Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Good work life balance
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Hours are decent compared to other financial institutions; most senior management empathize and prioritize family so there is good work life balance.

Some areas of management need improvement to provide the appropriate support/mentorship so that employees can develop and progress in their careers
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Needs senior management to be more vested in juniors to help support and develop their careers
Great learning and growth
Proximity Operations Digital Manager (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 23, 2016
I consider myself to be lucky to be part of the only current multinational bank of Pakistan. I was fortunate enough to start my career as a Management trainee in such a prestigious organization.

It was over all a great leaning experience and growth opportunity as within a span of 4 years I grew from Management trainee to a position of an Assistant Vice President - Proximity Digital Banking.
Overall a nice place to work
Associate Corporate and Institutional Banking (Former Employee) –  United KingdomJanuary 15, 2017
SCB offers a great work-life balance by assisting employees in their needs.
Good team work atmosphere.

Worst problem - no clear career path. No investment on junior bankers.
International Bank
Sr. Talent Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2016
Excellent firm to part of with lots of opportunities to excel. International exposure and ability to transfer and work in different country. Very diverse culture.
Productive and lot of opportunity to earn incentives
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Fun place, productive environment, competitive managers encouraging team members to grow in the ladder . Right guidance to all the employees to grow in the organization.
Transaction Surveillance
Director - Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
AML and Transaction Surveillance was my major role and this proved to be very challenging. Getting knowledgeable and experienced AML personnel is difficult however, we addressed this effectively through extensive in-house training and guidance. Training was given to both US and Chennai outsourcing staff. The staff, both in US and Chennai were of the highest caliber. They were extremely dedicated and strove to meet (and exceed) all quality and productivity guidelines. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the sheer volume of work but the most enjoyable part is having the right people.
Pros
Learning AML concepts and disciplines
Cons
High and good quality workplace.
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2016
Friendly workplace that can help your career grow. Staff are equipped properly, both information and devices. Challenges are always presented which will always bring the best out of you.
Pros
Flexible time
Learnt A lot
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2016
I learnt a lot in this place and all co workers were very cooperative and knowledge sharing persons. Every one used to get different modules. I have handled one module called file upload .This module was very challenging need to upload lots of records. I was in this project till UAT. I got a chance to learn more in this project in terms of technical as well functional.
Great work ethics and Exceptional Service industry
Loan Officer/Processing Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Wonderful work environment, well renowned international bank. Well qualified professionals working as a team in a very friendly atmosphere. Fast paced and exceptional service to customers. Fortunate to have worked with them.
Very productive working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  everseasJanuary 2, 2017
I had a good experience in a good working environment to meet new customer and develop customers relationship. I have sales job and always meet with a new customers to open new accounts.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break and health care
Very Good Time
Cash Sorter (Former Employee) –  Rabwah BranchDecember 22, 2016
Job Environment is excellent at Standard Chartered Bank. I have learned what is Banking Actually and how to build a team to accomplish a goal.
Every person at SCB cooperative.
Pros
get together
productive
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 8, 2016
i believe so much in team player, am a workaholic, very hard working and dedicated to work

in a typical day at work, is another opportunity to make things right
Great work life balance but minimum chance for advancement
Client Coverage Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Great work life balance but minimum chance for advancement.
Misalignment between departments causes friction between different groups.
Interactive and productive work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 27, 2016
On a typical day of work there was always interaction with other departments within the bank. I learned a great deal within the investment bank industry; from managing pertinent investment banking data to dealing with clients on a daily basis. Supervision was very minimal so; only of the ongoing project status. There was a great deal of interactions with co-workers as far as validating the accuracy of the information being submitted to internal and external clients. The most difficult part of the job was training the staff from overseas, due to the fact of differences of global professional views. But in the long run, that experience became a learning curve. In conclusion, the most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to financial instruments; whether it was within the Forex market or dealing with equity and derivatives. So, in the end I hope this can serve as a stepping stone and step forward for my career.
Pros
Learning experience
Not a happy place to work
Derivative Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
This is a London based bank, there corporate ways are unlike the US. They dont work as a team but as individuals. There is much room for error so the name of there game is pass the buck.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
No work life balance, 0 to none management support
Productive and great environment
MIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work, gave me an opportunity without much experience. I learned so much and made many friends while working with the bank.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly Co-workers, Environment
Cons
Long hours, Tedious work
good place to work..i love it
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 1, 2016
involved not large projects, but huge projects. I have had the opportunity to be engaged into many of those projects. Chase is a challenging place to work with many types of individuals to gleam information and wisdom from.
Slower culture but better work life balance
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Should be more competitive. Has a very laid back culture, might not suit the wall-street type of people. Not too many crazy hours. Pays a lot less than its competitors.
Pros
Relatively secure job
Cons
Low pay
Productive, Career growth and fun workplace
Bangalore, India (Former Employee) –  Team LeaderNovember 3, 2011
My stint at Standard Chartered Bank was one of the best which gave a tremendous boost to my career growth. SCB has the world-class work culture, policies and the management process.
Not a bad place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
ability to work from home and flex time. Managers are helpful. Day is packed with many things to do so time goes by quick. the only issue is with management not able to give a better understanding of what is going on in the company
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
management should pass on information to the lower level employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Standard Chartered Bank Reviews by Location