Standard Register Employee Reviews

Corporate Restructuring
operator (Former Employee), m, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good work environment.
Cons: Leadership and planning
Why hire 100 new people to start shutting down plants?

Only to sell the company and then cut the new people that you just hired on?

Why would the person doing all the hiring as head of a plant resign after hiring a bunch of people?

I am sure they will stabilize and do a better job; however, at the moment the leadership that is in between the new owner and the old company is expendable as well as all the new hires without years of experience, unfortunately.

Drastic changes are headed toward Standard Register.
Poor Management
pressman (Former Employee), Coldwater, OHJuly 21, 2015
Management is poor at this company which back in March filed bancrupcy. Bought by Taylor corp in July. They eliminated my position, which is completely understandable, however it was a classless move to inform me while I was on vacation. They could have waited three more days until I returned. I am not completely upset as I have gained valuable experience that I intend to use again.
Challenging and rewarding
Client Care Administrator (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJuly 20, 2015
Fast paced, enjoyable at times stressful. Enjoyed Coworkers and really enjoyed Customers. Worked there 13 years. Until the district office was closed.
Not a good place to work, a place where your career goes to die.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, friendly/helpful people, decent pay
Cons: clock in and out, they have very tedious ways of doing things
If i could give advice to everyone, do not work for Standard Register. It is a very depressing place to work, they treat you like scum and try to make your work life as hard as possible. The upper management have no idea what they are doing and are just trying to do what they can so they can keep their job. Please do not work for SR if you can help it.
Productive and interesting place to work.
Production Control Specialist I for the Charlotte (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaJune 26, 2015
Standard Register is a leading North American supplier of integrated communications to healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and retail companies.
Focused on Print
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good commited co-workers
Cons: Lack of commitment to vision for future; salaries stagnant
In the 2 years with Standard Register, there is plenty of talk about growth and being value-add provider, but at the end of the day, it is about putting ink on paper. Management is committed to print in a commodity market and not to a transformative vision that it so needs to compete in the technology/marketing space. Process needs plenty of improvement and it truly is through the dedication of the front line employees that this company succeeds. Get a good salary from the start as performance reviews don't change anything and even advancing doesn't result in an increase, just a new title and more responsibilities.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 19, 2015
Pros: The very best people in the industry!
Cons: challenging industry in a digital era!
Standard Register was a very fun place to work with people committed to moving the company in a positive direction. I learned so much in my tenure from a single computer shared by 4 other people in a small office to the modern office setting with email and CRM software to manage individual customer encounters.
family work place
team lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 14, 2015
Pros: vacations
Cons: went out of business
it was one of my first jobs in Memphis and it was a great place to work made a few friend learned a few different things like picking, packing, driving a fork lift and how to unload trucks.
Old line manufacturing company, slow to change and see the need for such.
Director of Six Sigma and Customer Satisfaction (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 24, 2015
Though espousing strong support for desperately needed continuous improvement activities, the entrenched culture of moving slowly and resistance to change tended to prevent the necessary acceleration of improvements to exceed customer expectations with quality, cost and delivery.
Not stable
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great management at local location
Cons: Pay and stability
The company is going through a bankruptcy and is not very stable. The compensation is not very good and there is no room for advancement,
great variety on the job
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Tolland, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: smoking office
Printing Company had my own book of business based on territories. Setting up any new products ie checks, deposit slips, etc. Working and coordinating with the Prep, Press, and Shipping Departments for timely order completion.
fun place to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), dayton ohioMay 7, 2015
great place to work would go back if i had the chance to great people to work with i like the management and great people to work with.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst/Product Owner (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 27, 2015
Lots of room for growth and advancement. Schedule is flexible and great. Room for raises. Management easy to work with.
Very Productive work environment. Upper Management very helpful
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Grove City, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits best i ever have seen.
Cons: being publictly traded company on the downfall, rasies were scarce at best
I spent over 10yrs at SRC and enjoyed my overall experience with them. They gave me my first opportunity to manage people and I am forever grateful. Co-workers were outstanding and the culture was great to breed productive but fun environment.
was productive and wish it didn't close
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee), Tolland, CT.April 18, 2015
Pros: not bad place to work and I liked most of the people
Cons: place is closing down
Standard Register was an alright place to work, people were alright also. I feel I learned quite a bit from the company and probably would have stayed until retirement if the place hadn't closed down.
Productive workplace
Material Handler/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 12, 2015
Pros: Managment, employees
Cons: no advancement
Good managment, great employees, respectable managers, always work to be done. Great relationship with ups next door. Everyday is a new task.
Bankruptcy Filed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2015
Not a great company to work for. Some individuals were great to work with but overall it was a terrible company to work for.
Fast pace environment with high volume of orders daily.
Bindery Team Lead-Supervisor (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 24, 2015
24 hours a day 5 days a week operation with approximately 1250 orders daily.The company is currently in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and the near future is unknown.
I like the flexability and my coworkers.
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
I like the flexability and my coworkers. Management has gotten a little better since the time I started but I have had several managers within my 3 years of being here. Compensation is not what it should be for everything they dump on you to do.
great if you just need a job, horrible place for a career
press operator (Former Employee), goshenMarch 17, 2015
extremely limited benefits, no progressive raises, cost of living raises, no 401K, poor leadership, excessive upper management, old and decrepit machinery, understaffed production workforce, current workforce overworked, current workforce averages over 50 years old and most will be retiring soon with no plan to replace said workers.