Standard Register

Standard Register Employee Reviews

Focused on Print
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good commited co-workers
Cons: Lack of commitment to vision for future; salaries stagnant
In the 2 years with Standard Register, there is plenty of talk about growth and being value-add provider, but at the end of the day, it is about putting ink on paper. Management is committed to print – more... in a commodity market and not to a transformative vision that it so needs to compete in the technology/marketing space. Process needs plenty of improvement and it truly is through the dedication of the front line employees that this company succeeds. Get a good salary from the start as performance reviews don't change anything and even advancing doesn't result in an increase, just a new title and more responsibilities. – less
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 19, 2015
Pros: The very best people in the industry!
Cons: challenging industry in a digital era!
Standard Register was a very fun place to work with people committed to moving the company in a positive direction. I learned so much in my tenure from a single computer shared by 4 other people in a small office to the modern office setting with email and CRM software to manage individual customer encounters.
family work place
team lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 14, 2015
Pros: vacations
Cons: went out of business
it was one of my first jobs in Memphis and it was a great place to work made a few friend learned a few different things like picking, packing, driving a fork lift and how to unload trucks.
Old line manufacturing company, slow to change and see the need for such.
Director of Six Sigma and Customer Satisfaction (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 24, 2015
Though espousing strong support for desperately needed continuous improvement activities, the entrenched culture of moving slowly and resistance to change tended to prevent the necessary acceleration of improvements to exceed customer expectations with quality, cost and delivery.
Not stable
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great management at local location
Cons: Pay and stability
The company is going through a bankruptcy and is not very stable. The compensation is not very good and there is no room for advancement,
great variety on the job
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Tolland, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: smoking office
Printing Company had my own book of business based on territories. Setting up any new products ie checks, deposit slips, etc. Working and coordinating with the Prep, Press, and Shipping Departments for timely order completion.
fun place to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), dayton ohioMay 7, 2015
great place to work would go back if i had the chance to great people to work with i like the management and great people to work with.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst/Product Owner (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 27, 2015
Lots of room for growth and advancement. Schedule is flexible and great. Room for raises. Management easy to work with.
Very Productive work environment. Upper Management very helpful
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Grove City, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits best i ever have seen.
Cons: being publictly traded company on the downfall, rasies were scarce at best
I spent over 10yrs at SRC and enjoyed my overall experience with them. They gave me my first opportunity to manage people and I am forever grateful. Co-workers were outstanding and the culture was great to breed productive but fun environment.
was productive and wish it didn't close
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee), Tolland, CT.April 18, 2015
Pros: not bad place to work and I liked most of the people
Cons: place is closing down
Standard Register was an alright place to work, people were alright also. I feel I learned quite a bit from the company and probably would have stayed until retirement if the place hadn't closed down.
Productive workplace
Material Handler/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 12, 2015
Pros: Managment, employees
Cons: no advancement
Good managment, great employees, respectable managers, always work to be done. Great relationship with ups next door. Everyday is a new task.
Bankruptcy Filed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2015
Not a great company to work for. Some individuals were great to work with but overall it was a terrible company to work for.
Fast pace environment with high volume of orders daily.
Bindery Team Lead-Supervisor (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 24, 2015
24 hours a day 5 days a week operation with approximately 1250 orders daily.The company is currently in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and the near future is unknown.
I like the flexability and my coworkers.
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
I like the flexability and my coworkers. Management has gotten a little better since the time I started but I have had several managers within my 3 years of being here. Compensation is not what it should be for everything they dump on you to do.
great if you just need a job, horrible place for a career
press operator (Former Employee), goshenMarch 17, 2015
extremely limited benefits, no progressive raises, cost of living raises, no 401K, poor leadership, excessive upper management, old and decrepit machinery, understaffed production workforce, current workforce overworked, current workforce averages over 50 years old and most will be retiring soon with no plan to replace said workers.
Great place to learn
Project Coordinator, Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2015
A company that has been in Dayton, OH for over 100 years. The greatest part about this company is the great number of people who work at the company who are friendly and candid, and genuinely care about the good of others and improving the company.
Team oriented and Respectfull workplace
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee), Tolland, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: communication
With almost 2 years at Standard register it has been my pleasure to work with so many knowledgable fun and respectful people who really care about doing what it takes to deliver the best product to their customers with alot of pride in what they do every day.

The hardest part of working Standard Register will be saying goodbye.
I enjoyed working with others.
Pre-press technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learning the printing industry
Cons: taking a 10% pay cut in 2008, no raise in 8 years, lack of benefits.
My day generally started, checking on the jobs that were on the presses. Then reviewing jobs coming up. While checking on the computer, jobs that needed to be shipped that day, or the next. To see that – more... the material was available and prepared for up coming jobs.
My co-workers were like Family. Most of the employees had worked there at least 20 years. The productive workers, worked great together, as most had many years of experience. However management had very little knowledge of what or how jobs were being produced.

The hardest part of the job was Closing the Plant down,after working there over 30 years. Our Company had been bought out and shut down.

I was able to not only work with my co-workers efficiently, but was able to learn things about them, and their Families.
Knowing the people and being able to work together made my job more enjoyable. – less
team work- under pressure
Production Administrator (Former Employee), Adrian, MIFebruary 8, 2015
I would have stayed there till I retired, I loved my job, they closed the facility. Printing industry - very busy, very satisfying, good team that got the work out when needed.
Professional Company setting
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), Westampton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work was full of learning and driving various types of warehouse equipment. I learned how to run a shipping area manually and through computers management helped me every step of the way. My co-workers were just as enthusiastic as I was about learning. The hardest part of the job was being efficient with so much product. The most enjoyable part of the was learning and growing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Standard Register

When it comes to managing communication, The Standard Register Company (SRC) helps businesses maintain a certain set of standards. SRC – Read more

Standard Register Salaries