Stanford Health Care

Stanford Health Care Employer Reviews

Good Place To Work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 18, 2015
There is no better job than helping people in need. It is fulfilling, fun and never boring and that makes waking up in the morning that much better.
Stanford Health Care
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: commuter benefits: free ride on public transportation
Cons: you must pay for parking...
Departmental growth is still fine tuning their operations. Surprising to see such a frequent turnaround of positions. It's unfortunate however with a specialized department, it's hard to find the right candidate who can master wearing many hats.
productive and fun
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 8, 2015
i learn a lot from my job as a medical lab technician and i learn everyday. i work with very nice and friendly staff and we all help each other as one team. Team work makes a dream work.
Good working place
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Good working place
I got to learn new technology like Angular.
Coworkers are good.
Go anywhere but here- for IT work
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: no respect or direction for it
Slaved there for almost 2 years for a contract company that got fired.
They are so lost and confused on how important IT is to the hospital and have no sense of how to retain staff.

Avoid at all costs. Reputation is well known and its not pretty, at least for the IT department.
Very stressful. Not a place for advancement
Accessioner (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: access to great doctor's
Cons: no time to take care of business outside of work.
The Hardest part was not being validated for your efforts, Being made to feel as if you didn't matter. My co-workers were great part of working at this establishment. I learned a new computer system I was trained to have great detailed oriented mind. thank you. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning from the Residents and Doctor's whom I had the great pleasure of working with.
Productive and perfect place for growth and job stability
Clinic Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Redwood CityJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great staff meetings that introduce any future changes within the company
Productive and perfect place for growth and job stability.
Productive workplace, lots of growth, very stable company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: growth, great benefits, stable job/company
Cons: job can be stressful at times
8 hrs a day billing and doing other projects.
Learned how to multitask, adapt to change, become productive.
Hardest part would be meeting deadlines, resolving problem accounts.
I enjoyed being productive and being recognized for that.
Busy work environment
EVS Manager (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CADecember 2, 2014
It seems that the hospital is always understaffed, which creates a stressful work environment. Employees are always out on injuries. Not much support from management.
Very familial organization
HR Representative, Benefits (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 18, 2014
Very generous benefits, familial culture. If you work in administrative functions the systems will be older and the work will be mostly paper based, but the work is certainly do-able and people are willing to help you. The office days are typically 8-5. Very family friendly culture.
Great Place to Work
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Stanford, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Stanford Hospital is a great place to work. Whether you are a doctor, nurse, dietary worker, security officer or upper management. The environment at Stanford is one of professionalism and pride. Stanford has developed its own workplace culture that is in a class by itself. Stanford has a higher standard of work ethics which show in the pride of its employees that work there. They offer excellent pay and benefits well above the range of other medical institutions. I am a 20 year employee of Stanford Hospital. My experience there has been a very positive learning experience. If you like a fast paced and challenging environment, Stanford Hospital is the place to work.
wow
Revenue Integrity Program Manager Ad Interim (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 3, 2014
I am amazed at the level of micromanagement of a team of highly skilled and over saturated degrees

January 13, 2015

I have worked with the RIPM's and the management style is stifling. The enviornment seems to be where hopes and dreams go to die. So much micromanagement is so so very sad. I notice that most of members of their team rarely leave their desk for lunch or breaks throughout the day. They have meeting throughout the day and still expected to complete all of the production task as if they were hourly employees. In talking to one of them they other day I understanding that there is a lot of turn over. Not sure why but if any of the above is an indicator then we can all assume it may be much worse than the person was willing to share.

mentaly focusing and highly self motavating position
ROI Specialist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 22, 2014
Recorded Patient data in EPIC
Pulling patient records and sending copies of them to proper hospitals
Morning STAT monitor for records
Monitored for the STAT phone line and used proper phone etiquette
Facilitated patients with understanding, arranging and filing the right paperwork for the patient to receive the proper information
Productive and friendly co-workers
Laboratory Assistant III / Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee), Stanford, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the
PATIENT , giving to Them the best experience in phlebotomy.
Their recognition make me fill strong and happy.
typical days working in stanford.
endoscopy technician (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 8, 2014
My knowledge as a endoscopy technician evolve.learn many things patient care.coworker interaction.coping with difficult task.The hardest part of my job is being consistent which im very good at.i maintain consistency during my work flow.The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my teammates which is my coworker and helping patient and caring for them on their stay ion stanford.
Materials Management Asst./Lead (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: experience, pot lucks, being a lead
Cons: short breaks
Love to work in a fast paced environment, always learning new things and new medical supplies. Love working with the different units and helping the patients get the supplies that need for the surgeries, traumas and emergencies. Love the team building skills that we have to help our coworkers learn about the different products and help improve their work.
Fun place to work for.
Laboratory Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 1, 2014
Fun place to work for, but no job security if you are in IT. Hard to get a permanent job and benefits.
medical assistant
Back office medical assistant (Former Employee), palo alto, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benifits
Cons: temp position
Room patients, administer injections, assist doctors with exams or procedures, conduct special testing (EKG,UA,eye exams,ect.), insurance authorizations/referrals,schedule procedures to name a few.
Contractor's Opinion
Data Migration Specialist (Former Employee), 1510 Page Mill Road Palo Alto, CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2014
I can't truly say what it must be like to work here as a permanent, salaried employee. As a contractor, it was quite nice. Worked with great people. Slight sentiment from salaried employees (In web department) of being overworked. Management is a little lost; Far too many managers in the chain of command. Results in deplorable communication and frustrating oversights.
nice startup company
the hardest
the most

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford Health Care

No matter where you go, it’s people, and not places, that make a difference. When you join Stanford Health Care, you’ll – Read more

Stanford Health Care Photos