Standard Textile Employee Reviews in United States

Okay, work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJune 29, 2016
I learned a lot of management skills, enjoy co-workers. I don't like that I have not time off and that benefits are worthless.
Pros
8-5pm
Cons
no time off
twister
Twister Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2016
I was atwister operator for 5 years I enjoyed every moment of this job wish I can find one identical to this one
Great Company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Family owned Business. Long travel time and 32 years in thought I was ready for a break. I have not worked for three years and realize I have plenty of energy and experience to start a new career closer to home.
Cons
commute
Good money
Warper tender (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GASeptember 28, 2015
Work almost all Saturdays
Have good pto and benefits
Work isn't too hard
Learned patience
It gets pretty hard when your job runs bad
It's easy when your job runs good
Nice people overall
Great place if you want a good job with dependable hours
understand work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, OHJuly 22, 2015
I process orders for textiles. I have learned about the textile industry in the healthcare division. Management is very understanding with family and work life. My coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job is trying to get more work and asking management for more responsibility. The most enjoyable part of my job are my customers and sales consultants.
Disappointing company whom failed to communicate honestly with employees.
Kaumo Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 1, 2015
I found this company to be unfair towards it's employees unless you were sleeping with one of the bosses. I learned money does not trump values and peace of mind in life. I did not like standing in the same spot all day and it began to get very repetitive. There were outdated systems for placement protocol and poor leadership.
Pros
They had E-Sales
Cons
They were during our lunch breaks
Productive fun work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2015
the day is mainly running folding machine and packing. All material packed must have the tag folded on the inside and must be packed correctly. Once packed a label has to be put on the box and the number of items must be imprinted on the label.
its not a bad place to work. its not my perffered job
shipping recieving (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAFebruary 10, 2015
coworkers cool, typical day at work not much for being on a forklift all day I like to run machines and fix them when their broke.
STC treats their employees badly as garbadge
mail room and copy center coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2014
to go from one duty to another
multi task work environment
good management
good coworkers
to complete daily requirement
learn something new
Pros
good experiance
Cons
no appreciation
fun job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Augusta,GaJuly 29, 2014
Love this place but wouldn't go back Had great friends and very family oriented
Pros
great people
Cons
plant closed
Good company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg S.C.March 4, 2014
I advance the first day I started.To be accurate a few hours after I got there.I was hired to work on the assembly line in production.I was on the line working and I notice the line supervisor and another man standing and watching.The young man that trained me showed me once what to do and from than on I did as I was taught.My speed got faster and faster.The supervisor and the other man was back and fourth watching.Than it was break time,and the guy that trained me said that after break I will be working in the lab,I said really he said yes.And low and behold I was in the lab after lunch.It was a blessing I loved it.
Needs improvement
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Union, SCFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day is very busy with lots of running back and forth. I learned everything is not always what it seems. Management needs improvement. My co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of job is they do not know how to run it. Most enjoyable part of job is the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor leadership
Fun and Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GANovember 5, 2013
If you like a stable and challenging environment, this is the place for you.
Exciting and Productive Workplace with a Positive Culture
Technology Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2013
My experience at Standard Textile has been nothing short of rewarding. The healthy positive culture is truly what keeps the company alive and well. Management is always visible and reflective of this culture. Standard is a larger, smaller company with approximately 3000 associates world-wide, and roughly 2000 are here in the United States. The excitement of working at a smaller company is definitely existent at Standard as well as the added bonus of being recognized and known for your skills through-out the company. Associates are always recognized for their performance (the good and the bad) and are always striving to improve themselves. The company has been fortunate to grow and expand over the last two decades. The company has never been busier (or larger) than where they are today. The future looks even brighter for Standard Textile.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Standard is quite simply the freedom of creativity that I am afforded to use with my job two titles as the Technology Communications Coordinator (training) and IS HelpDesk Supervisor. The company is growing at an incredible rate. This translates to all associates, no matter what the department, is needing creative professionals to think outside of the box, push the envelope, and maximize performance all at the same time. New methodologies are always welcome, if they can be sold. Many (not all) of my ideas have been welcomed and implemented with open arms and open minds. My brain needs this type of creative freedom - it simply thrives in it. Standard Textile affords me this creative freedom more than another
  more... company I've ever worked for.

The most challenging part of my job has been managing the extreme workload of the HelpDesk and coordinating corporate training courses, which I am also responsible for. There simply isn't enough time to do both, unless we are fully staffed. The HelpDesk routinely has two full-time associates. However, extreme workloads have sent past associates seeking different jobs and/or higher paying ones. Having to re-hire, re-train, and keep the HelpDesk above the water every day pulls me away from coordinating/developing training courses, of which I'm also responsible for. Simply juggling all of these duties has been the most challenging feat of my working life. Working with my manger to improve the situation is varies from weekly to monthly, with some parts of the year being more easily manageable than others. I'm working with my manager to be removed from the HelpDesk to focus more on training coordination. I love education and I love to educate others, especially when it comes to technology.

All in all, Standard Textile is and has been nothing short of a fantastic place to work. I don not wish to leave the company, unless of course a better opportunity were to come along. Perhaps something that doesn't involve day-to-day HelpDesk responsibilities.
Pros
creative freedom, performance reviews, ownership in skills/projects, positive management
Cons
short staffing
workplace was safe and fun at times.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2013
worked with lot different people who were also fast and depenable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short break, and could not leave the site for lunch
ok
Admin Asst for Supply Chain Director/Design (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2013
Was a decent place to work, but would not want to go back....just ok it was a job and it paid the bill.
Productive and interested work place with good people.
Towel Inspector (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoy my days at work were the work place is people friendly, full of laughs and positive energy. I love my co-workers because they are very helpful and spontaneous people. I can say there is absolutely no hard part of my job it only requires basic knowledge and great communcation skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting others with anything they may need and inspecting towels.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
no healthcare benefits and can't leave job site
normal job if you don't have any major bills
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 1, 2012
simple place to work, only two breaks during the 9 hour shift, but nothing too bad
Pros
overtime
Cons
jumbled work schedule
material supplier for hosp. & Hotels
Account Payable Specialists (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Make linen for hospitals and hotels. Also upholstery for the industry
Good company to work for
production is production
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 23, 2012
It was an o.k. job. My co-workers and staff were every helpful and nice. There wasn't enough communication among managers and employees, which I think caused problems. I learn to always be respectful and a team player. The hardest part is when a person is out an you have to do thier part plus yours. Thier luncheon were the best, it gave a chance for the supervisor and managers to talks to us like people instead of employees.
Pros
8 hours shifts, off on weekends
Cons
lack of work