Stanford University

Stanford University Employer Reviews

Great team and great people
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: a lot of team projects and activities.
I enjoyed working here , they included everyone in a lot of the company decisions, you felt as if you mattered here. We all worked so closely together and it was a smaller company so you felt as if you held weight in the company.
Be Careful Where You Work at Stanford
Program Manager (Former Employee), Palo AltoDecember 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful place to work with talented people to learn from, many training opportunities, good benefits.
Cons: department politics, poor management, hierarchical.
Stanford is a beautiful place to work and there are a lot of talented people to learn from. Many training opportunities and good benefits. Felt the work/life balance was good. However...

The culture of the department I worked in was very toxic. Very hierarchical and slow moving. The management team seemed to dislike and distrust each other and this – more... poisoned the working relationships between many of the other staff members. Department was incredibly siloed, with little collaboration among program teams. The management team lacked vision and strategic planning skills - nor did this appear to be a priority.

From the many positive reviews on Stanford, this toxicity doesn't appear to be universal across the University, but do your homework on the department your interviewing with prior to taking a position. – less
Exciting
Tennis Pro (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 5, 2014
Great culture and fun working for the brand name Stanford. Make use of skills
insecure faculty with no clue about academic life
Research Associate, Vascular Surgery (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 2, 2014
this guys CPC at Stanford vascular surgery has been the most unbalanced, insecured guy I have seen in my years of life in academia, with no clue and understanding of academic life and the way things work out in academic research-education environment. The worse is he took his liability on others simply by terminating the collaboration. A shame for Stanford – more... as a major US academic institution. – less
Dream Location
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CaNovember 15, 2014
Beautiful campus, excellent benefits, free public transportation. Variety of places to, on the job training for advancement, good place for a career path.
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee), Stanford, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pto+vacation+sick time, on campus gym, matching 401k, job security/ advancement
Stanford University is an amazing place to work. The culture is very progressive and communication is highly encouraged no matter your position. The benefits are amazing and hard to beat, as they strongly encourage a work/life balance.
Amazing people and resources
Intern (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 29, 2014
Great fast-paced environment with very smart people creating cutting-edge solutions to problems and issues of all kind.
Excellent place to work with great benefits
Clinical Trial Research Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2014
It's Stanford, so nothing but the best...well taken care of
Great way to learn campus.
Special Events Patrol (Former Employee), Stanford, CAOctober 8, 2014
Everyday was different. I got to work football games and concerts and learn the campus. I worked closely with the Deputies on the campus.
Fun team environment
Archaeology Technician (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 26, 2014
Reliable and friendly co-workers made working at Stanford great.
Excellent financial institution and workplace
Player Guest Coordinator (Former Employee), Stanford, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: excellent facility and knowledgable staff
Cons: seasonal position only
Handling athletic ticket purchases for Alumni, etc. It was a very rewarding experience to work as a seasonal-employee for Stanford Athletics. I worked with very well-mannered, experienced individuals whom I learned much from and applied this to my daily work tasks.
Exciting, place to work and learn
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, experiencing new foods
Cons: not enough hours
Fun fast-paced work environment with so much to learn daily. I learned how to work properly in a dining hall kitchen for a university. I learned to prepare meals of many different cultures use spices and seasonings I had never used before. All of my co-workers were amazing, warm and friendly. I made some new friends there and it was an awesome experience. – more... I think the hardest part of the job was having to throw away so much food without being able to give to those in need. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was getting to meet the students and establishing great relationships. Seeing the look on the students faces at the amazing food prepared for them to eat. – less
Fast-paced, ever changing environment, where I thrive
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: i wasn't mircromanaged. i ran the offices and i was trusted to communicate when it was necessary.
Cons: the administrative routine changed, which elimiated responsibility.
It was an honor to manage and collaborate two neurosurgeons, one being the Chief of Staff. I gleaned lots of knowledge around the brain, spine and difficult people.
Campus is beautiful.
Materials Science & Engineering Department Manager (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: staff are second class citizens.
Stanford has a beautiful campus that is great for hiking and walking. Being among very bright students and faculty is also inspiring. Faculty and students come first. Staff are treated as second class citizens.
Great place to work for
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: parking
It is a great place to work for. They ask a lot out of their employees but they are also compensate appropriately. If you are a hard worker its a great company to work for.
This is UPS Stanfford, NOT Stanford University
Driver Helper (Former Employee), 13922 Stafford Rd, Stafford, TX 77477August 19, 2014
Pros: even though its a lot of walking envoled there, its not complex and stressful
Cons: please be prepared to hear a coustmer "go off" if something is not right.
Working here was a good opportunity, wonderful if you was a college student needing to save for next years classes. Even though I started late and I couldn't finished school, the work with driver was a win win situation. Their was no forms of disrespect on my grounds of work, and I was able to get good with the neighbors and stores of that area (Westheimer – more... Area). The job for me was to help the driver deliver whatever packages they needed. – less
Not a bad place to work
Accountant International (Former Employee), Palo AltoAugust 18, 2014
Pros: they have a nice lunch truck that comes daily so no need to drive far for lunch
Cons: not permanent
I learned alot about different data entry systems. This was a fast paced environment which I enjoyed. Too bad there was only room for temp work and not permanent
Productive workplace where I get to use my creativity.
Clinical Trials Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexibility, collaboration.
I enjoy using my skills across a variety of projects in a supportive environment.
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 23, 2014
As a research assistant, I really enjoyed working with a research lab at Stanford. I got to contribute to their ongoing projects and present a poster at a conference.
Fast pace, minimal rewards, deep management issues
Medical Simulation Technician (Former Employee), Immersive Learning Center, School of MedicineJuly 22, 2014
Pros: interesting work, intelligent colleagues, stanford name on your resume
Cons: micro-management, inflexible schedule, excessive meetings
The ILC at Stanford's med school is known as one of the premier medical simulation programs in the country. They have a seemingly endless budget for equipment but suffer from severe staffing and management issues. Turnover is high, and for good reason.

This position affords the opportunity to work closely with brilliant and dedicated physicians, which – more... can be very rewarding and sometimes fun. It does not afford much opportunity for advancement, recognition, or work-life balance. Four different people have held this particular position since the ILC opened in 2010, and only one of them is still working at Stanford.

Benefits are decent, although some can be difficult to navigate. Salary was very low in light of the amount of responsibility, specific skills required, and the extremely high cost of living in the area. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Photos