Standard Parking Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Spplus
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2016
The management is horrible. They treat you like peasants and as hard as we all work they dont show appreciation what so ever. They treat us more like prisoners than employees. Most people has stuck around due to the money and OT they offer but it slowly but surely falling apart.
When I first started it was a great company
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
As I stayed at the company there were many changes that were I felt not good for the company. Co-workers were awesome, I learned quite a bit new did garnishments before that was a challenge, but worth the learning experiences.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
the change that was not good. I could not leave not of the department I was in
I would give SP an average rating
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2015
I worked at SP for a short period of time as a contractor. I really enjoyed working for my boss and partnering with legal. It was very busy which time go by very fast. It was a little frustrating because I received very little training. You just have to jump right in!
Easy great paying job with benefits
Customer Service Rep/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2015
If you like diversity and working at the airport this is a good job. The managers do have the tenancy to not focus on the job, but giving write ups instead. They can make an easy environment stressful.
Pros
benefits, ability to pick up extra shifts, and move into other positions
Cons
management is uneducated, no degrees, and often not knowledgeable.
poor management
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 9, 2015
I heard great things about the airport division but I was not lucky enough to work there. Long hours, low pay, poor management.
Work is Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atl,GaJuly 5, 2015
The job is a great place to work. The customers are challenging at times but its nothing you cant overcome. Work is Work! The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you can come to work and have fun.
Productive. Never a dull momemt.
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
The job kept me occupied instead of loose time spent around the water cooler. I would rather stay busy with less speaking although I know the meaning of the importance of communication in an articulate manner.
Pros
Good employees and supported employment. Training.
Cons
The air was full of carbon monoxide from the cars and traffic.
Have a good work place
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  DenverMay 13, 2015
It has a conducive work environment, job security, get good experiences in my carrier, there is periodical customer service training, cross training and has good insurance coverage.
Pros
Insuranece coverage, cross training
Cons
No promotion
wait for air flight to come in
CASHIER -CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2015
sit in booth and wait for flight to come in and cash out customers , great when busy but take a book to read no cell phone but many of the employees that are there have and are still using them and management do nothing i have seen it when I put an ticket in even seen a employee sleeping booth.. not a great sight for u to see when driving through.
Pros
vacation, sick holiday
Cons
management
Provided lots of opportunity for advancement
Assistant Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
In my tenure at Standard Parking Corporation I was given many opportunities for advancement in my career. I do not think I could have received the same opportunities at another company.
average job
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 3, 2015
there is great office environment, nice people to work with. I sharpened my customer service skills and data entry skills as this job required the use of both on the daily basis.
Pros
meeting new people, flexible time
Cons
working in all kind of weather
great place
Inventory Control data entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Cool place to work friendly employees AND do your job and be respected. Great place to work. Be ready for anything to get the job done.
Valet parking Attendant
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2014
This is an out going work environment well fit for self motivated individuals
Good managment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2014
I would like to work with talented and experienced workers to make the work place a positive work environment by finding solutions to the problems.
nice place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Nice place to work, good benefits , medical and dental . Liked working with clients and great employees
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
poor upper management
Productive Work Environment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I'm busy all of the time standing watch. Weekends doing the security is non stop.
fun working with empoyees and clients
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2013
You can get a lot done in the mornings. Learned a lot about operations management with this company. Resolving customers' and clients' issue were the most enjoyable part of my job.
enjoyable loved my co-workers enjoyed dealing with different type of people
Ground Transportation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2013
A typical day at Standard Parking required dealing with people and taxi cab drivers and arguments which I had to sometimes to intervene
and brake up. I had to deal with large amounts of crowed of people had to communicate with my co-workers by radio. I learned there's a lot of type of personalities and learned to deal with them. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work out in the cold and the most enjoyable part was that I made friends with my co-workers and some cab drivers
Pros
good paying job
Cons
working in the brutal cold
Hard Workplace with good beenfits and pay
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
For the most part, Standard parking is a good place to work, if you do not mind working odd hours. The work itself is somewhat mundane, however the culture and interaction with coworkers makes up for any downsides of the actual work.
Pros
free parking
Cons
odd hours
Nothing bad said at all about this work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2012
typical day at work consisted of computing data, setting rates and planning the work schedule for the day. I learned more of how to communicate with others in a more positive way to make the work place run more smoothly. Management was amazing. They cared for their employees like none other. My co-workers came to work everday looking ready to work and everyday more and more function as a team. the hardest part of my job was to set up the desired working locations for each employee. I had to know who worked best at each station. The most enjoyable part of the job was just th amanagement position overall being in charge and when something went wrong taking on full responsibility and learning from my mistakes to make sure it gets corrected next time. That being said I learned how to reduce the number of errors in my work and thought process to prevent any problematic situations
Pros
free breakfast every morning
Cons
weather somtimes

Standard Parking Corporation Reviews by Location