Stanford University Employee Reviews

File Clerk, Encina Hall
File Clerk, Encina Hall (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 14, 2016
Worked by myself filing donor information at Encina Hall for Stanford's Development Office. Management and co-workers were helpful in teaching me what I needed to know. Culture was good. I enjoyed having a large pile of filing and getting it filed efficiently and correctly. The most difficult was having an overwhelmingly large pile of filing that I had to file in a short deadline. I was able to meet my deadlines.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Part-time short job for just the summer until I returned to school
Productive and Outgoing place
Cashier, Dishwasher, Food Handler (Hot & Cold) (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 19, 2016
We like to stay productive to keep a good flow with the food that is coming in and out. It is very outgoing and everyone pretty much gets along with each other. We mainly go there to work, but at the same time some of us get excited to see on another.
Pros
good breaks, friendly environment, making new friends, good relationship with the bosses
Medical Records, Document Imaging, very busy enviroment
ROI Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
receiving Faxes from doctors office and date stamping over 200 request a day. Sort the mail daily, deliver mail. receive doctor request via email would have to scan all document In a PDF format and send to Georgia. The job was a good learning experience. my co workers were nice we got alone well. The mail was a hardest part of the job because during holiday it would be a bundle and the mail had to be sorted and date stamped.
Pros
Their was never not a busy day.
Cons
so busy sometime you would forget to take a break.
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  EngineeringJuly 7, 2016
I would not recommend Stanford to anyone I know and care about. This is a horrible place to work, with HR in Engineering being the very worst. Do you work in Engineering period. Some of the department managers are the worst people I have ever encountered. Stay as far away from Engineering, especially the Deans Office, as possible.
Intellectually stimulating academic research environment.
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working in a world-class research and clinical care facility was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. The faculty were great to work with.
Pros
Great research to write about.
Cons
Often 80-hour work week.
Great wellness and commuter perks for employees
Sr. Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Student AffairsApril 3, 2016
Stanford University provides excellent wellness and commuter benefits/programs for its staff. Free Caltrain and GO pass for all public transit bus options. Free shuttles to and from campus to caltrain station in Palo Alto. Free shuttles/buses to east bay for commuters.

Easy and convenience wellness screenings for all regular staff. financial incentives for those who participate in wellness programs.

Child Care subsidy grants in addition to dependent day care spending accounts available for all qualifying employees.
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics
Disablity Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 16, 2016
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics. Some micro management style assist, and not very easy for promotion.
Pros
tutition assitance program great for an employee
Cons
medical ebenfits if you retire prior to the age 65
People here are passionate and caring, the work ethics are valued.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2016
While working here, I learned to appreciate the art and skill of Phlebotomy like never before. The environment is positive and energetic.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Over night shift
The Stanford Community was amazing!
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 24, 2016
I can't recommend this University enough for potential job hunters. You can't beat their benefits and salaries when it comes to working in academia. The work culture was fantastic and truly loved being a part of the community.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Intellectually stimulating environment to work in. The campus itself is beautiful and accessible.
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 9, 2016
Stimulating and exciting educational environment. Great opportunities to contribute intellectually. An extremely gifted student population. This educational environment could benefit from increasing the diversity of the student population in some educational areas.The campus itself is a very attractive physical environment.
Pros
Attactive campus
Cons
Could increase emphasis on diversifying student population.
Very compassionate person
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2016
He treats everyone like they are important. He always acknowledges that you are in the room. Lots of ways to find out about what's going on in the City of San Jose.
Pros
Cons
Very hard to get on board
Friendly environment
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 25, 2016
Very professional atmosphere. Very busy work schedule. Co- workers are friendly and helpful. Management has open door policy and easy to work with.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Work-life balance
I Love Workikng for Stanford!
Faculty Directors and event management (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 29, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and grow. So many people to meet and network with at the campus. The campus is lovely and so are the people. The culture of the campus is inviting.
Lots of varied experiences
Researcher (Former Employee) –  CDIJuly 6, 2016
Many options for both research and academics; allow quarter-long research projects to get a feeling for what labs/PIs you fit in best with, and lots of cross-functional research is available
Great benefits, nice people, beautiful location
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 8, 2016
Really excellent place to work. If you can look past the high COL, it's a top-notch job. They provide a subsidized Caltrain pass to most employees, too.
Productive Place for research and every day learning new stuff
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 21, 2016
-Interacting with lots of smart people helps to improve the knowledge every day.
- Very interesting and creative projects/research
- The hardest part of the job is high workload and responsibilities
Nice Experience
Life Science Research Professional II (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 6, 2016
One of the good work places. I am glad, I have opportunity to work in this place.
Our job is challenging but it is nice to see that we overcome these challenges.
Stressful
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 26, 2016
Stanford University is as a pyramid scheme. The middle pay and below are over worked. Unorganized. Coworkers are okay and supportive at time. Overall, it's stressful.
Pros
Good name on resume
Cons
overwork with low pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 14, 2016
Professional environment that values it's employees and treats everyone fairly. Campus is beautiful and will be one of my fondest memories of being there.
Pros
Clean and Professional Work environment
Cons
Undefined job description
Executive Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  MENLO PARK CASeptember 22, 2016
Enjoyable envireoment. Learning room to grow in a comapny to suceed. Training provided. Productive. Enjoyable temporary job I had

4.3