Stanford University Employee Reviews

great soul fulfillment when driving guest to and from hospital
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Full benefits from the first day of hire along with Stanford perks
Cons: negative unwelcoming standards from coworkers
I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a genuine personality. I feel disillusion and heart break towards this position.
what I learned
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 27, 2015
Scientific Research
Working in Research Groups
Managing PhD and MS students
Presenting research to sponsor companies
fun, fun, fun
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free uniforms/lmeals, great benefits/pay, union job
I enjoyed working at Stanford so much I looked forward to going every day. I met so many people from all over the world and the experience was great. I established great friendships, many of which still exist today. Stanford was the most rewarding job I've had.
No day is ever the same
Program Administrator (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 5, 2015
Working at Stanford was one of the most interesting and complex jobs I have ever had. You truly are fitting a square peg into a round hole some days as you try to satisfy what you team needs against the strict system that Stanford has in place for purchasing etc. It was very rewarding and I came to work ready whatever the day would throw at me.
Nice place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 17, 2015
Nice place to work, very good learning environment , nice and smart people around you , learning all the time. good family work balance
Typical TA experience
Course Assistant for Introductory Electronics (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: easy hours, easy work, relatively high pay
Cons: hard to get, have to be a student
If your professor (and your students) are good, your experience will be good. The pay includes tuition and a significant stipend, but is hard to get (obviously, need to be a student)
Excellent to learn and grow from Stanford.
Alternate Format Production Assistant (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 14, 2015
Cons: No full-time position with benefits
Awesome atmosphere and the management is excellent. They give us extra training and help us to get certify in Braille Transcriber
Enjoyable place to work
Electrician/Installation Technician (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay
Receive and complete job orders in estimated time
Start day with work planning and control and implament into daily jobs.\Get approval from building managers to proceed with work.
Learned many new skills with electrical and installation. Various training courses.
Management was fair
Co-workers were always easy to get along with
Job didnt have any difficult avenues
Worked with good people and good enviroment
Met good friends that helped me join the military later on.
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 7, 2015
It was easy work not challenging, but at times sad because we would be surrounded by dying patients. Some of the work politics were bias, but it paid the bills.
i hate working for stanford
Food Service Worker II (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 9, 2015
very stressful I aim very unhappy at Stanford everyone who works in my kitchen are very unhappy really would ;like a new job in a better environment
Good place to work, with friendly culture
Temp Executive Assistant, Office of the VP of LBRE (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 14, 2015
This is the first temporary job I have taken in my whole 20+ years career. Can't say enough about how nice the management is and how impressed I am by the smart people that I have the privilege to work with at LBRE.
Learning while being productive
Administrative Associate, Department of Pediatrics (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Learning experience and great benefits
Cons: Change in Management
My day in he Division of Pediatrics, Neonatology consist of provided administrative support to physicians and faculty members in Neonatal Division,handled all administrative tasks including travel arrangements, processing maintenance orders, and preparing and maintaining conference rooms for office-wide meetings and events.
Created, edited, and proofread documents ensuring accuracy, which included articles, invoices and presentations.Managed all office correspondence including answering phones, creating and maintaining filing systems, managing emails and office memos, and performing database entry. – more... Managed financial and inventory control for the office, including monitoring office and lab supplies, and processing purchase orders and staff reimbursements. Arranged and set up meetings in the Lucille Packard and Stanford Hospitals. Stanford is a teaching school and in the Division of Neonatology there where different physicians working on different projects. For example, one of my doctors I supported (Dr. Vinny Bhutani) was working on a study with Jaundice at the time I had a new baby so a lot of the findings related to my new situation. I really enjoyed working for the 16 doctors I supported. The hardest part of this position was the constant change in office management. This was difficult because the new management did not understand the work I was doing or that the physician ask of me and I had to always explain. – less
Lecturer (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 31, 2015
Nice weather, interactive faculty, interested students. Very work-oriented environment, but no more than other elite academic institutions.
Top level University
Researcher in Material Science (Exchange Student) (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Outstanding campus, Perfect climate, very active and creative place
Cons: Expensive
I had flexible time schedule, so that I could combine research with sport and social activities.
I was surrounded by genial people and I could breathe the optimistic and open mind atmosphere of the Silicon Valley.
Smart and innovative environment
Associate Director (Former Employee), Main campusMarch 13, 2015
Pros: challenges one to think outside the box
Cons: parking
Great place to have a career in higher education administration. Management styles varies greatly across campus-some excellent and encourages growth while other divisions can be a bit challenging with oversized egos.
Challenging, supportive environment
PhD candidate (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: always free food at events, sometimes open bar
Cons: high standards, pressure to go into academia/research
This is a great place to get a PhD. I am well supported with adequate funding and student services, including teaching/learning, career development and networking events.
C'mon... It's Stanford!
english major, literature, oxford, paris (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 6, 2015
This is by far the most magical campus and educational experience available on the planet. It was truly a dream and phenomenal opportunity to have grown over four years at The Farm.
Post Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2015
I was here only for a one year contract as a post doc. I learned new things and it was very productive for my career there are lot of facilities to do science comfortabley I short period of time.
Productive environment
Capital Planner (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Productive working environment. Diverse group of people to work with on a verity of projects, leading to many different ideas and opinions.
Great place to do science
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 16, 2015
A lot of collaboration is easily gained in this research oriented institute. The Principal Investigators really encourage new ideas and people who work here are genuinely intelligent and excited to work with others.