Standard Register

Standard Register Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Project Coordinator, Customer Service (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2015
A company that has been in Dayton, OH for over 100 years. The greatest part about this company is the great number of people who work at the company who are friendly and candid, and genuinely care about the good of others and improving the company.
Team oriented and Respectfull workplace
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee), Tolland, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: communication
With almost 2 years at Standard register it has been my pleasure to work with so many knowledgable fun and respectful people who really care about doing what it takes to deliver the best product to their customers with alot of pride in what they do every day.

The hardest part of working Standard Register will be saying goodbye.
I enjoyed working with others.
Pre-press technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learning the printing industry
Cons: taking a 10% pay cut in 2008, no raise in 8 years, lack of benefits.
My day generally started, checking on the jobs that were on the presses. Then reviewing jobs coming up. While checking on the computer, jobs that needed to be shipped that day, or the next. To see that the material was available and prepared for up coming jobs.
My co-workers were like Family. Most of the employees had worked there at least 20 years. The productive workers, worked great together, as most had many years of experience. However management had very little knowledge of what or how jobs were being produced.

The hardest part of the job was Closing the Plant down,after working there over 30 years. Our Company had been bought out and shut down.

I was able to not only work with my co-workers efficiently, but was able to learn things about them, and their Families.
Knowing the people and being able to work together made my job more enjoyable.
team work- under pressure
Production Administrator (Former Employee), Adrian, MIFebruary 8, 2015
I would have stayed there till I retired, I loved my job, they closed the facility. Printing industry - very busy, very satisfying, good team that got the work out when needed.
Professional Company setting
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), Westampton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work was full of learning and driving various types of warehouse equipment. I learned how to run a shipping area manually and through computers management helped me every step of the way. My co-workers were just as enthusiastic as I was about learning. The hardest part of the job was being efficient with so much product. The most enjoyable part of the was learning and growing.
great company
specialty machine operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 25, 2015
love the job hate the town I ran 5 different machines and the job was putting stickers on papers for dmvs around the country
Great job
Press Operator (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FlJanuary 22, 2015
Based on my work strong ethics, I was approached by management within a few months of my employment to fill the recently vacated shift supervisor's role. In this role was able to implement changes that made it easier for employees to complete their work and created a better work environment which was appreciated by both management and employees.
Wonderful place to work
Design Team Leader (Current Employee), Toccoa, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: unknown
This is a great company! They understand family comes first and encourage volunteering to help the community. They offer flex time for doc appointments. They pay is competitive. Benefits could be more but acceptable.
a typical day at work i've learn how to work different thing such as rewinder stitcher folder collating and other jobs management was good i thought
Bindery operator (Former Employee), charlotte ncJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great co-worker
Cons: closing the charlotte nc plant :-(
Printing company we did lot of thing in there we stitch fold glue cut rewnder etc.
Normal hour monday thru friday sometime overtime i worked in to department i kept busy they teached me aalot
it was a good company to work for when i was workflowone i felt secure at first they sold company then i got displace i'm going to miss working there great co-worker and supervisor i have learned alot
working for this company and hope that what i have learned help me get farther
Printing Company
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Tolland, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: paid time off / floating holidays and sick time.
Cons: health insurance was not the best.
Typical day consist of the Inspection of various types of Financial documents for banks, hospitals, insurance companies.
I learned about the printing industry, micr readings, color of documents, size requirements, numbering of documents.
Management was good to work with, helped me a lot in the process of learning a new and different type of work.
Most were good to work with, worked as a team when the need arose.
The hardest part of the job was learning what was acceptable and what was not when you have never worked in printing before.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and making new friends, and learning from them what they know about the printing environment.
Very educational about printing industry
Systems Analyst & Second Shift Scheduler (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INDecember 16, 2014
The job that I interviewed for was not the one I received once I signed up with the company. Lack of structure and eroding printing industry led to a very dog eat dog environment. Although I learned a lot from this experience and gained new skills I wouldn't recommend the printing realm for a career.
Accounting professionals -- don't work here
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), MurfreesboroNovember 24, 2014
No current accounting system.

Highly manual accounting process.

You will work the most overtime.

You will not have the support of leadership.

Leadership will run, duck and leave you out to dry.

Plan on doing more than accounting because the operations are poorly managed -- so you'll do the work that the others don't do so you can eventually do the accounting.

It will not take long to figure out the corruption.

Document everything.

Ask, then learn, why the previous accounting employees are gone over the past years.

Run, run and run quickly to find another place to work.
Worst place I've ever worked
Client Care Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours with low pay and horrible work environment
Just about everyone is salary which means long hours low pay. The management SUCKS. They never want your input on department changes, they do not support or assist you when you need help, they have no integrity, they encourage being candid but can't handle when you do not agree with changes they've made, they are not accountable for their actions, and they do not respect their employees. During company layoffs they laid off 250 people, then hired all new people, paid them half of what they laid off employees were making, and when asked why they do not choose to rehire previously laid off employees it is said that they are not qualified.
Not a good place to work
Client Care Administrator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2014
No life work balance
Little room for advancement
Expect you to work overtime
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative/Forms Designer (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 24, 2014
Productive environment where I learned a lot about the business world and how to work with clients on a long term basis
very bad working enviroment, from the office to the warehouse
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good entry level pay good hours
Cons: no room for advancement
I found standard register not to be a safe forklift enviroment, and a place full of disgruntled workers who had not been given a raise in five years. the was expressed daily by warehouse and office personel.
holiday gatherings,vacation,respectful peers, long term envolvments,
prepress tech (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: dinners, outings, trainings, clean safe enviroment, friendly folks, respectful
Daily start up consist of compairing previous days schedule to what each press has completed or is WIP. Review future work orders and see what supplies will be needed to produce each one,then proceed to setting up orders to keep the team running.

I have learned to the improtance of communication, to organize and handle a verity of functions at any given time.

I work and have worked a bunch of good folks sense working in the printing field, Had very good leaders and some that well they where out of place.

As for dislikes none really nothing that sticks in my mind, i have been truley happy with – more... my rolls in the printing industry, I spint most my early years in machine shops, and got in to printing to have a break from it and found myself on a 22yr break lol.

The hardest part of this job is watching end and see my fellow workers move on. I hostly have nothing negative to say about it.

I am in a postion where i and solely responsable for a team and have enjoyed it to the point i have turned down better paying jobs, i have 12 operators depending on me daily and letting them down just wouldn't set well with me.

I started out dumpimg trash and handling recycling,then to warehouse using forklifts of many types, to having my own desk and team that needs me on my toe each day of the week.

The displacement of this job is only reason i am seeking another one and a career change is more of a personal goal for myself. – less
Overworked and understaffed...constant transition
Designer (Current Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: health, eye and dental benefits, multiple locations
Cons: cutting back on fringe benefits in return for keeping employees
In comparison to other corporations of this size, benefits are about par and salary is too. Most employees don't understand the main business decisions and place more emphasis on ethics. This company does have good ethics, but when it comes down to the bottom line of making a profit, ethics are not a priority. If you want more ethics, go with a mom & pop business, but be reminded you won't get any healthcare AND you probably can't stay employed long. Not to say the SR hasn't had its labor cuts. For the most part, if you do a good job, are consistent with quality, and stay busy with work related activities, you will be kept.
excellent place to work
Press operator Helper (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: company went out of buisnes
management let you do your job without a lot of hassle great co-workers
Fast Paced, Highly Detail Oriented Position
Service Studio Representative (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: high stress
Standard Register is a relatively good place to work. In recent years with the turn over, each person's roles and responsibilities changed frequently. For the most part management seemed to be on the side of those reporting to them - providing an ear and/or solutions to a problem.

About Standard Register

When it comes to managing communication, The Standard Register Company (SRC) helps businesses maintain a certain set of standards. SRC – Read more

Standard Register Salaries