Standard Register

Standard Register Employee Reviews

great variety on the job
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Tolland, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: smoking office
Printing Company had my own book of business based on territories. Setting up any new products ie checks, deposit slips, etc. Working and coordinating with the Prep, Press, and Shipping Departments for timely order completion.
fun place to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), dayton ohioMay 7, 2015
great place to work would go back if i had the chance to great people to work with i like the management and great people to work with.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst/Product Owner (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 27, 2015
Lots of room for growth and advancement. Schedule is flexible and great. Room for raises. Management easy to work with.
Very Productive work environment. Upper Management very helpful
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Grove City, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits best i ever have seen.
Cons: being publictly traded company on the downfall, rasies were scarce at best
I spent over 10yrs at SRC and enjoyed my overall experience with them. They gave me my first opportunity to manage people and I am forever grateful. Co-workers were outstanding and the culture was great to breed productive but fun environment.
was productive and wish it didn't close
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee), Tolland, CT.April 18, 2015
Pros: not bad place to work and I liked most of the people
Cons: place is closing down
Standard Register was an alright place to work, people were alright also. I feel I learned quite a bit from the company and probably would have stayed until retirement if the place hadn't closed down.
Productive workplace
Material Handler/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 12, 2015
Pros: Managment, employees
Cons: no advancement
Good managment, great employees, respectable managers, always work to be done. Great relationship with ups next door. Everyday is a new task.
Bankruptcy Filed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2015
Not a great company to work for. Some individuals were great to work with but overall it was a terrible company to work for.
Fast pace environment with high volume of orders daily.
Bindery Team Lead-Supervisor (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 24, 2015
24 hours a day 5 days a week operation with approximately 1250 orders daily.The company is currently in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and the near future is unknown.
I like the flexability and my coworkers.
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
I like the flexability and my coworkers. Management has gotten a little better since the time I started but I have had several managers within my 3 years of being here. Compensation is not what it should be for everything they dump on you to do.
great if you just need a job, horrible place for a career
press operator (Former Employee), goshenMarch 17, 2015
extremely limited benefits, no progressive raises, cost of living raises, no 401K, poor leadership, excessive upper management, old and decrepit machinery, understaffed production workforce, current workforce overworked, current workforce averages over 50 years old and most will be retiring soon with no plan to replace said workers.
Great place to learn
Project Coordinator, Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2015
A company that has been in Dayton, OH for over 100 years. The greatest part about this company is the great number of people who work at the company who are friendly and candid, and genuinely care about the good of others and improving the company.
Team oriented and Respectfull workplace
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee), Tolland, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: communication
With almost 2 years at Standard register it has been my pleasure to work with so many knowledgable fun and respectful people who really care about doing what it takes to deliver the best product to their customers with alot of pride in what they do every day.

The hardest part of working Standard Register will be saying goodbye.
I enjoyed working with others.
Pre-press technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learning the printing industry
Cons: taking a 10% pay cut in 2008, no raise in 8 years, lack of benefits.
My day generally started, checking on the jobs that were on the presses. Then reviewing jobs coming up. While checking on the computer, jobs that needed to be shipped that day, or the next. To see that the material was available and prepared for up coming jobs.
My co-workers were like Family. Most of the employees had worked there at least 20 years. The productive workers, worked great together, as most had many years of experience. However management had very little knowledge of what or how jobs were being produced.

The hardest part of the job was Closing the Plant down,after working there over 30 years. Our Company had been bought out and shut down.

I was able to not only work with my co-workers efficiently, but was able to learn things about them, and their Families.
Knowing the people and being able to work together made my job more enjoyable.
team work- under pressure
Production Administrator (Former Employee), Adrian, MIFebruary 8, 2015
I would have stayed there till I retired, I loved my job, they closed the facility. Printing industry - very busy, very satisfying, good team that got the work out when needed.
Professional Company setting
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), Westampton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work was full of learning and driving various types of warehouse equipment. I learned how to run a shipping area manually and through computers management helped me every step of the way. My co-workers were just as enthusiastic as I was about learning. The hardest part of the job was being efficient with so much product. The most enjoyable part of the was learning and growing.
great company
specialty machine operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 25, 2015
love the job hate the town I ran 5 different machines and the job was putting stickers on papers for dmvs around the country
Great job
Press Operator (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FlJanuary 22, 2015
Based on my work strong ethics, I was approached by management within a few months of my employment to fill the recently vacated shift supervisor's role. In this role was able to implement changes that made it easier for employees to complete their work and created a better work environment which was appreciated by both management and employees.
Wonderful place to work
Design Team Leader (Current Employee), Toccoa, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: unknown
This is a great company! They understand family comes first and encourage volunteering to help the community. They offer flex time for doc appointments. They pay is competitive. Benefits could be more but acceptable.
a typical day at work i've learn how to work different thing such as rewinder stitcher folder collating and other jobs management was good i thought
Bindery operator (Former Employee), charlotte ncJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great co-worker
Cons: closing the charlotte nc plant :-(
Printing company we did lot of thing in there we stitch fold glue cut rewnder etc.
Normal hour monday thru friday sometime overtime i worked in to department i kept busy they teached me aalot
it was a good company to work for when i was workflowone i felt secure at first they sold company then i got displace i'm going to miss working there great co-worker and supervisor i have learned alot
working for this company and hope that what i have learned help me get farther
Printing Company
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Tolland, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: paid time off / floating holidays and sick time.
Cons: health insurance was not the best.
Typical day consist of the Inspection of various types of Financial documents for banks, hospitals, insurance companies.
I learned about the printing industry, micr readings, color of documents, size requirements, numbering of documents.
Management was good to work with, helped me a lot in the process of learning a new and different type of work.
Most were good to work with, worked as a team when the need arose.
The hardest part of the job was learning what was acceptable and what was not when you have never worked in printing before.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and making new friends, and learning from them what they know about the printing environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Standard Register

When it comes to managing communication, The Standard Register Company (SRC) helps businesses maintain a certain set of standards. SRC – Read more

Standard Register Salaries