Stanford Health Care Employee Reviews

Respectful and focused environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 9, 2017
Stanford is great for a professional environment to work in. People are reserved, respectful, and driven to do a good job. Not very welcoming among colleagues, but definitely welcoming to patients and other people.
Payer Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 7, 2017
Stanford is an excellent opportunity for growth. Excellent patient care. Employees and mangers work together to give the patient's the best experience.
Poor management, toxic culture
APRN (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 5, 2017
Management is unstable and unethical. I found many aspects of this job to be very stressful and toxic.
I was a very hard worker and loved by my patients but completely undervalued by management because of the political climate, which was largely based on personal feelings of top people towards the employees. Went against the grain of who I am. I did love the patients and some of my co-workers though as a whole, management was very corrupt and dishonest.
Pros
some co-workers, patients
Cons
management, culture
Patient Financial Clearance Rep
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAOctober 5, 2017
Terrible management!! I was hired on the false promise of Epic training which I never received because they had no staff to train. It is depressing to work there. Everyone sits in a cubicle and they are all synchronized robots with scheduled lunches and breaks and the manager sits in the back watching like a hawk your every move. If you are at your desk past 5:00 and its 5:01pm she addresses you saying "overtime is strictly prohibited". She makes a big deal about a minute. Very poor management, bad communication skills, and unorganized. I highly discourage anyone from working in the Patient Financial Clearance Department
Pros
Pay, commute
Cons
management
nice place
Medical Assistant, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 5, 2017
Nice place to work, fun . lot of room for promotion. but the hardest part management is not professional. i enjoy working in stanford. LEARNED ALOT . hEALTH INSURANCE WAS AWESUM
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work!
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IV (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 5, 2017
I started as a student & have continued my career as a pharmacy technician for over 12 years. Stanfor pays VERY well & has great benefits. You will be expected to work rotatiing shifts weekends & holidays.
I thought slavery was outlawed!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 4, 2017
I worked nights and highly unethical activities going on in the hospital hallways at night. I tolerated the bullying, physical attacks and discrimination because I had a large mortgage. Once I quit my job, they made sure I could never work again at any other hospital.
very evil bunch of critters.
Great benefits ! Poor management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 4, 2017
At first very excited that I was hired but on my first day found out that the managers are not accessible for new hires. No one there likes their job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is lacking
Very fun place at work
New Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2017
I have been at Stanford for 8 years now and have loved every minuite of it. I recently moved to Modesto so am now looking for another job closer to home.
Fast paced
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 13, 2017
Really fast paced but you learn a lot and there is always new technology being implemented. Unfortunately, there are a lot of office politics which can be bery distracting.
Excellent Place to Learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 12, 2017
Positive Culture. Excellent Growth Opportunity. Quality Care. Flexible. Respectful Professional Environment. Excellent Benefits. Encourage Growth..
Worst management/Unfair Environment
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 12, 2017
I had the WORST manager I have ever had in all of my time at Stanford. It was very upsetting and sad to see that the repeated slackers of the office were able to be slackers and get away with it. Management never listened or addressed concerns, favoritism was very obvious. Co-workers we're back stabbing, lazy and quick to blame but never take responsibility. Poor management and leadership on all levels.
Pros
Benefits & pay
Cons
Management, favortism, poor work environment
No Review given
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 11, 2017
I choose to not give my review
The guidelines specify that I have to give one so I am including this text to meet the guidelines.

I might come back later and leave a review
Pros
Free Health, Vision, Dental benefits
Cons
Managers inexperienced & incompetent, Individual opinion is not valued
Very good job place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 6, 2017
Good workplace,very good salary ,also good health insurance the favorite part of it time will go super fast because I was busy all the time doing work here and there
Pros
Good pay.time will past fast
Great growth opportunities
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 6, 2017
Stanford has assisted me in growing and furthering my education. Providing a great scholarship program as well as retirement benefits which are hard to find. Being at Stanford for so long is a tough place to leave with such great colleagues which I now call my Stanford Family.
Financial Clearance Representative
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 6, 2017
All I can say is STAY AWAY from the Financial Clearance dept. it has to be the worst department in the entire organization. The work is boring and non-challenging. In this role, you are stuck in a cubicle for eight hours a day. The windows are always closed and the cubicles face away from them making life depressing. The managers here hounds you for production and watches you like a hawk. I am not lying they produce reports showing you the amount of work you do an hour and demand to know why your production was low on certain hours of the day. If you like time off you're not going to get it here the dept. has over twenty-six employees and only allow three people off at once. This department is so awful if offered a job in this role deny it! trust me its just not worth it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
No time off, Micro-managers
Good people and good CICARE
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 3, 2017
I like working at Stanford is a fun place to work. You learn a lot and you are treated with respect. The hardest part for me is when I see people being diagnose with cancer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Good Opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Gaots, CaAugust 29, 2017
Stanford Healthcare is a place of professionalism. You work with many colleagues as you learn and grow in your field. The work load is fast and productive. Management needs to improve there bias views and improve the workplace culture.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
unstable work environment
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 28, 2017
Always worried about being laid off or fired. A typical day is like being in kindergarten. They watch your every move. You are monitored constantly. management is not truthful.
Ability to make a difference
Administrative Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 26, 2017
Great organization to make your mark. I have been in the organization over five years and feel like I have been able to influence and shape a variety of programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanford Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3