Standard Textile

Standard Textile Employer Reviews

fun job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Augusta,GaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: plant closed
Love this place but wouldn't go back Had great friends and very family oriented
Good company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Orangeburg S.C.March 4, 2014
I advance the first day I started.To be accurate a few hours after I got there.I was hired to work on the assembly line in production.I was on the line working and I notice the line supervisor and another man standing and watching.The young man that trained me showed me once what to do and from than on I did as I was taught.My speed got faster and faster.The supervisor and the other man was back and fourth watching.Than it was break time,and the guy that trained me said that after break I will be working in the lab,I said really he said yes.And low and behold I was in the lab after lunch.It was a blessing I loved it.
Needs improvement
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Union, SCFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor leadership
A typical day is very busy with lots of running back and forth. I learned everything is not always what it seems. Management needs improvement. My co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of job is they do not know how to run it. Most enjoyable part of job is the pay.
Fun and Challenging
Manager (Former Employee), Thomaston, GANovember 5, 2013
If you like a stable and challenging environment, this is the place for you.
Exciting and Productive Workplace with a Positive Culture
Technology Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2013
Pros: creative freedom, performance reviews, ownership in skills/projects, positive management
Cons: short staffing
My experience at Standard Textile has been nothing short of rewarding. The healthy positive culture is truly what keeps the company alive and well. Management is always visible and reflective of this culture. Standard is a larger, smaller company with approximately 3000 associates world-wide, and roughly 2000 are here in the United States. The excitement of working at a smaller company is definitely existent at Standard as well as the added bonus of being recognized and known for your skills through-out the company. Associates are always recognized for their performance (the good and the bad) and are always striving to improve themselves. The company has been fortunate to grow and expand over the last two decades. The company has never been busier (or larger) than where they are today. The future looks even brighter for Standard Textile.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Standard is quite simply the freedom of creativity that I am afforded to use with my job two titles as the Technology Communications Coordinator (training) and IS HelpDesk Supervisor. The company is growing at an incredible rate. This translates to all associates, no matter what the department, is needing creative professionals to think outside of the box, push the envelope, and maximize performance all at the same time. New methodologies are always welcome, if they can be sold. Many (not all) of my ideas have been welcomed and implemented with open arms and open minds. My brain needs this type of creative freedom - it simply thrives in it. Standard Textile affords me this creative freedom more than another – more... company I've ever worked for.

The most challenging part of my job has been managing the extreme workload of the HelpDesk and coordinating corporate training courses, which I am also responsible for. There simply isn't enough time to do both, unless we are fully staffed. The HelpDesk routinely has two full-time associates. However, extreme workloads have sent past associates seeking different jobs and/or higher paying ones. Having to re-hire, re-train, and keep the HelpDesk above the water every day pulls me away from coordinating/developing training courses, of which I'm also responsible for. Simply juggling all of these duties has been the most challenging feat of my working life. Working with my manger to improve the situation is varies from weekly to monthly, with some parts of the year being more easily manageable than others. I'm working with my manager to be removed from the HelpDesk to focus more on training coordination. I love education and I love to educate others, especially when it comes to technology.

All in all, Standard Textile is and has been nothing short of a fantastic place to work. I don not wish to leave the company, unless of course a better opportunity were to come along. Perhaps something that doesn't involve day-to-day HelpDesk responsibilities. – less
workplace was safe and fun at times.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short break, and could not leave the site for lunch
worked with lot different people who were also fast and depenable.
ok
Admin Asst for Supply Chain Director/Design (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2013
Was a decent place to work, but would not want to go back....just ok it was a job and it paid the bill.
Productive and interested work place with good people.
Towel Inspector (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: paid lunch breaks
Cons: no healthcare benefits and can't leave job site
I enjoy my days at work were the work place is people friendly, full of laughs and positive energy. I love my co-workers because they are very helpful and spontaneous people. I can say there is absolutely no hard part of my job it only requires basic knowledge and great communcation skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting others with anything they may need and inspecting towels.
normal job if you don't have any major bills
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Augusta, GANovember 1, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: jumbled work schedule
simple place to work, only two breaks during the 9 hour shift, but nothing too bad
material supplier for hosp. & Hotels
Account Payable Specialists (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Make linen for hospitals and hotels. Also upholstery for the industry
Good company to work for
production is production
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: 8 hours shifts, off on weekends
Cons: lack of work
It was an o.k. job. My co-workers and staff were every helpful and nice. There wasn't enough communication among managers and employees, which I think caused problems. I learn to always be respectful and a team player. The hardest part is when a person is out an you have to do thier part plus yours. Thier luncheon were the best, it gave a chance for the supervisor and managers to talks to us like people instead of employees.

About Standard Textile

Meeting industry standards is not enough for Standard Textile. The company designs, manufactures, and distributes decorative and – Read more