Standard Parking

Standard Parking United States Employee Reviews

Sweat shop ethics
Facility Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: it will develop mental toughness.
Cons: management is very narrow minded and do not consider operational improvement advice.
This job is only good to condition your mentality because it requires mental toughness. Not satisfied with upper managements performance and failure to notice employees with potential to get the job done. Upper management is very stubborn when it comes to making recommendations for operational improvements.

Extremely low cost strategy being implemented where they try to take psychological advantage of those who support families, etc and need the job and pay the minimum for jobs that are worth more.
Stable and Productive company
Assistant Manager Domestic/ International Terminal (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
This Standard Parking location was a pleasure to work at, the staff was amazing. The hours are very flexible, with the ability to relocate to the numerous location Standard has all around the county and Canada. The staff is understanding on the International terminal.
A reasonable profficiant work invironment
Garage and Ground Maitenance (Former Employee), Hebron, KYDecember 3, 2014
I learned a lot about the safety of working in parking lots and garage facilities.
Productive fun place to work
Part Time Gold Reserve Parking Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: lunches flexiable
Cons: no movement
great place to work
helping people in need is rewarding.
coworker s where easy to get along with
CMSD Intern
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: amazing friendships
Cons: if there was no more work, you'd get bored.
I enjoyed my time as an intern with the CMSD. I would leave school early and then head straight to work (I only had 4 classes). I enjoyed my duties and my supervisor. I had no sense of trouble or problems while I was there. They were patient when I was first starting out and they guided me. I couldn't have asked for a better workplace.
People are great
SQL Database Developer (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 22, 2014
Typical day consists of meetings and outlining what is due. Learned a lot with SQL Server and optimizing stored procedures in order to speed things up to meet project expectations. The environment at Standard is great! I would recommend it to other developers
Average Job
Customer attendant (Former Employee), Washington D.C.November 17, 2014
My shift was from morning to 5 pm, in the morning I prepare myself and along with coworkers we open up the garage after I'm typically helping customers and handling money at the register. There was much coordination and it was a group effort to fulfill the company demand and the customer need.
Mangement Staff
Sales Rep Cashier/ Greeter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2014
It was a great company but since I left they have completely revamped their management staff that was needed. I loved interacting with the customers. It was a fast paced job in an energetic environment.
good learning environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER/ SAFETY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: provide provide transportation to work
Cons: no benefit days
Provide opportunity for students, good working environment, provide transportation to work.
they were okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nice hours and some of the customers were nice
Cons: the pay could be better and the workers could be more socialbe
they were okay the work environment was cold and they treated the men differently then they did the woman the pay could've been better
limitied oportunities
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 20, 2014
no opportunity for growth, no opportunities, for ideal or projects for improvement.
My experience with this company
Cashier (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2014
Pros: gain experience manager was very understanding and helpful
Cons: a lil communication problem with employees.
This was a great company for two years,parking ramp in city center downtown Minneapolis,interacting with customers.
Accounts Payable Researcher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Great company management is a great person but I do not see any future growth for myself here
Pleasent job with lots of customer service.
Ground Transportation Agent (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
Pros: exercise and freedom
Cons: lack of benifets/pay.. unable to accept tips.
Begin day with grabbing a radio and jumping right into customer service. controlling Taxis and scheduled pick ups to maintain a safe free flowing environment at PDX.
I have learned computer skills along with customer service.
As a ground transportation agent, it is my duty to manage all taxis, shuttles and private town car pick ups.
Making sure all coworkers take proper breaks on time while rotating positions on the commercial roadway is part of managing my fellow workers while maintaining the information booth.
regulating and citing drivers when they get out of line or refuse to cooperate with the rules. being short staffed and running customer service at PDX alone can get very overwhelming but manageable.
Hanging out with customers and celebrities from all over the world is the best part of the job.
***
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no comment
OK. Have not worked there for 10 years. Can't say much. Great people.
Enjoyable working environment and delay of fund release.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2014
Pros: promotion and advancement
Cons: luck of transperancy
The hardest part of the job was paying vendors on time, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment.
Tourist fun and friendly work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: working in all kinds of weather
A typical work day for me would start anywhere from 4:30 am and between 3 pm.Ends before 12:00 am.I learned how to install and uninstall containers to master parking meters and collect coins from single meters.Management was great. I trained my co-workers they were people friend.No part of the job was to hard for me.The enjoyable part was if was flexible and I enjoyed working overtime
A different way of looking at things
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
I learned that there is just no pleasing some people
nothing beats a good knife in the back
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers and customers
Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no benefits
Working outdoors securing parking lots and issuing citations.
I learned how to greet customers, Issue citations, Change Tires, Jumpstart vehicles, Transport Customers, and realease wheelocks.
Close but no cigar
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: freedom to roam
Cons: hourly employees have a sense of entitlement
Good for an entry level manager. Will have an opportunity to learn how to manage a diverse work group that likes to play the "I don't understand English" card. Salary is low, so if you are a seasoned manager you wouldn't have much interest outside of collecting a paycheck while looking elsewhere for a career. Long tenured employees have a sense of entitlement and upper management is afraid to weed out bad apples.

About Standard Parking

Standard Parking wants to be  the driving force in the parking industry -- and it likely is. The parking behemoth manages about – Read more

Standard Parking Salaries