Standard Register Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company
Accounts Receivable/Credit Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 19, 2017
Standard Register is a wonderful company to work for. I just did not see a growth opportunity for myself in the position that I was in. They seem like they will be around for a long time.
a service organization supporting local businesses
Area Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2017
my regional office was sounding board for sales support of 250 employees, 25 satellite offices and there were times I performed outside of my normal training which I enjoyed there. Collecting reporting, merging budgets for all offices in software and understanding the need for this outside of the main local sales office.
Pros
I had worked in same building 7 years before, office just across the hall and encouraged to visit cafe on break when caught up.
Cons
My boss said I would be alone when he traveled. Since I knew the building it was not an issue.
Slow
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 14, 2017
Nice company but would lie to get teammates to come on board when the work went a way then they would lay them off and most were under a year so they did not have to call them back.
A Lot to Learn
Service Studio Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 2, 2017
I worked for this company for six months. I don't feel like I was there long enough to have learned even close to how much there is to the job. There was some show of favoritism.
Awesome Company
Assistant Manager of Production (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2017
Great company to work for. Really cares about their employees and the products they distribute! Great management and benefits and compensation was amazing.
Clean work place
W arehouse Clerk/ Production W orker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Plan, direct and carry out preplanned daily shipment organization and billing. Communicate with customer service and customers regarding status of shipments
Overall nice to work for. Stability isn't that great
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
My typical day is to just work on assignments given. I didn't really learn new things there but I always had work to do. Management was good. Always there to help me. Hardest part of the job was the stability in the company.
Okay place to work
Net Programmer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The people I had the joy of working with were skilled, knowledgeable, motivated, kind, and hard-working.
Management was good. I don't recall ever getting turned down for requested time off, however I did on occasion happily volunteer to cover times when other coworkers wanted time off.
Pay was underwhelming, but there were circumstances I was not aware of which made it appropriate.
Work environment was initially not entirely safe, but they fixed that for the most part, leaving relatively minor concerns.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home, excellent coworkers, can buy extra vacation
Cons
Dying industry (save the trees!), slow to adapt to new technology, obscure and undocumented systems without training
Good Company
Data Control Coordinator II (Temp Job) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2017
This was a good company to work with assisting customer with various concerns and Maintaining the Sales Force Database and employees.
When I first started with the company, it was a great place to work. When they changed management, it was not a great place anymore.
Specialty Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2016
A typical work day was good

Learned that management was only for themselves.

Co-workers were great people.

Hardest part of the job was when they kept changing management.

Paycheck was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Transforming environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2016
Many large challenges facing this mature business. The key challenge the company has is to focus chosen priorities and stay disciplined about those priorities
Pros
Good management
Cons
Heavy workload
great paying job
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN 37130October 24, 2016
a typical day at work was to check customer order. set up printing press according to customers specifications and check quality to keep waste down.
Pros
good pay and close to home
Cons
machines were old, management didnt care to fix problems
top notch company
bsuiness develpment manager (Former Employee) –  SE USAugust 24, 2016
great experience learning and excelling in a fantastic sales environment. the sales and sale management training was state of thee art
Pros
excellent income
Cons
on the road too much away from my family
Easy and fast to learn
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 19, 2016
Pretty great environment.
Temporary assignment
No room for improvement for temporary employee
Great co workers and management was pretty good.
Printing in a fast-paced environment
Variable Data Programmer (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 26, 2016
Tight deadlines with customers and trying to conform to the standards that they are expecting their printed piece to be
Pros
Challenges to get it right.
Cons
Tight deadlines.
Press assistant
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Rode around on a stand up fork truck and pulled rolls of paper for others. Kept the jobs going for others. Good people and management to work for
Printing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2016
Most enjoyable part is every day was different new challenges daily. Great people to work with treated like family. Liked the hours Pay and Benefits.
my life at standard
printing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 16, 2016
When I started and the next 25 yrs. were so great. after that in went down hill. I loved my work and was proud to be an employee of such a great co. The last 8 yrs was day by day until the bankruptcy. I had chances to bail out but thought it would come back.
Day to day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 11, 2016
Machine operator, warehouse environment ,management was great with employers.co workers are helpful. learned how to operate machines and print mail.
Nice co-workers, poor executive level
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
Co-workers kept me coming back to work each day, executive team made numerous poor investments and failed to provide accurate expectations for sales and how to achieve them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
C-Level executives, poor account planning, bad investments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Register. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8