Standard Register Employee Reviews

great paying job
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN 37130October 24, 2016
a typical day at work was to check customer order. set up printing press according to customers specifications and check quality to keep waste down.
Pros
good pay and close to home
Cons
machines were old, management didnt care to fix problems
top notch company
bsuiness develpment manager (Former Employee) –  SE USAugust 24, 2016
great experience learning and excelling in a fantastic sales environment. the sales and sale management training was state of thee art
Pros
excellent income
Cons
on the road too much away from my family
Easy and fast to learn
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 19, 2016
Pretty great environment.
Temporary assignment
No room for improvement for temporary employee
Great co workers and management was pretty good.
Printing in a fast-paced environment
Variable Data Programmer (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 26, 2016
Tight deadlines with customers and trying to conform to the standards that they are expecting their printed piece to be
Pros
Challenges to get it right.
Cons
Tight deadlines.
Press assistant
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Rode around on a stand up fork truck and pulled rolls of paper for others. Kept the jobs going for others. Good people and management to work for
Printing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2016
Most enjoyable part is every day was different new challenges daily. Great people to work with treated like family. Liked the hours Pay and Benefits.
my life at standard
printing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 16, 2016
When I started and the next 25 yrs. were so great. after that in went down hill. I loved my work and was proud to be an employee of such a great co. The last 8 yrs was day by day until the bankruptcy. I had chances to bail out but thought it would come back.
Day to day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 11, 2016
Machine operator, warehouse environment ,management was great with employers.co workers are helpful. learned how to operate machines and print mail.
Nice co-workers, poor executive level
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
Co-workers kept me coming back to work each day, executive team made numerous poor investments and failed to provide accurate expectations for sales and how to achieve them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
C-Level executives, poor account planning, bad investments
Poor Product
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2016
Poor product and poor leadership; management is quick to throw you under the bus. Company is lucky to survive Ch. 11. No opportunities for advancement.
Review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 25, 2016
On a day to day basis I make sure my clients work is completed from start to finish. I work closely with production and my client to make sure there jobs are being done correctly. I run reports to figure forecasting for my client and make sure their billing is up to date and accurate.
Excellent Company to be a part of
General Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMarch 30, 2016
Overall an excellent company to be a part of!!! I learned an array of

skill. My manager was always there when I required assistance or

by simply making me not feel like just an employee.
Standard Register
Client Manager / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 22, 2016
Company is not stable and filed for bankrupcy. This made it difficult working with vendors, which were already limited. For some employees, this was the second filing.
Pros
Great Management relationships
Cons
Financial problems
Frustrating Environment with Non-Competitive Wages
Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  AmericaJanuary 28, 2016
I have learned that this place is where your career goes to die. Well over a decade in the same position, practically shackled to my current role due to the quality of my work and my expertise. There is absolutely no room for advancement. Ever. Pay raises are merit-based and never seem to happen despite glowing reviews. Missed significant raises for more than 3 consecutive years despite excellent reviews. Bonuses are also non-existent unless you are upper management, sales, or part of a manufacturing facility.
Insurance benefits are expensive.
Wages are absolutely non-competitive for the skills I possess, years of experience, and years of commitment.
Fellow associates outside of my team basically have you do their job for them due to lack of drive to succeed or lack of learning and comprehension ability. No one seems to know how to do their job on a day-to-day basis. Many associates love to dodge responsibility with no care about honesty, the customer, or simply getting the job done correctly. They are more interested in clocking in, placing blame, avoiding solving problems, then escaping at the end of the day.
The hardest part of the job is working blind (never provided all the information that you need to do your job correctly) and dealing with obstinate coworkers who seem unable to do their jobs--at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your work all over the world and working with a select group of great people who some how seem to be immune to the toxic corporate culture--some employees there actually do care.
People's personal agendas and egos seem to
  more... have priority over the customer.
Despite the negative comments, there are a lot of great people who work for this company. The problem is finding them. And sometimes these great people are just not good workers or may not be well-suited to the task.
Pros
My Manager is incredible, though shackled by corporate
Cons
Lack of Intelligence. Toxic Corporate Culture, Low Wages (for skills and years of experience)
This was the very best experience from 2004 to 2010
Lead Operator, Digital Color Reproduction (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Lots of change here,like working in a blender. Always worked on the newest color presses Xerox had to offer even the duds. The management was in constant flux like NFL coaches coming and going. I was in my 50's and had credibility it was fun to be the rock.
Still in touch with friends. Some of the best years of my life.
nothing
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2015
pulled orders.packed.loaded,unload trucks.shipping.got along well with co-workers and management.went from having 6 to 8 people to only me.then closed.nothing was hard.
This is a decent job but the off schedule
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2015
There is no advancement avail in maint . trouble calls on any equip. in the plant P>M> all presses Monitor production where needed , 5s ,project work etc prod. and facility maint.
Loved the place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAOctober 21, 2015
If i could go back i would...
This place allows you to move up in the company, thats whats so great about it. I just wish it wash more jobs in toccoa area.
Enjoy the job and people
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 8, 2015
Since coming to Dayton in November of 1998 I have enjoyed working at Standard Register. I have had the opportunity to work with many dedicated individuals. I enjoy being able to provide excellent support and service to the users of the systems I support. I have been a loyal and productive employee during my career.

I am looking for new opportunities and challenges at another Dayton area business. Looking for a job with good benefits and the ability to advance.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, able to work from home
Cons
Benefits have declined, very few raises
Unorganized in a lot of areas
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 30, 2015
I worked for Standard Register for 7 years, there was no room for advancement and management did not listen to my concerns.
Pros
Free lunches duringn training
Cons
No raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Register. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8