StandardAero Employee Reviews in United States

StandardAero
Sr. Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 10, 2016
Great work environment with amazing team members. Aviation is the primary focus and they are very good at what they do. Family oriented and dedicated to excellence.
StandardAero
Director, Global Trade (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
Excellent people and facilities. People eager to help and guide you when needed. Management getting better with some recent hires at the top. Most people I've met highly regard the company and it's decisions.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Pay
Not a good place to work
Aircraft Painter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 2, 2016
Not a good place to work or get anywhere here pay sucks a good place to learn but that's about it if u can get alone with bob and his son good luck with that.
Great Place to Work
Composite Tech II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2015
Always working on something. Very employee concerned. Always looking for new ideas to help with employee job. Management is great and co-workers are always working together to get the job done.
Pros
Great benefits.
Good place to work. Good employees.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  MaryvilleAugust 3, 2015
it was a good place to work, and a positive experience for the most part. I would work there again.
The employees were great, as were most of the supervisors.
Pros
Free lunches, and company swag. Laid back
Cons
promotions were not there. Raises only 2-3% .
It's OK
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2015
Great benefits. Great co-workers. Plenty of work. Town is boring. Winters can be bad. Bugs are bad. Good employee club.
Review
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2015
−Gained first hand project management experience including planning and defining scope of a project, developing time/ cost estimates, managing risk, coordinating with customers and vendors, team leadership, and utilization of charts and schedules
−Application of academic theory obtained in major course work
Great company
Detail Inspector (Current Employee) –  san antonio txMarch 9, 2015
This company takes great care of all its employees. The pay is good along with great benefits offered to all employees. They will go out of their way to make sure you are happy.
Pyrrhic Victory
Proposal Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2014
While I enjoyed professional success and some victories, the abrupt turn against me hurt. But I know and understand it was for the best. This is an extremely efficient company from top to bottom, across all sectors. They are pioneers in lean manufacturing/maintenance processes. It was a great learning experience.
Good place to work.
Avionics Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Professional place to work, with good employees. Well managed with good life to work balance.
free lunches, free sodas, golf league,bowling league
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work. Fair honest management and coworkers. ping pong table free sodas in the break room
Pros
employee appreciation lunches
Cons
none . a great place to work and learn
Good old boy "bullying" mentality pervades the Augusta facility
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Augusta,GAApril 23, 2014
An "old southern" type mentality pervades this outfit and,if you're uncomfortable or offended by boorish,bullying behavior from management/supervisors towards employees than you'd best look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
abysmal pay increases for even the best, most tenured employees and a bullying atmosphere in which people are terrified to make a mistake.
Good place to work and good people to work with
Engineer Technologist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Good place to work.
Good support from top down.
Good people to work with
Pros
flexible start times
Standard Aero
Controller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 19, 2013
The culture is to repair parts quickly. Everyone is on the same page.
Pros
several meetings include lunch.
Cons
they had their first layoffs in history this year
Productive, interesting and challenging place of business.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2013
My workday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) began at the very moment I scanned my work badge in.

Unlocked front lobby window, turned on computer; logged onto MS Outlook and SA Menu.

Answering switchboard.

I sorted out the job files that needed billed that day which averaged 80 each day. After invoicing them, I emailed them and then closed out every job.

Went to lunch (1/2 hour).

Opened up accounting program (Oracle) and started entering accounts payable invoices.

Additional daily responsibilities:
Opening and distributing US mail, scanning, faxing, copying; assisting with travel needs, lunches, organizing meetings through MS Outlook Calendar.

I learned a great deal about StandardAero's day-to-day operations.
Was trained on their accounting program, Oracle.
Their management staff were all wonderful, helpful and intelligent.
The hardest part of the job was only when I first started there and getting to know everyone's names.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I have completed everything that was expected of me to do.
Pros
monthly all-hands meetings (free lunch, status of sa's financial goals and quarterly bonus program.
Cons
half-hour lunch period; just goes by so fast.
Extremely laxed environment. Easy to get comp time.
Senior Quality Specialist - NDT Level III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2013
Great opportunity to build-up skill and experience for anyone right after high school or after college. This company trains employees that have no skills and it has excellent mid-management training personnel.
Pros
free coffees and cookies/donuts/cakes anytime. one company lunch every month. company golf, picnics, christmas party ...
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Material Handler/Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2013
Day to day assignments are handed out in a daily meeting when you get to work. I have learned about the intricacies of the 731 engine platform. Management is a little callous at times, some shops seem more concerned with micro-managing people. co-workers are really great people to be around with a wide knowledge base to tap into.
Hardest part of the job is some people are not real good at evaluating others skill sets
I really love my job, i have always been a mechanic, I enjoy taking things apart, finding out how they work, and putting them back together
Cons
not much room for growth or promotions
NDT Level 2 Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2013
StandardAero is a great place to work. Very laid back they really care about their employees as well as the employees families. Co-workers are great people and will help out in anyway they know how too.
Pros
events for friends and family
Loyal and kind place to work.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2013
After one week of work, I had a terrible car accident. Because of my accomplishments in that first week, the company was kind enough to wait on my recovery. They did not replace me. I am convinced of their kindness and character being top notch in my book.
Pros
excellent staff, clean work environment
Cons
short lunch
Excellent benefit and great team work
Senior Customer Service Administration (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2012
My typical work day is extremely busy. My job is to take care of my customers working in a fast pace environment. I work hard to manage my time wisely to complete my job assignments. I have learned how to query information on Excel. I am currently training as a Production Scheduler.My co-workers and I work well together to help support the Power Section Team. The hardest part about my job is prioritizing my job duties when urgent task arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is having every other Friday off.
Pros
good benefits, great work environment, comfortable atmosphere
Cons
nine hour days