Standard Parking

It was a nice job
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2013
Management was good
Office environment friendly
Wasn't there long enough to see the entire office environment. From what I gathered, it was a nice place to work. The hardest part of the job was the intensive work schedule. There was no way around making it as much efficient as possible.
Bad work experience
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Jacksonville International Airport, Fl.September 10, 2013
Pros: liked working outdoors, driving cars.
Cons: no lunch breaks in an 8 hr period.
Poor onsite management. Other employees out to get your position.
Liked working with customers. Awesome driving high end cars and trucks. Learned to cashier.
ok place to work
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2013
work was full of fun and bad times.i learned to work with people.
A great place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver and Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: 12 hour days
As a driver I was responsible for the pre and post trip of my coach. Advised base of any problem via 2 way radio. Enjoyed meeting travelers.

As a Field Supervisor I was responsible for all the drivers on my shift and ensured that were following company as well as DOT rules.
great job if you dont have resposibilities
shuttle driver (Current Employee), portland, orAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good management team/supervisors. overall the drivers are great
Cons: pay sucks. $.30 a year raise for first 5 yrs
You start off working 3am to 1130 or 1100pm to 730am. Maybe a year of that then you might be able to get a dayshift. Management and supervisors are great. Pay not so much. 11.00 to start and .30 a year. Makes paying bills hard
Very Manageable
Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2013
Pros: my job is part time so its only a few hours a day.
Cons: the weather
A typical work day for me consist of counting out at least 3000 dollars and helping over 300 hundred customers. Its very easy the most enjoyable part of my job is getting the chance to interact with all different kinds of people.
horrible experience
Traffic attendant (Former Employee), New york, nyJuly 29, 2013
Cons: everything
poor management, didnt like it horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible
Flagger (Former Employee), Largo, MDJuly 29, 2013
Directed cars for large scale sporting/entertainment events
Addressed needs of event customers
Controlled flow of traffic pre and post events
Always Eventful
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 28, 2013
Parking is big business in New Brunswick and with all the parking alternatives in the city, there is still not enough parking for employees, visitors, and patients of RWJUH.
There are several challenges throughout the day from delivering quality customer service, meeting the clients needs, keeping a staff of 30 on task and managing the periods of peak – more... activity. In addition to some frequent and not so frequent equipment malfunctions that keeps me on my toes and very much engaged throughout the day on all aspects of the job.
I've learned to be an advocate for my staff. To be firm, but fair and communicate clearly. To hold people accountable for their actions but strive to understand peoples situations and how they may impact their working lives.
One of the most challenging aspects of my work is managing the many different staff personalities across 3 shifts, ensuring adequate job placement of the right people in the right roles, and meeting the needs of business partners and stakeholders.
I have come to enjoy the hands on nature of the job and understanding my role in the company, the different departments and their interactions. I can also appreciate the outdoors on the beautiful days. – less
whatever
Shuttle Service Representative/CSR (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours, no real benefits unless full time, bad management
It's not the best company but it's not the worst either-it's a job
Great Place to work
Supervisor/Various Positions (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJuly 15, 2013
Standard Parking is a wonderful company that is very flexible on whatever schedule you may have or want.
Outside work in different weather climates
Cashier (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks
It's a good and easy job it just gets slow sometimes. the co workers are easy to get along with its just hard to deal with the complaining customers.
Great first job wonderful people management and co workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: nothing
greeting, cashiering, interacting with people and they were willing to work around your schedule if you wanted to go to school
Beach Bar
Cashier/Valet (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 23, 2013
Pros: exciting, fun, night life
Cons: customers under the influence
Working as a cashier for the Trump Plaza beach bar was very entertaining and exciting. I worked with wonderful co workers and it was great to see customers enjoying themselves. However, some customers can get very drunk and can also be rude at times.
Having an very energized personality I enjoyed working at the largest airpot in the world
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2013
Pros: meeting people from around the world
Cons: highly stressful due noptism which was practiced on a daily basis
I had worked for this parking company for 14 years.Within the 14 years I sharpen my people skills and was awarded over 20 Excellant Customer Sevice awards.Sub-Contracted by 2 different Management Companies (Parking CO.of America and Standard Parking). The job was fun and operated in the largest airport in the world with a fast pace environment. Until – more... hiring of family,church,friends of friends were being hired into management without the consideration of promoting employees that had been there for years. I became very disappointed in the work ethics of Standard Parking. – less
It's OK
Customer Service Representative/ Trainer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 1, 2013
Cons: no room for advancement
Management and co-workers become your family. For everything we do, the pay sucks! We work under the PORT, so whatever the PORT says, we do. If the PORT says we can't have raises for 2 years, we won't get any raises.
Challenging Projects
Property Manager Power Square Shopping Mall (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 23, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: had to keep track of work hours via phone time clock
Variety of personnel and maintenance upgrades in progress.
Working with contractors.
Challenge to secure new tenants
Large company not much personal interaction w/management
SECURITY (PART-TIME) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2013
Large company, not much room for advancement. Hourly job, with transient mentality.
As a becoming a leader in the industry, the company has lost it's touch with the behind the scenes as well as the front line employee relationships
Accounting Supervisor and Operational Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
The lack of respect and disregard for the loyalty employees has become over whelming. Many years ago, it was a company I was proud to be a part of, now it is just a job and a struggle to accomplish each day to the best of my ability. I have so much to give and strive to be a part of a successful and respected business. This is no longer where I am. – more... I hope to find that again. – less
easy job for easy pay
flagger (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2013
Cons: work even under extreme weather
meet new people from different parts of the country sometimes world. access to event which you work at. easy job

About Standard Parking

Standard Parking wants to be  the driving force in the parking industry -- and it likely is. The parking behemoth manages about – Read more

Standard Parking Photos