Standard

Standard United States Employee Reviews

Love the atmosphere
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 4, 2015
The collaboration with the company was great good team members.
not a good place to work
Second shift supervisor/ forklift safety trainer (Former Employee), Romeoville illinoisDecember 30, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the super long drive every day
3rd shift supervisor. supervised 60 people on third shift as well as train all management and dock personel on forklift drving and safety.However I was also responsible for ordering all facility maintanece supplies and conduct all drug testing for all employee including management
Fun and creative place to work
Chef/Owner (Former Employee), Stanardsville, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: freedom to create and do what is needed to be done, free food.
Cons: short breaks, health care
We typically start at 9 am during the week and it starts with a cup of coffee with a roundtable talk with the staff about daily and weekly specials. I generally give my staff a free rein in what to create in specials as long as they adhere to the 5 K.I.S.S. flavor rule. We tend to make fresh pasta in the beginning of the week to last us all week. Burgers are packed daily. Soups are made every 2 days. Desserts are made every 3 days. Sauces are broken down into groups on the number of times we makes them. Freezer sauce, which is typically steak, chicken, Diablo and bootlegging ruckies are made once a month. Dressings and special sauces are made once a week. There is not much prep to do as each dish is prepared from scratch by the order. We do not pre-slice in advance. We also do not pre-set in advance. Which means my team has to stay sharp and motivated each and every night. I delegate most of my kitchen responsibilities to my staff, which gives them a sense of ownership. I have hired only one guy that had any kitchen experience due to the location of the restaurant. I expedite most of the time unless there is a call off. I check every plate that leaves the kitchen. I make sure the kitchen is broken down and cleaned at the end of service and set up for the next shift.
My daily routine consists of financial and budget reports every morning at 8 am, once the bank opens, through QuickBooks. I place any necessary orders through my distributors on days they need to be placed, which is usually Monday-Friday. I meet up with Kitchen staff at 9 am every morning to go over daily duties, – more... budgets and specials. I meet up with FOH staff at 11 am and 3 pm to go over any services issues or feedbacks. We work our lunch and dinner shifts. I do the checkouts with the FOH after each shifts and make sure they pre-set for the next service.

I learned to use different methods to motivate individuals and groups of people. Not everyone responds the same way to different methods. The most challenge part is to help staff keep their personal problems out and stay focus on the job at hand. In addition, I had to teach them to think of solutions to the problem, rather than the problem at hand needs to be fixed. I also had to learn to instill that they can do anything they want and to remove the word "CAN'T" from their dictionary, which was quite a challenge.

My management style is mostly micromanagement. I believe in letting others make mistakes and learn from it as long as they do not make the same mistake again. I believe in talking to employees about why those mistakes are not needed and are avoidable. I also believe in educating employees on how to do their jobs more efficiently. There are always room for improvement no matter how good one is in their craft.

The hardest part of the job is to micromanage people that simply do not have the skill set to remain at their position they were hired for. Sometimes, you hired someone for a position and realized they are not the right fit, does not mean the person is a bad person. It just means they do not have the right skill set to perform at the most efficient peak required by the job. – less
I enjoyed working for this company.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Millburn, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good salary, learning and experience.
Cons: having to get funding from the state of new jersey in order to run the business.
I enjoyed working for this company learning and gaining experience about the management side. I was giving an opportunity by the owner to explore the office side. I learned more from this job then I did in school. I appreciate the opportunity given to me by the owner.
counterproductive
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), simpsonvilleJuly 31, 2014
Very complex good workplace environment flexiable working hours,safety is a first in the workplace.
great place to work
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Franklin Furnace, OHJuly 18, 2014
Always had plenty of time off to spend with family. Unfortunately was laid after 4 years do to economy.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix,ArizonaJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: short break
Productive and rewarding
Being accident free
Lack of work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMMay 8, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot
Cons: not a lot of work to been done.
I learned a lot from this job. The only issue I had was I was not making any hours. There where days when I only worked 45 min. I truly enjoyed working for the company. It there had been more work I would have not left but I could not make it on the hours I was getting.
productive work place
Dupont Contractor (Former Employee), Delisle,Ms.March 11, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: short breaks
co- worker,s not willing to apply themselves to the work! i learned a lot about inventory!
Very well mainten work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greenville S.C.February 24, 2014
Some heavy lifting a lot of operating standup an sitdown forklift very long day good pay
Loved working at the Standard. Amazing people.
Bartender (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
The hardest part was at the time no room for advancement. Co-workers were amazing. Hours were very long though and clean up was severe. Learned a lot about health code stipulations.
This job was awesome.Always get to meet new faces.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: we had our own aisle to clean
My job was very outstanding.I loved my co-workers and position.
Great place to work with a great management team
Senior Facility Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work consists of some auditing paperwork, excellent customer service and management of daily staff assignments. I have learned a lot about managing people and offering the best customer service possible. The hardest part of the job is being overwhelmed. When this happens I take a step back and prioritize the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer or employee with an issue.
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Little Hocking, OHApril 1, 2013
Pros: swing shift, great workers and teamwork
Cons: pay a little small for type of work
Worked for almost 9 nine years. Great bunch of workers to work with. Management was organized and very well like in the early years---not so much when mergers happened. miss working there--i had back surgery, they couldnt hold my job, was let go and unable to go back because of my back.
It's great to work independently
Graphic Artist/Illustrator (Former Employee), Hazleton, PADecember 17, 2012
Pros: worked for myself
Cons: no fellow employees
A Great workplace.
I was able to make good decisive decisions and solve many problems to be successful at what I do.
Daily paper very focused on daily news.
Examiner (Current Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 19, 2012
Mid-level daily in Top of Utah, making transition from traditional journalism to new media/old media mix.
Doffing
Material Handler (Former Employee), South CarolinaJune 19, 2012
Great company to work for. Co worker and management was outstanding people to work with. I enjoyed having a seven day break