions; most senior management empathize and prioritize family so there is good work life balance.

Some areas of management need improvement to provide the appropriate support/mentorship so that employees can develop and progress in their careers
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Needs senior management to be more vested in juniors to help support and develop their careers
Very Good Time
Cash Sorter (Former Employee) –  Rabwah BranchDecember 22, 2016
Job Environment is excellent at Standard Chartered Bank. I have learned what is Banking Actually and how to build a team to accomplish a goal.
Every person at SCB cooperative.
Pros
get together
positive and good working environment over all
Sales Processor (Former Employee) –  Lahore, VADecember 11, 2016
I Have good working experience in this company and enjoy with good management . Also want to work again in this organization, And make life comfort with it.
productive
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 8, 2016
i believe so much in team player, am a workaholic, very hard working and dedicated to work

in a typical day at work, is another opportunity to make things right
International Bank
Sr. Talent Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2016
Excellent firm to part of with lots of opportunities to excel. International exposure and ability to transfer and work in different country. Very diverse culture.
This is a fairly good place to work. The complex working environment helped developing my interpersonal skills a lot.
TRANSACTION BANKING - COMMERCIAL BANKING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hochiminh City VietnamNovember 30, 2016
Working for this organisation, My interpersonal skills have been improved significantly i.e. communication skill, negotiation, problem solving skills, adoptable to changes...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Standard Chartered Bank Reviews by Location