Standard Parking

Standard Parking Employee Reviews

Very productive
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 2, 2015
meet different people every day, that this location I have not really encounter any difficulty. The only difficulty encounter was when you the a pedestrian to use the walk way some of them won't listen, and this is also the only difficulty I can say I encountered at this job.
Fun place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Maintained several car garages and parking lots.
Snow Removal.
people person job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all over world
Cons: having to work in bad weather conditions
Great job different locations to work, fun meeting visitors or citizen in the Memphis city, you must have to like dealing with the public. may have to work in different weathers conditions
Working out doors
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: work experience
Cons: learning the business
New customers billing collections ,cash control, maintenance all play a big part in this business. Fun dealing with customers when they can exit the garages in a timely manner. Some of the co-workers were lazy and hide rather than work, keeping up with them was the hardest part about the job. You learn how to protect company assets and how to keep track of new customers.
employees at risk
Enforcement (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: no breaks, no benifits, low pay, hazardous
Give few hours at a low rate for positions where you get threatened nightly. They don't listen to suggestions to improve anything and make it easier and don't try to protect you.
Productive and Fun learn something new everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), cleveland ohioJanuary 5, 2015
Fun work day
great management]
Love my Co-Workers
Hardest part was trying to stay warm
Love keeping patients/visitors smiling
it's a good job
Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: you could make tips
Cons: no penision
it's good job but it lacks certain things you need later on in life such as more benefits and better job security
customer service
great coworkers
helpful supervisors
fun at work
Parking Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2014
parking cars and fun days when it was game time or any concert.
very corporate compared to many parking companies
area manager (Current Employee), texasDecember 27, 2014
Pros: decent wage, work-home life balance
Cons: lack of support
Lack of upper management support. Decent training programs available if you put in effort to look for classes. Minimal expectations, as long as you follow corporate audit standards and your boss isn't getting phone calls, you will be left alone. If you enjoy typical corporate job - do basics and go home - it is a good environment for you.
Not for me
Special Events Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2014
Pick your own hours, easy if you don't mind being outside in the heat, rain, or snow
Met many different and interesing people
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people; learning new skills; room for advancement
Cons: no benefits
A typical day would consist of tendering parking garage tickets from a booth placed at the exit of the garages. I learned light office duties, how to deal with irate customers which allowed growth for my problem solving skills. Management was awesome. My co workers were easy to get along with and worked great as a team, especially at special events that were held. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with aggressive customers. The most enjoyable thing was the closeness and the team work that lead to great customer service.
our company facility offer to customer a safer place to fell secure to park its vehicule as it any other needs.
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), 512 12st. Miami Beach 33139December 15, 2014
A typical day at work is to assure to make the customer feel pleasant and secure to park his vehicle in our facility.

I learned to deal with different situation and maintain control over it.

The day to day activities to keep inform the supervisor about the daily operation and issues during the working hours.

My co-workers are very nice people.

The hardest part of the job is when a customer come to complaint in a bad way wit out any good manners.

The most enjoyable part is when I do the customer satisfaction and put everything under control and the customer leave with a Smile.
Sweat shop ethics
Facility Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: it will develop mental toughness.
Cons: management is very narrow minded and do not consider operational improvement advice.
This job is only good to condition your mentality because it requires mental toughness. Not satisfied with upper managements performance and failure to notice employees with potential to get the job done. Upper management is very stubborn when it comes to making recommendations for operational improvements.

Extremely low cost strategy being implemented where they try to take psychological advantage of those who support families, etc and need the job and pay the minimum for jobs that are worth more.
Stable and Productive company
Assistant Manager Domestic/ International Terminal (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
This Standard Parking location was a pleasure to work at, the staff was amazing. The hours are very flexible, with the ability to relocate to the numerous location Standard has all around the county and Canada. The staff is understanding on the International terminal.
A reasonable profficiant work invironment
Garage and Ground Maitenance (Former Employee), Hebron, KYDecember 3, 2014
I learned a lot about the safety of working in parking lots and garage facilities.
Productive fun place to work
Part Time Gold Reserve Parking Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: lunches flexiable
Cons: no movement
great place to work
helping people in need is rewarding.
coworker s where easy to get along with
CMSD Intern
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: amazing friendships
Cons: if there was no more work, you'd get bored.
I enjoyed my time as an intern with the CMSD. I would leave school early and then head straight to work (I only had 4 classes). I enjoyed my duties and my supervisor. I had no sense of trouble or problems while I was there. They were patient when I was first starting out and they guided me. I couldn't have asked for a better workplace.
People are great
SQL Database Developer (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 22, 2014
Typical day consists of meetings and outlining what is due. Learned a lot with SQL Server and optimizing stored procedures in order to speed things up to meet project expectations. The environment at Standard is great! I would recommend it to other developers
Average Job
Customer attendant (Former Employee), Washington D.C.November 17, 2014
My shift was from morning to 5 pm, in the morning I prepare myself and along with coworkers we open up the garage after I'm typically helping customers and handling money at the register. There was much coordination and it was a group effort to fulfill the company demand and the customer need.

About Standard Parking

Standard Parking wants to be  the driving force in the parking industry -- and it likely is. The parking behemoth manages about – Read more