Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

productive
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 8, 2016
i believe so much in team player, am a workaholic, very hard working and dedicated to work

in a typical day at work, is another opportunity to make things right
International Bank
Sr. Talent Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2016
Excellent firm to part of with lots of opportunities to excel. International exposure and ability to transfer and work in different country. Very diverse culture.
This is a fairly good place to work. The complex working environment helped developing my interpersonal skills a lot.
TRANSACTION BANKING - COMMERCIAL BANKING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hochiminh City VietnamNovember 30, 2016
Working for this organisation, My interpersonal skills have been improved significantly i.e. communication skill, negotiation, problem solving skills, adoptable to changes...
Great learning and growth
Proximity Operations Digital Manager (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 23, 2016
I consider myself to be lucky to be part of the only current multinational bank of Pakistan. I was fortunate enough to start my career as a Management trainee in such a prestigious organization.

It was over all a great leaning experience and growth opportunity as within a span of 4 years I grew from Management trainee to a position of an Assistant Vice President - Proximity Digital Banking.
Learnt A lot
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2016
I learnt a lot in this place and all co workers were very cooperative and knowledge sharing persons. Every one used to get different modules. I have handled one module called file upload .This module was very challenging need to upload lots of records. I was in this project till UAT. I got a chance to learn more in this project in terms of technical as well functional.
Transaction Surveillance
Director - Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
AML and Transaction Surveillance was my major role and this proved to be very challenging. Getting knowledgeable and experienced AML personnel is difficult however, we addressed this effectively through extensive in-house training and guidance. Training was given to both US and Chennai outsourcing staff. The staff, both in US and Chennai were of the highest caliber. They were extremely dedicated and strove to meet (and exceed) all quality and productivity guidelines. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the sheer volume of work but the most enjoyable part is having the right people.
Pros
Learning AML concepts and disciplines
Cons
High and good quality workplace.
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2016
Friendly workplace that can help your career grow. Staff are equipped properly, both information and devices. Challenges are always presented which will always bring the best out of you.
Pros
Flexible time
good place to work..i love it
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 1, 2016
involved not large projects, but huge projects. I have had the opportunity to be engaged into many of those projects. Chase is a challenging place to work with many types of individuals to gleam information and wisdom from.
Productivity/Work life Balance
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
They love playing the blame game, not much opportunity for growth; when there is one they give it to a candidate with no experience. Work you to death, very intense, work through lunches, hostile environments. Managers are inexperienced and unkind. Not a good place to work.
A place to learn
Trade Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Vietnam, PRFebruary 22, 2016
When I worked at the bank, it is in its difficult period because of changing legal environment and financial crisis. However, I was able to learn a lot and gain practical experience.
I am efficient well organized vigilant and observant security guard very responsible for safety and prevention of violation
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Standard Charted BankFebruary 17, 2016
I was happy when selected as a well behaved, cheerful, welcoming helping, and time keeper security guard, regardless of long working hours i liked my job because i was exposed and interacting with different categories of people which helped me to improve my skills and know how to handle challenges positively
Cons
Great work life balance but minimum chance for advancement
Client Coverage Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Great work life balance but minimum chance for advancement.
Misalignment between departments causes friction between different groups.
Standard chartered is a very wonderful bank.
Ability as Universal teller (Former Employee) –  Standard Chartered Clifton schon circle branchFebruary 5, 2016
I have learned standard chartered policies & I will work again in standard chartered due to very successful bank in worldwide.
Slower culture but better work life balance
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Should be more competitive. Has a very laid back culture, might not suit the wall-street type of people. Not too many crazy hours. Pays a lot less than its competitors.
Pros
Relatively secure job
Cons
Low pay
Interactive and productive work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 27, 2016
On a typical day of work there was always interaction with other departments within the bank. I learned a great deal within the investment bank industry; from managing pertinent investment banking data to dealing with clients on a daily basis. Supervision was very minimal so; only of the ongoing project status. There was a great deal of interactions with co-workers as far as validating the accuracy of the information being submitted to internal and external clients. The most difficult part of the job was training the staff from overseas, due to the fact of differences of global professional views. But in the long run, that experience became a learning curve. In conclusion, the most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to financial instruments; whether it was within the Forex market or dealing with equity and derivatives. So, in the end I hope this can serve as a stepping stone and step forward for my career.
Pros
Learning experience
A tight knit work environment
Head of Internal Communications, Americas (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Great camaraderie and team spirit. Holds strong to corporate values. Staff engagement is a huge focus for management.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
COO FCC (Former Employee) –  NewYork and DallasDecember 1, 2015
Significant amount of regulatory work and change initiatives. Most of the staff are very hard working and there are constantly new people in roles.Significant regulatory demands
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. It was a fun experience with all the colleagues.
Financial Department Intern (Former Employee) –  C02November 12, 2015
I learnt much from tasks and projects.
Productive and great environment
MIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work, gave me an opportunity without much experience. I learned so much and made many friends while working with the bank.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly Co-workers, Environment
Cons
Long hours, Tedious work
good bank
Lobby Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  xiamenOctober 27, 2015
assist customer with filing forms for withdraw , deposit , loan and fee
review database to identify customer for further promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval