Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employer Reviews

A memorable and a learning journey
Relationship Manager Priority Banking (Former Employee), KolkataJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good training & infrastructure.
Cons: limited career growth
My 11 years of journey with the bank has been extremely productive whereby i have learned a lot not only about banking but other aspects of jobs which has helped me to devolope myself to a very strong, knowledgeable and an experienced professional. This companionship has helped me to learn to be the "Best" in whatever venture i undertake and be a part – more... of a team and move ahead as without a team sucess can't be acheived. Last but not the least, i have learned to deal all customers with smile so that they remember you and come back to you with a smile everytime. – less
best place I got trained and learned all works
Senior Officer Loan Processing Unit (Current Employee), Scope international, Banglore.July 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, bonus and incentives
My basic has been started here. Now am satisfied with my work. The best team and good working environment.
productive and hectic environment
Loan Procesing Officer (Current Employee), HarareJuly 22, 2014
Pros: independence to be innovative
Cons: limited staff resources and tools
Working with loads of paperwork alongside an excellent team has allowed me the opportunity to exercise working under pressure and with stringent targets, which I can now comfortably do with minimal supervision. Although there is hardly enough recognition for our input and somewhat suppression of talent due to internal politics, management is on a good – more... part fair in it's judgement. Though the job is mostly routine, what is enjoyable is the ease with which we can identify new methods of doing things. – less
I reviewed it already.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 21, 2014
I reviewed it already.I reviewed it already.I reviewed it already.I reviewed it already.
Good
Office Junior (Former Employee), Lahore, PPBJuly 20, 2014
Always offers ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgment.
Displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.
Conducts research or seeks counsel of experts to gather information needed in making actual decisions.
Rewarding and great learning place
Global Product Manager - Digital Banking (Current Employee), Singapore, S00July 14, 2014
The team i was part of was the most innovative and highly regarded team in the bank and hence wwas priviledged to be a part of it.

With work we always had time to unwind.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that you get to keep an eye on the latest trend and get to work with some of teh best minds.
good workplace environment
Compliance/Operation Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), XiamenJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good workplace enviroment
Cons: their buz scope is narrow in china
pros: good workplace enviroment
cons: their buz scope is narrow in China
working experience at Standard Chartered bank
Relationship Manager- Grade 8 (Former Employee), pakistanJuly 5, 2014
Pros: lunches, celebrating different events
Cons: long hours
I was working in bank for 8 to 10 hrs from Monday to Friday and Saturday was half day.
I have learned how to provide highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of Services and Products offer to them. i have also learned patiences , courtesy, to work with team, work under pressure with patiences, face different challenges with motivation.
Management – more... was happy with the work assigned to me as it was delivered on time and up to mark.
Supportive friendly motivating to co workers we had a great team work spirit. joined hand together to meet company targets.
Late hour sitting finds difficult sometime like when it is from 10 to 11 hrs work.
celebrating all the events and achievements of individuals and company together, having different sports activities, lunches etc. – less
Productive and fun place
Senior Automation Specialist for e-FX (Current Employee), SingaporeJuly 5, 2014
Pros: a great fun place where i developed system in 1/4 of time targeted bt the management
The day starts with chain of mails containing new requirements from trading desks and operations in other regions which I need to accommodate in current iteration.
After this initial warm-up, there is a 30 minutes meeting with my manager and team-member to be on the same page for what is to be achieved by today evening.
This is followed by discussion – more... & coding marathon interrupted by lunch. – less
Productive and job opportunities
Floor Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: a lot of incentives other than salary and bonuses
Cons: late hours meetings
SCB is a Multinational Bank. It was honored working with SCB, it was a learning journey and SCB provided a lot of training not only related to my field of Customer Portfolio Management but it also covers other main branches of banking as well eg: Anti Money Laundering , debt calculations , etc.
my reveiw
Credit Card Sales Executive (Former Employee), pakistanJuly 2, 2014
Its fun to work for UFONE
i have learned alot.
management is noraml in behaviour.
co workers are best in ufone
its very easy job.
i njoy each nd every part of my life.
Responsible for Sales, Marketing and Promoting SCB Consumer & Business Banking products.
Officer Area Banking - New Business (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 2, 2014
o Selling Multi Products of Consumer and Business Banking (SME, Personal & Business Loan, Employee Banking, Premium Banking and Insurance & investment products).
o Generate new business to achieve defined sales targets. Plan and execute comprehensive business development strategy to successfully promote all Banking Products.
o Build and improve the – more... quality of business relationships with customers.
o Assisting the Manager in handling the team; executing all their responsibilities of the team with them and in their absence.
o Participates in accomplishing sales targets, and involve in the implementation of relevant procedural/legislative requirements.
o Conducted independent review of customers. Evaluated customer’s financial status such as liquidity, profitability and credit history before recommending for approval.
o Perform periodic reports preparation for targets against achievement.
o Identify, investigate and resolve customer service problems in sales and after sales. – less
Credit Risk Management
Sr.Officer In-house Recovery/Collection (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 28, 2014
Credit Risk Management, MIS Reporting,Customer support, walk-in, Recovery & Collection, Routing mails, Data Management, Allocating Portfolio, NDC, Settlement, CIBIL, People Management, Skip Tracing, eBBs, MIS, Service Escalations,Negotiation skills
Superb work culture
Backup Team Leader (Former Employee), New Delhi IndiaJune 25, 2014
Standard Chartered Bank is in banking and Insurances sector. SCB operated for over 150 years in some of the world's fastest-growing markets, across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Very good exposure and Learning
Teller Services Manager (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJune 25, 2014
Got very good exposure including onsite opportunities
good opportunities to learn new modules
Collection Officer (Former Employee), IslamabadJune 21, 2014
I have a good experience working with Standard chartered bank and learned alot from my seniors. Learned about how to handled and followup customers and how to solve their issues regarding payments and their settlements of different products.
Fun workplace with great organization culture
Internal Communications Manager (Former Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14June 20, 2014
Dynamic and fast paced work environment with great career opportunities spanning diverse geographical borders.
24 hours round the clock work
Customer Care (Former Employee), chennai, IndiaJune 18, 2014
Management needs change. Work culture modification needed
Good company Good management
QA Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working with my co worker was really pleasant. that's what i appreciate most about the company that they trained the workers and keep them informed about product management etc
Good work life balance at this well respected institution
External Communications Officer (Current Employee), LondonJune 10, 2014
Pros: working from home, social events, diversity
Cons: outsourced it and hr function, can be old fashioned
Standard Chartered has grown exponentially over the last 10 years, and some of its systems and processes haven't really caught up, especially IT. IT and HR are outsourced to Chennai, a source of irritation to many.

On the plus side, the bank does a great job of encouraging its staff to have a good work life balance, working from home is common in many – more... departments - many departments operate a flexi-desk basis, so there aren't always enough desk if everyone is in the office.

There are good perks, the pension contribution is good, there are lots of clubs and activities you can enter ballots for.

When it comes to diversity, this is the most international place I've ever worked, many from its biggest markets, Singapore, China, India and many from Africa. Many staff get the opportunity to travel.

Overall, it's a good place to work. – less

About Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked – Read more

Standard Chartered Bank Photos