Stanford Health Care

Stanford Health Care Employee Reviews

Excellent Healthcare
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 17, 2016
I learned leadership and team work. This company values there standards as Stanford is one of the leading healthcare company's in the United States. The staff is trained in providing the highest level of customer and patient services.
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 16, 2016
Prepares specimen (aliquoting, accessioning, etc.) for send out to reference labs for testing.
Reviews lab orders received in the Processing Lab Department for accuracy and complete requisition paperwork
Documents updates on specimen within EPIC database for tracking purposes. Also, cancels, adds, or back-dates tests as instructed by health care providers of patient.
exerience
Senior Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 16, 2016
time to move on to another adventure. it has been exciting and a challenge
. 9 hour work day--10 with the commute
. I have developed many new treatment strategies
. Management is poor
. most of my coworkers are awesome
. My job is intense
. I love working with my patients
Pros
commute support
Cons
overworked
So productive, energetic and very helpful and organized environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 3, 2016
Stanford is the best place to work with. The place is so beneficial to your learning ability while working with the healthcare team. I feel very proud surrounded with great working people. Respect and the care not only to the patients are very visible. Really a best place to work.
A great continuous learning experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128October 28, 2016
Come in get an assignment, get report, pass water, do v/s, set up pts for brkfst, assist pts with ADL's, mid day charting ,set up pts for lunch, do last round and do end of day charting (Including I&O's)
Pros
Prestige
Cons
As an organization they are on the right track
Manager of Medicare Product Operations (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 22, 2016
Like many companies, there are challenges but my coworkers are very passionate and the senior leadership is on the right track. There is lots of opportunity in improving work life balance but the management team is working hard to improve this.
Unfair Environment
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  Bay AreaOctober 9, 2016
I am the ultimate team player and it was sad that the hard workers are almost punished to go over and above while the repeated slackers of the office are able to be slackers and get away with it. The Managers are the ones to blame for their staff's lack of productivity and follow through.Why are you a manager ? Incredible.I enjoyed being able to excel at having the strong ability to pay close attention to detail and to follow through thouroughly on any given account and situation.dealt.The hardest part of my job was having to deal with all the different personalities and "complaints" about their job.I've learned that i can ONLY be responsible for myself and my actions. I also learned that not all co-workers and management staff were honest. That was a tough pill to swallow.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Not Living upto The Stanford Code of Ethics
Worked with nice people
Blood Bank Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 6, 2016
Love the environment. Good reason to work everyday as you'll see fun co workers and we all serve a good purpose.
- Typical day at work varies as we travel to different places all the time to collect a pint of blood for blood transfusion. I've learned how to mingle with different ethnicity and different techniques in blood draw.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you always have a feeling of being fulfilled if you didn't miss a vein, if you have enough unit for the lab to process and seeing that donors are happy to help.
AEM/CQ5 Developer (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 23, 2016
Very good management, well maintained. Colleagues are wonderful. Got very good support from each of them in hard times.
Hardest part was to drive from home to office and back in the peak hours.
Stanford Health Care is an excellent place to work.
Assistant Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 11, 2016
Fast paced and ever changing days at work.
Provides endless opportunities for career advancement.
Support for management and co-workers.
Constant change is hard for some people, you need to be up for the challenge.
Patient and staff interaction, making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Beautiful work environment, supportive healthy lifestyle.
Cons
No Cons.
Very busy
Anesthesia technician, Duties (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 7, 2016
It was nice working with the doctors and nurses. Friendly staff. Very busy and hectic at times. Learned a lot of medical procedures.
See previous review for all the details.
Epic Cache DBA (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 22, 2016
Same employer. Different Role.

This is a sentence to provide lots of words that really do not mean anything, but meet the requirements for 20 words.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 3, 2016
i'm learn so many thing with my co-worker,i would be like work to as a team-work, i'm got good knowlge ,
Great exposure to health care in a trauma 1 facility
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 18, 2016
Stanford Hospital provided a great place to learn about the ins and outs of a trauma 1 facility. My typical day exposed me to heart transplants to gun shot victims to radiation therapy. My work had my in every department of the hospital (operating room, endoscopy, cath/angio, orthopedics, emergency, etc.) I have aided with the intubation of patients, provided chest compressions on patients in cardiac arrest, provided assistance to the anesthesiologist during code blue emergencies; and set up and maintained all anesthesia equipment in the hospital.
Pros
exposure; networking; pride in work; benefits
Cons
management; short staff
growth within the company
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 18, 2016
My personal opinion once they get you into a position and you show that you are great at that position that's where they want to keep you . I wish the advancement was more attainable, for example I had shown myself to be an excellent patient companion but once I had graduated CNA school and wanted to further myself in that field, I felt stifled. Everything else about Stanford is pretty awesome!
Decent place to work
Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 13, 2016
My experience as a temp worker was a definitely note worthy. The work itself was very simple. Coworkers were awesome.

Can be a contentious environment to work in sometimes when it gets
really busy but that usually happens everywhere.

Parking situation sucks. You have to pay for parking and you park far away. You can take a shuttle from the parking spot to the hospital or walk 15 minutes.
Cons
No parking
fun, independent , good lunches
Orthopedic Coordinator- Surgery (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 13, 2016
all supplies are inventoried.
team work in surgery
my co-workers are fun to be with in surgery and doctors
hard part waiting for special order for particular surgery.
seeing the patient after surgery it was success.
Hard working dedicated phlebotomy staff
Pre-Analytical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 6, 2016
Staff is dedicated but staffing needs are never meet with patient needs. Short staff is a daily problem not enough phlebotomist to meet demands of hospital
Pros
can earn free lunch
Cons
not enough staff to fill business needs
Stanford Hospital and Clinics - Great Employer
Business Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 30, 2016
Stanford Hospital and Clinics - Great Employer. The work-life balance is good, and there are a lot of opportunities to move from one department to another.
Great Teaching Hospital
Assistant Nurse Manager of E3 (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 23, 2016
This Hospital was my Stepping stone as a young nurse manager. II learned so much not only about being a nurse manager but what it took to be a nurse manager and what my nurses needed from me as a resouce on the floor during the shift. I quickly learned to multli task and get the most done with in my 8 hour shift while keeping my staff calm under the most stressful of situations. The hardest hardest part of the job was being a young nurse manager and having to prove myself but the best part of the job was being able to do just that, prove myself.
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
Commute

4.3