Demonstrates a highly motivated, positive, outgoing, influential personality with a strong emphasis on sales and results orientation to ensure the credit union maximizes lending and sales opportunities with members who apply for consumer credit over the phone. Consistently demonstrates the ability to think independently, outside the box, by effectively responding to each individual member’s unique situation; not stuck in a mass production box. Commands a thorough knowledge of the lending process from application to closing to ensure maximum funding rates. Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service and teamwork that ensures a Raving Fans experience with each encounter. Is fully knowledgeable of all credit union products and services and is able to confidently offer appropriate solutions to fit member need. Is able to clearly and effectively communicate with members and all levels of staff in oral and written form and is proficient with applicable technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and CRITICAL BEHAVIORS:
1. Sales Success – Uses strong interpersonal skills and influence to consistently achieve sales goals. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence. Displays confidence in presenting appropriate solutions to fit members’ needs. Maximizes opportunities to sell SFCU products and services to benefit member and enhance quality and depth of member relationship and profitability.
2. Results Orientation – Is keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and companywide goals and is able to prioritize work to achieve funding goals. Demonstrates the ability to excel in a high stress environment and is able to meet goals and deadlines. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles to maintain above average closing ratios.
3. Member Service – Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service that ensures an inspirational experience with each encounter. Views situations from the member’s perspective to effectively respond to their needs and concerns; often going beyond the initial need or expressed concern of the member. Follows up to make sure the member’s expectations have been met or exceeded. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways members can easily understand. Demonstrates patience, respect and empathy when dealing with difficult members or their complaints. Personifies SFCU’s role as a Trusted Advisor.
4. Initiative – A motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Actively and consistently seeks qualified opportunities to increase loan volume and residual product penetration. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Actively supports member education events and seminars.
5. Accountability – Demonstrates responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Accurately and efficiently performs transactions and member requests. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Schedules time off in advance and avoids unscheduled absences.
6. Effective Communication – Persuasive and confident. Uses clear and simple language to communicate information and decisions to internal and external members. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways members can easily understand. Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural and gender differences.
7. Teamwork – Builds rapport with fellow teammates and credit union staff. Demonstrates genuine concern for others and shares personal expertise with peers. Displays flexibility regarding scheduling. Fosters a spirit of cooperation to ensure the success of the team.
8. Technologically Astute – Demonstrates the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions. Has good working knowledge of the following applications: OSI-DNA, Akcelerant Solution.Lending, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Explorer. Other SFCU approved applications may apply as needed.
9. Learning Orientation – Actively participates in and completes all ongoing required loan and sales training. Willingly adapts to changes in work environment. Participates in SFCU approved self-development programs.
PRODUCT, SERVICE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Is fully familiar with and able to clearly communicate with internal and external members about: Underwriting philosophies, lending decisions (approved, denied or conditioned), approval stipulations, loan products and services, credit bureau reports and scores, credit histories, Second Chance lending program, Major Mechanical Protection, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Credit Life and Disability insurance, loan and deposit rates, lending policies and procedures and our automated underwriting process. Is responsible for compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulations and policies, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures and regulations. Performs other duties as required.
1. Technical Knowledge- Experience utilizing the following software applications preferred: , OSI-DNA, Akcelerant Solution.Lending, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Application Extender and Web Extender. Other SFCU approved applications may apply as needed.
2. Education and Experience- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school. Prefer a minimum of two years consumer lending experience. One year of experience is a sales environment preferred. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of SFCU’s consumer lending policies and procedures, products and services, laws and regulations. Excellent sales, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
3. Behavior Standard- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the employee gets along with members, vendors, co-workers, and management.
4. Language Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
5. Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
6. Reasoning Ability- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
7. Physical demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
8. Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.