Standard Parking

Standard Parking Employer Reviews

Good Job if you can handle being alone
Cashier/Lot Attendant,Inventory (Former Employee), Kalispell, MontanaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great if you are a student and need study time
Cons: you are alone so if anything happens no one will be there. also there is no room for advancement.
You are alone for 80% of the time. You are required to make change, handle customers at the window, and take care of 2 automated lines. You are not required to answer the phones, yet I did to assist customers in finding us and answering about our rates and any other questions.
big company
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJanuary 9, 2014
this company has so many locations if hired there it would be no problem placing you somewhere
Loved the people i supervised
Parking Supervisor (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: manager would disappear
I worked with the employees issuing parking tickets. Changed hours to work with different employees. Loved my job. Lost contract and now unemployed.
over all employee relationships; work as a team.
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 6, 2014
Enjoyed everyone I worked with. High standards for employees work ethics. Excellent customer service at all times.
out standing work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2013
Pros: my co-workers, the residents, management
Cons: cons about this job is that i'm no longer employed with harbor court
The Harbor Court Retirement Community is the best family oriantated enviorment I'v ever worked for.
Customer Service oriented position.
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 3, 2013
Pros: lots of diverse people, loved talking to new people daily!
Cons: constant exposure to elements, combative provider attitudes, standing without rest for 8hrs.
The job duties were fun. I enjoyed deeply interacting with travelers and assisting them with their travel needs. It was an outdoor job so you are subjected to all types of weather. Balancing customer service and monitoring providers proved to be difficult sometimes as you really had no authority or any way of defending a call made on the roadway as – more... there are generally no witnesses. Therefore, it was you vs. the provider. Otherwise, this was a great transition job. – less
Lot Attendant
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2013
I worked in cashier booths, count cars and parking spaces, assist with lockouts and lost cars, and assist with out of gas or not starting vehicles.
Standard Parking
Parking Attendant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2013
•Prepare comprehensive daily revenue reports delivered to the Assistant Senior Manager.
•Process new client applications.
•Maintain client accounts and conduct collection of overdue accounts.

Co workers can be hit or miss depending on location but its more of a "you carry your own weight" environment.
Interesting environment.
Valet Parker (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good co workers.
Cons: bad management
The management is very terrible at this location, there's a daily confusion because of the lack of good management.
Best job in the world
Booth Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Cons: rude custumers
I loved everyone there it was a nice and easy job just to collect money and tickets
Event parking coordinator
Event parking coordinator (Former Employee), 1235 South Clark St. Suite 704. VANovember 5, 2013
Pros: free parking, discount on tickets
Cons: pay, and bad weather conditions
Managed Event setup and maintenance schedules.
Event parking coordinator.
Supervised parking lot attendants and security.
FedEx Field Parking and traffic coordinator.
Productive and fast paced.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2013
Supervised and trained new employee on the functions of the payroll system & health insurance policies, entered payroll for approximately 100 employees into SFG system & payroll book, learned the new SAP system for entering payroll, kept track of all employees sick, personal & vacation time, distributed and processed all new employee forms, handled – more... all human resource items including enrollment for health insurance, all tax forms, answered multi-line phone and responded to questions from constituents and others, sorted & distributed mail to proper Legislator or staff member, typed memos, photocopied confidential documents, faxed, filed, proofread documents, typed contracts for
various organizations. – less
Overall Good Company
Multi-Location Facility Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: stable
Cons: it's who you know, not what you know
False promises of promotions seem to be widespread. Promotions based on politics, not performance. Other than that, the company is solid, and compensates pretty well.
Alot of customer interaction.
Parking Garage Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2013
I worked as a cashier that provided customer service to different people. I collected tickets and money as customers exited the garage. I also gave directions to those who were having difficulty getting to there destination.
Fun place to work
Toll Collector (Former Employee), Sandston,VAOctober 17, 2013
Processing exception tickets, I've learned how to deal with all types of customers.The most part I enjoy is meeting different people and conversating with customers.
Good starting rates of pay but is equaled by strenuous job.
Toll Attendant/ meter man (Former Employee), Balboa, CAOctober 13, 2013
I liked my job for the time being as a toll attendant and parking enforcement officer. I was out in the open whether the mountains or the beach area and the job pays you extra for certain things like holidays and even part time employee's like myself got paid sick days and accumulated vacation.
Corporate Company were you are a number & not an individual!
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), SeattleOctober 3, 2013
Pros: some of the staff are very nice, some you should watch your back?
Cons: low wages!!
Worked for this company for 1 yr & 6 mths from when they employed 12,000 to now over 26,000 employees just in North America.

In the time i worked as a Bookkeeper i enjoyed it, until they went from
12k employees to 26k, after that it was like working as a robot!!

They have no idea about employee loyalty!! They don't encourage you to further your career – more... with them & they do not recognize your achievements!!

There main computer systems is over 20 years old (AS400) & is completely out of date for the size of the company & the type of business they do?

The pay is bad & having just seen my old job advertised they are offering less than i was paid over a year & a half ago!! & the job description is also out of date!!

Please be aware the job offers very little training so for the monies they are offering make sure you are a fast learner ;))

Good luck who ever you are? – less
Productive and pleasant work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the pros of my current job is free health insurace.
Cons: cons of my current job is not being able to park on site.
A typical day at work for me is trying to learn something new, I like to be knowledgable of all departments. My managers and co-workers are very pleasant and believe in team work. The hard part of my job is not being able to help everyone.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meeting and helping as many customers as i can.
booth cashier
Booth Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2013
to collect parking tickets the people was great made a lot of over time very busy on the weekends
Lots of standing collecting money for parking and directing traffic.
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: no benefits
Nice and fun job but the hours were not there. Enjoyable employees and easy work.

About Standard Parking

Standard Parking wants to be  the driving force in the parking industry -- and it likely is. The parking behemoth manages about – Read more

Standard Parking Photos