Standard Register Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Product
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2016
Poor product and poor leadership; management is quick to throw you under the bus. Company is lucky to survive Ch. 11. No opportunities for advancement.
Excellent Company to be a part of
General Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMarch 30, 2016
Overall an excellent company to be a part of!!! I learned an array of

skill. My manager was always there when I required assistance or

by simply making me not feel like just an employee.
Standard Register
Client Manager / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 22, 2016
Company is not stable and filed for bankrupcy. This made it difficult working with vendors, which were already limited. For some employees, this was the second filing.
Pros
Great Management relationships
Cons
Financial problems
Frustrating Environment with Non-Competitive Wages
Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  AmericaJanuary 28, 2016
I have learned that this place is where your career goes to die. Well over a decade in the same position, practically shackled to my current role due to the quality of my work and my expertise. There is absolutely no room for advancement. Ever. Pay raises are merit-based and never seem to happen despite glowing reviews. Missed significant raises for more than 3 consecutive years despite excellent reviews. Bonuses are also non-existent unless you are upper management, sales, or part of a manufacturing facility.
Insurance benefits are expensive.
Wages are absolutely non-competitive for the skills I possess, years of experience, and years of commitment.
Fellow associates outside of my team basically have you do their job for them due to lack of drive to succeed or lack of learning and comprehension ability. No one seems to know how to do their job on a day-to-day basis. Many associates love to dodge responsibility with no care about honesty, the customer, or simply getting the job done correctly. They are more interested in clocking in, placing blame, avoiding solving problems, then escaping at the end of the day.
The hardest part of the job is working blind (never provided all the information that you need to do your job correctly) and dealing with obstinate coworkers who seem unable to do their jobs--at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your work all over the world and working with a select group of great people who some how seem to be immune to the toxic corporate culture--some employees there actually do care.
People's personal agendas and egos seem to
  more... have priority over the customer.
Despite the negative comments, there are a lot of great people who work for this company. The problem is finding them. And sometimes these great people are just not good workers or may not be well-suited to the task.
Pros
My Manager is incredible, though shackled by corporate
Cons
Lack of Intelligence. Toxic Corporate Culture, Low Wages (for skills and years of experience)
This was the very best experience from 2004 to 2010
Lead Operator, Digital Color Reproduction (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Lots of change here,like working in a blender. Always worked on the newest color presses Xerox had to offer even the duds. The management was in constant flux like NFL coaches coming and going. I was in my 50's and had credibility it was fun to be the rock.
Still in touch with friends. Some of the best years of my life.
nothing
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2015
pulled orders.packed.loaded,unload trucks.shipping.got along well with co-workers and management.went from having 6 to 8 people to only me.then closed.nothing was hard.
This is a decent job but the off schedule
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2015
There is no advancement avail in maint . trouble calls on any equip. in the plant P>M> all presses Monitor production where needed , 5s ,project work etc prod. and facility maint.
Loved the place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAOctober 21, 2015
If i could go back i would...
This place allows you to move up in the company, thats whats so great about it. I just wish it wash more jobs in toccoa area.
Enjoy the job and people
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 8, 2015
Since coming to Dayton in November of 1998 I have enjoyed working at Standard Register. I have had the opportunity to work with many dedicated individuals. I enjoy being able to provide excellent support and service to the users of the systems I support. I have been a loyal and productive employee during my career.

I am looking for new opportunities and challenges at another Dayton area business. Looking for a job with good benefits and the ability to advance.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, able to work from home
Cons
Benefits have declined, very few raises
Unorganized in a lot of areas
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 30, 2015
I worked for Standard Register for 7 years, there was no room for advancement and management did not listen to my concerns.
Pros
Free lunches duringn training
Cons
No raises
Stressful
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 22, 2015
The compensation is great for the area, but the environment is very stressful and negative. Executive management is very top heavy.
Very fun place to work
Picker/ Shipper (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAAugust 10, 2015
Great and fun place to work for, boss and employees were easy going. Also another free flowing place, do what we had to do to get our job done.
great teamwork
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTAugust 4, 2015
taking phone calls from group sales and customers. checking status where the product is located in the print or shipping area. handling new products ie: designing the format a customer wants for the banking slips, checks and other financial docs. responsible for sending the layout, press and prep instructions
Pros
great employees
Cons
traveling to work in the snow
Professional Yet Laid Back Envioronment
Customer Communications - Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Standard Register. It was a high-functioning, at times stressful job that always pushed me beyond what I thought I could do. The environment was professional yet laid back and I enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. If I ever had an issue I felt I could talk to any of them to get assistance and just about anyone would bend over backwards to do so. I enjoyed the customers and sales reps that I assisted and will forever usethe skills I learned here for the rest of my life, those experiences to me are invaluable.

The hardest thing about my time with the company was about 6 months into my employment there the company had to file bankruptcy, which made my future job security very questionable.
Pros
Great management, hard working co-workers, laid back and fun yet professional environment, ability to work virtually as needed
Cons
Corporate buyout, lack of job security and advancement
Sold to Taylor Corporation in Bankruptcy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 29, 2015
Closing and looking for another job due to plant closing. Was handled very poorly by management in both companies. Upper management is disconnected with subordinates.
Corporate Restructuring
operator (Former Employee) –  m, TNJuly 24, 2015
Why hire 100 new people to start shutting down plants?

Only to sell the company and then cut the new people that you just hired on?

Why would the person doing all the hiring as head of a plant resign after hiring a bunch of people?

I am sure they will stabilize and do a better job; however, at the moment the leadership that is in between the new owner and the old company is expendable as well as all the new hires without years of experience, unfortunately.

Drastic changes are headed toward Standard Register.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Leadership and planning
Poor Management
pressman (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, OHJuly 21, 2015
Management is poor at this company which back in March filed bancrupcy. Bought by Taylor corp in July. They eliminated my position, which is completely understandable, however it was a classless move to inform me while I was on vacation. They could have waited three more days until I returned. I am not completely upset as I have gained valuable experience that I intend to use again.
Challenging and rewarding
Client Care Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 20, 2015
Fast paced, enjoyable at times stressful. Enjoyed Coworkers and really enjoyed Customers. Worked there 13 years. Until the district office was closed.
Not a good place to work, a place where your career goes to die.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
If i could give advice to everyone, do not work for Standard Register. It is a very depressing place to work, they treat you like scum and try to make your work life as hard as possible. The upper management have no idea what they are doing and are just trying to do what they can so they can keep their job. Please do not work for SR if you can help it.
Pros
Teamwork, friendly/helpful people, decent pay
Cons
clock in and out, they have very tedious ways of doing things
Productive and interesting place to work.
Production Control Specialist I for the Charlotte (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, North CarolinaJune 26, 2015
Standard Register is a leading North American supplier of integrated communications to healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and retail companies.