Standard Employee Reviews

Lack of growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2016
Lack of growth
Lack of compassion for employees
Lack of hours.
the pay is really good.
lack of good managers.
Learn about supervision.
Pros
Free Lunches
Challenging at times
OFFICE PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMay 24, 2016
The job was very rewarding I was able to use my customer service skills. I was able to interact with alot of different customers.
Great management with an environment that promotes growth
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 16, 2016
Friendly co-workers, with a very resonable manager. Coming from more of a construction based occupation, it is hard getting used to very quick work surrounds.
A restaurant worth waiting to be sat.
Busser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is fun, fast pace, interesting,and pronto. I learned what it meant to service guest in a high fashioned restaurant. Co-workers mad my job very enjoyable and my managers were flexible and understanding.
Pros
Not always overlooked upon
Cons
Short breaks
Hospitality focused management and ownership
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 5, 2015
This facility is well managed and has a wonderful setting. The food and beverage operation is superb with fresh fish fish and steaks of superior quality.
The Pool is a fabulous feature along with the gardens.
giving away the best customer services
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 26, 2015
I love my job, because I can give a good customer services to my customers. I learn everyday something new from them, as well as I tell them something cool about the merchandise I try to sell to them. Everyday, I learn something new with my team. We work hard and help each other as a family.
Fun People, Detailed Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2015
Most people get along and work as a team.
Hardest part is making sure all details are covered
The Most enjoyable part is having a chance to eat the food!
Pros
Free food, Raffle, Holiday Parties, Benefit Program
Great people on my Team and extended coworkers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR (downtown)April 1, 2015
Implementing Customers who need an Absence Management Service (FMLA). Ensured my Team stayed on top of new implementations as well as supporting existing customers (production support).

The two most enjoyable parts of my job were the fantastic people I work with as well as the challenges new implementations provide.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The stress that comes with meeting deadlines. Although it is very gratifying.
Love the atmosphere
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 4, 2015
The collaboration with the company was great good team members.
not a good place to work
Second shift supervisor/ forklift safety trainer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville illinoisDecember 30, 2014
3rd shift supervisor. supervised 60 people on third shift as well as train all management and dock personel on forklift drving and safety.However I was also responsible for ordering all facility maintanece supplies and conduct all drug testing for all employee including management
Pros
the pay
Cons
the super long drive every day

Want to know more about Standard?

Ask a question
Fun and creative place to work
Chef/Owner (Former Employee) –  Stanardsville, VASeptember 30, 2014
We typically start at 9 am during the week and it starts with a cup of coffee with a roundtable talk with the staff about daily and weekly specials. I generally give my staff a free rein in what to create in specials as long as they adhere to the 5 K.I.S.S. flavor rule. We tend to make fresh pasta in the beginning of the week to last us all week. Burgers are packed daily. Soups are made every 2 days. Desserts are made every 3 days. Sauces are broken down into groups on the number of times we makes them. Freezer sauce, which is typically steak, chicken, Diablo and bootlegging ruckies are made once a month. Dressings and special sauces are made once a week. There is not much prep to do as each dish is prepared from scratch by the order. We do not pre-slice in advance. We also do not pre-set in advance. Which means my team has to stay sharp and motivated each and every night. I delegate most of my kitchen responsibilities to my staff, which gives them a sense of ownership. I have hired only one guy that had any kitchen experience due to the location of the restaurant. I expedite most of the time unless there is a call off. I check every plate that leaves the kitchen. I make sure the kitchen is broken down and cleaned at the end of service and set up for the next shift.
My daily routine consists of financial and budget reports every morning at 8 am, once the bank opens, through QuickBooks. I place any necessary orders through my distributors on days they need to be placed, which is usually Monday-Friday. I meet up with Kitchen staff at 9 am every morning to
  more... go over daily duties, budgets and specials. I meet up with FOH staff at 11 am and 3 pm to go over any services issues or feedbacks. We work our lunch and dinner shifts. I do the checkouts with the FOH after each shifts and make sure they pre-set for the next service.

I learned to use different methods to motivate individuals and groups of people. Not everyone responds the same way to different methods. The most challenge part is to help staff keep their personal problems out and stay focus on the job at hand. In addition, I had to teach them to think of solutions to the problem, rather than the problem at hand needs to be fixed. I also had to learn to instill that they can do anything they want and to remove the word "CAN'T" from their dictionary, which was quite a challenge.

My management style is mostly micromanagement. I believe in letting others make mistakes and learn from it as long as they do not make the same mistake again. I believe in talking to employees about why those mistakes are not needed and are avoidable. I also believe in educating employees on how to do their jobs more efficiently. There are always room for improvement no matter how good one is in their craft.

The hardest part of the job is to micromanage people that simply do not have the skill set to remain at their position they were hired for. Sometimes, you hired someone for a position and realized they are not the right fit, does not mean the person is a bad person. It just means they do not have the right skill set to perform at the most efficient peak required by the job.
Pros
Freedom to create and do what is needed to be done, free food.
Cons
Short breaks, health care
I enjoyed working for this company.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company learning and gaining experience about the management side. I was giving an opportunity by the owner to explore the office side. I learned more from this job then I did in school. I appreciate the opportunity given to me by the owner.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good salary, Learning and experience.
Cons
having to get funding from the state of New Jersey in order to run the business.
counterproductive
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  simpsonvilleJuly 31, 2014
Very complex good workplace environment flexiable working hours,safety is a first in the workplace.
great place to work
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHJuly 18, 2014
Always had plenty of time off to spend with family. Unfortunately was laid after 4 years do to economy.
Lack of work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 8, 2014
I learned a lot from this job. The only issue I had was I was not making any hours. There where days when I only worked 45 min. I truly enjoyed working for the company. It there had been more work I would have not left but I could not make it on the hours I was getting.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
not a lot of work to been done.
productive work place
Dupont Contractor (Former Employee) –  Delisle,Ms.March 11, 2014
co- worker,s not willing to apply themselves to the work! i learned a lot about inventory!
Pros
long lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very well mainten work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville S.C.February 24, 2014
Some heavy lifting a lot of operating standup an sitdown forklift very long day good pay
Loved working at the Standard. Amazing people.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
The hardest part was at the time no room for advancement. Co-workers were amazing. Hours were very long though and clean up was severe. Learned a lot about health code stipulations.
This job was awesome.Always get to meet new faces.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2013
My job was very outstanding.I loved my co-workers and position.
Pros
We had our own aisle to clean
Cons
Great place to work with a great management team
Senior Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work consists of some auditing paperwork, excellent customer service and management of daily staff assignments. I have learned a lot about managing people and offering the best customer service possible. The hardest part of the job is being overwhelmed. When this happens I take a step back and prioritize the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer or employee with an issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2