Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employer Reviews

Productive Place
Manager/RISK & Exposure Control Unit (ECU) (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2013
I would manage the day to day bank risk for customers and countries for cash management, Loans, and Letters of Credit
Hardworking place
Intern (Former Employee), Hang Zhou,Zhe Jiang provinceMay 7, 2013
I attended morning meetings every day, usually we would learn financial news, and then discuss the effects upon us. After meeting, I would work with a sales manager,collect customer files, talk to other coworkers to make corrections, go out to sale products with sales manager. The management there was fine, people tend to stick to their own duties, yet they wouldn't help others if it's not their duties. I think a little flexibility is necessary. Coworkers are friendly, and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is to acquire knowledge while applying them to work. The most difficult part is selling because a lot of Chinese tend to discriminate sales people.
International bank, best network in the emerging markets
Relationship Manager, Global Corporates (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: international
Cons: small us presence
Great diversity, very international staff. Limited opportunities in the US because of size.
This company is a very well managed company with a great culture and strong work ethic and values.
Transaction Reporting Analyst (Dodd-Frank) (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: ongoing learning experience, professional work ethic and strong core values.
I primarily work with the Transaction Reporting Unit of the United States (TRUST) for all Dodd-Frank traded products. As part of the Transaction Reporting team, we had to make sure that SCB was compliant with all Dodd-Frank reporting requirements as detailed by the SEC and CFTC for all OTC derivatives (Credit, FX, Rates, etc.) My responsibilities were also involved with downloading daily reports and valuations from the Global Trade Repository (GTR) and reconciling all trades and making sure that all breaks and exceptions were investigated, actioned, and closed on a daily basis. We would proactively monitor any queries and be in contact with department heads for any issues or questions in relation to Dodd-Frank transaction reporting regulatory requirements.
General Ledger Watchdog
Finance Reconciliations and Support Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2013
A typical day at Standard Chartered Bank involved the daily reconciliation of all outstanding General Ledger balances, reclassifing those items that hit the G/L incorrectly and maintaining the proper rule engines that feed into the G/L>
Good Work Place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Changi Business Park , SingaporeMarch 7, 2013
.Good life balance with work and personal life
. Everyday is the new learning experience
. Most of the times more pro-active discuss with the client
. Work very friendly manner with co-workers
. Discuss our personal and project work freely
work intensive but fun
Analyst, Corporate Banking (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
Analyst, Structured Trade Finance and Financing Solutions, Corporate Banking, July 2011-March 2012
• Analyzed trade regulations, policies and industry sector trends; identified and mitigated cross border risks, and generated analytical reports that were pivotal for project approval by Credit Officer and the Head of STF
• Prepared client presentations and transaction documentation, coordinated with suppliers, buyers, sales, operation, legal and compliance departments on three cross-border projects to execute over US$175 million in transactions
• Conducted consumer due diligence and monitored clients’ financial and operational performance
• Maintained financial models to forecast investment returns on a $350 million joint venture land acquisition project in Brazil and generated a projected 24% annual net revenue
Extremely Productive Place to work...Enjoyable
Customer Service/Research & Investigations (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: contrubution toward metro card
Cons: relocation
Standard Chartered Bank was a very competitive place to work. The bank just have one existing location in New York NY. Working in an international department was very cultivating and enjoyable.My job was actually outsourced to Mumbai India just like all the other big banks such as JP-Morgan Citibank NA Bank of America Etc.
A good place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 2, 2013
A typical day at work involved going out to get people to bank with Standard chartered bank.

I learned about personal development and also the basics about banking and the fundamentals of sales.

My co-workers were nice people also trying to make a living.

The hardest part of the job was getting people to bank with a financial institution not as well known (at that time) as the local banks and also not as easily assessible as others.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the prestige that came with working for an institution well respected and viewed as having international standards.
First Job
Sr. Sales Executive (Former Employee), Calcutta, INDecember 5, 2012
I was a good learning experience for me as it was my first job.
nice co-workers and good learning experience
Internship Experience (Former Employee), China, XIa MenOctober 29, 2012
The co-worker was really nice to me and they took a lot of time on training me the basic information about the commercial products and how they contrubute the relationship with customers. i have to say i learned a lot from it, and the most enjoyable part was the process to get a new custome
customer is my strength.
Relationship Manager, Preferred Banking (Current Employee), GulshanOctober 14, 2012
I have learn many things from my current organization. I know how to handle customer requirement. I used to manage BDT 53 core portfolio. I can work under any pressure.
Neutral and cold business environment
Customer Service/ Credit Support (Former Employee), Nablus, Palestinian TerritoriesJuly 16, 2012
Front office employees were the key success of the bank, but management was extremely strict and unforgivable
job was highly unsecure and contractual
Relationship Manger (Former Employee), lahoreJuly 16, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
day started from typical office work environment.The management and coworkers were co-operative
Relationship Manager
Assistant Deputy Manager (Former Employee), PakistanJuly 3, 2012
Pros: free fuel
Cons: healthcare
It was a great experience to do job in standard chartered Bank on my growing career level to lead the team in auto finance department.
Great management and atmosphere
Personal Financial Consultant Assistant (Former Employee), C03June 12, 2012
The atmosphere and people there are great. The managers are warm-hearted and helpful. They provided me many good advices and taught me a lot when I have my internship there.
Hard working and have fun at the same time
Intern Personal Financial Service Department (Former Employee), Xiamen,ChinaMarch 27, 2012
I like this intern and i learned a lot from it as i just enter the finance field.
Good environment
Sales officer - Outbound (Former Employee), Phoenix Mills, Lower parel, MumbaiDecember 20, 2011
Awesome
Really good for freshers to get experience
Fun Loving team
Productive, Career growth and fun workplace
Bangalore, India (Former Employee), Team LeaderNovember 3, 2011
My stint at Standard Chartered Bank was one of the best which gave a tremendous boost to my career growth. SCB has the world-class work culture, policies and the management process.
No puedo marcar las estrellas de amarillo se borran
Funcionario de Negocios Internacionales (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 11, 2013
Pros: bono de entrada y anual
Cons: lejos de la familia
Excelente mi paso por el comercio exterior.

Aprendí muchísimo en la vida ya que estaba en Miami solo con mii trabajo. Excelente experiencia y los valores que tienen son excelentes!

About Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked – Read more

Standard Chartered Bank Photos