Standard Register

Standard Register Employer Reviews

Very educational about printing industry
Systems Analyst & Second Shift Scheduler (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INDecember 16, 2014
The job that I interviewed for was not the one I received once I signed up with the company. Lack of structure and eroding printing industry led to a very dog eat dog environment. Although I learned a lot from this experience and gained new skills I wouldn't recommend the printing realm for a career.
Accounting professionals -- don't work here
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), MurfreesboroNovember 24, 2014
No current accounting system.

Highly manual accounting process.

You will work the most overtime.

You will not have the support of leadership.

Leadership will run, duck and leave you out to dry.

Plan on doing more than accounting because the operations are poorly managed -- so you'll do the work that the others don't do so you can eventually do – more... the accounting.

It will not take long to figure out the corruption.

Document everything.

Ask, then learn, why the previous accounting employees are gone over the past years.

Run, run and run quickly to find another place to work. – less
Worst place I've ever worked
Client Care Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours with low pay and horrible work environment
Just about everyone is salary which means long hours low pay. The management SUCKS. They never want your input on department changes, they do not support or assist you when you need help, they have no integrity, they encourage being candid but can't handle when you do not agree with changes they've made, they are not accountable for their actions, and – more... they do not respect their employees. During company layoffs they laid off 250 people, then hired all new people, paid them half of what they laid off employees were making, and when asked why they do not choose to rehire previously laid off employees it is said that they are not qualified. – less
Not a good place to work
Client Care Administrator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2014
No life work balance
Little room for advancement
Expect you to work overtime
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative/Forms Designer (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 24, 2014
Productive environment where I learned a lot about the business world and how to work with clients on a long term basis
very bad working enviroment, from the office to the warehouse
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good entry level pay good hours
Cons: no room for advancement
I found standard register not to be a safe forklift enviroment, and a place full of disgruntled workers who had not been given a raise in five years. the was expressed daily by warehouse and office personel.
holiday gatherings,vacation,respectful peers, long term envolvments,
prepress tech (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: dinners, outings, trainings, clean safe enviroment, friendly folks, respectful
Daily start up consist of compairing previous days schedule to what each press has completed or is WIP. Review future work orders and see what supplies will be needed to produce each one,then proceed to setting up orders to keep the team running.

I have learned to the improtance of communication, to organize and handle a verity of functions at any – more... given time.

I work and have worked a bunch of good folks sense working in the printing field, Had very good leaders and some that well they where out of place.

As for dislikes none really nothing that sticks in my mind, i have been truley happy with my rolls in the printing industry, I spint most my early years in machine shops, and got in to printing to have a break from it and found myself on a 22yr break lol.

The hardest part of this job is watching end and see my fellow workers move on. I hostly have nothing negative to say about it.

I am in a postion where i and solely responsable for a team and have enjoyed it to the point i have turned down better paying jobs, i have 12 operators depending on me daily and letting them down just wouldn't set well with me.

I started out dumpimg trash and handling recycling,then to warehouse using forklifts of many types, to having my own desk and team that needs me on my toe each day of the week.

The displacement of this job is only reason i am seeking another one and a career change is more of a personal goal for myself. – less
Overworked and understaffed...constant transition
Designer (Current Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: health, eye and dental benefits, multiple locations
Cons: cutting back on fringe benefits in return for keeping employees
In comparison to other corporations of this size, benefits are about par and salary is too. Most employees don't understand the main business decisions and place more emphasis on ethics. This company does have good ethics, but when it comes down to the bottom line of making a profit, ethics are not a priority. If you want more ethics, go with a mom – more... & pop business, but be reminded you won't get any healthcare AND you probably can't stay employed long. Not to say the SR hasn't had its labor cuts. For the most part, if you do a good job, are consistent with quality, and stay busy with work related activities, you will be kept. – less
excellent place to work
Press operator Helper (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: company went out of buisnes
management let you do your job without a lot of hassle great co-workers
Fast Paced, Highly Detail Oriented Position
Service Studio Representative (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: high stress
Standard Register is a relatively good place to work. In recent years with the turn over, each person's roles and responsibilities changed frequently. For the most part management seemed to be on the side of those reporting to them - providing an ear and/or solutions to a problem.
Another long-standing Dayton based company going down the drain
N/A (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: low morale, no job security, terrible management
Management plays favorites. Promises made are never kept. Overtime has to be approved, and never is. Constant closing of plants and lay offs. Standard Register purchased WorkflowOne and the integration has been terrible. Two completely different cultures trying to merge into one. Customer service sucks - the customer service employees are under-trained – more... and overworked. Morale is terrible. Every week, good employees are either being laid off, leaving for better jobs or having their compensation plans cut. Benefits aren't very good. Haven't had a match on 401K in years. I was just hired in May and am currently looking for work elsewhere. – less
A Company in transition
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), FLAugust 26, 2014
Not a stable organization. Objectives are not being consistent from managment
Sales focused company
Corporate Forms Designer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PA, Boston, MA, Tolland, CTAugust 17, 2014
Main focus is on sales, other areas can be over looked so it's hard to sometimes feel like you are being listened to and valued.
Easy work environment
Kitter (Current Employee), Avon, MAAugust 5, 2014
the work environment is very relaxed and the people are fun to be around. The work load varies depending on the day, just as any job.
Very good company to work for.
Warehousemen Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: very good company good people
Cons: temporary no benefits
Fast Paced company, Nice People, Decent pay Great work environment
SR is on the downward spiral.
Design Specialist (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAJuly 22, 2014
As stated in Review Summary, Standard Register is on the downward spiral, rapidly approaching meltdown.
Typical Day
Project Manager, Design & Production Artist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2014
Typical day is making our client, Liberty Mutual happy. I plan, create, edit websites, and design variable data areas. I've learned a great about IT, management skills, learned how to coordinate and plan projects to meet strict deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and supply my clients with fast turn times and getting them – more... the materials that they need to be able to do their own jobs. – less
Good place to work for the independent worker.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Middlebury, VTJune 6, 2014
I supervised 100 people and work load, plus over saw 15 supervisors
The only thing bad about it was the hours.
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJune 4, 2014
Never new what to expect.How to run Printing Presses. Good.Good.Getting all the ink out of your clothes.Producing good quality work.
it was ok
Customer Accounting and Invoicing Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 20, 2014
sent invoices to customers and businesses. This company was micro manage.

1 2 3 4 5

About Standard Register

When it comes to managing communication, The Standard Register Company (SRC) helps businesses maintain a certain set of standards. SRC – Read more