Stanford University Employee Reviews

Courses taken usually well-run and informative
student (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my coursework. Some courses better than others-depends on who teaches them. I will consider taking courses there again in the future. Especially if someone else pays for them.
A pleasant place to work
Accounts Representative/Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 15, 2016
Working for Stanford was a great experience; I learned a lot with the hospital billing systems that we used in patient's clinic and hospital visits; Our Team Leaders; co-workers and higher management were great; Trying to achieve what Stanford stands for is always hard but through hard work and dedication it was a great experience; At this great farm I witnessed that the holiday and Christmas seasons always brought us together as the most enjoyable part at our Stanford family
Pros
on site cafeteria; flexible schedule
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 10, 2016
Stanford is an amazing place. They provide good compensation, benefits, work life balance, growth, and you get to work with some amazing staff and faculty.

I would recommended Stanford to anyone. Cost of living though is quite high.
Good work environment, fostered a great community on campus
Summer Session Resident Assistant/Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 5, 2016
Was a resident assistant in the dorms during summer quarter. Had flexible hours, but demanding when on the clock. Co-workers and supervisors were great.
Pros
free Housing and Dining
Cons
Have to resolve many conflicts
Great work to place. Inspiring and smart people
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 4, 2016
I've worked here for a few years. It's truly is a a great place to work and learn. A small team setting makes it challenging for me since you have to start building things from the ground up. You'll get a lot of support and can follow the direction that you wish to pursue.
Pros
Support learning, challenging projects
lots of positive energy for the kids
Day care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 10, 2016
They provide many materials to make art projects possible for the children the environment is very controlled so things don't get out of hand, and the co workers are very nice
Surrounded by excelence but little room for advancement
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 7, 2016
Stanford can be a wonderful place to work depending on the work environment in your division. It is a large organization but there is little interaction with peers in other divisions and little room for career advancement. Working in an understaffed department leads to burnout.
Benefits
Cons
Limited career advancement, High turnover, burnout
Executive Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  MENLO PARK CASeptember 22, 2016
Enjoyable envireoment. Learning room to grow in a comapny to suceed. Training provided. Productive. Enjoyable temporary job I had
Productive and Outgoing place
Cashier, Dishwasher, Food Handler (Hot & Cold) (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 19, 2016
We like to stay productive to keep a good flow with the food that is coming in and out. It is very outgoing and everyone pretty much gets along with each other. We mainly go there to work, but at the same time some of us get excited to see on another.
Pros
good breaks, friendly environment, making new friends, good relationship with the bosses
File Clerk, Encina Hall
File Clerk, Encina Hall (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 14, 2016
Worked by myself filing donor information at Encina Hall for Stanford's Development Office. Management and co-workers were helpful in teaching me what I needed to know. Culture was good. I enjoyed having a large pile of filing and getting it filed efficiently and correctly. The most difficult was having an overwhelmingly large pile of filing that I had to file in a short deadline. I was able to meet my deadlines.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Part-time short job for just the summer until I returned to school

Want to know more about Stanford University?

Ask a question
Nice Experience
Life Science Research Professional II (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 6, 2016
One of the good work places. I am glad, I have opportunity to work in this place.
Our job is challenging but it is nice to see that we overcome these challenges.
Friendly environment
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 25, 2016
Very professional atmosphere. Very busy work schedule. Co- workers are friendly and helpful. Management has open door policy and easy to work with.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Work-life balance
People here are passionate and caring, the work ethics are valued.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2016
While working here, I learned to appreciate the art and skill of Phlebotomy like never before. The environment is positive and energetic.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Over night shift
Intellectually stimulating academic research environment.
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working in a world-class research and clinical care facility was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. The faculty were great to work with.
Pros
Great research to write about.
Cons
Often 80-hour work week.
Brilliant General Maintenance (alongside Resident & Dining Enterprises)
temporary staff-housing custodian at Stanford (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2016
On a typical day with Brilliant General Maintenance, in my conditions, consists of myself & other temporary custodians being assigned under a Resident & Dining Enterprise custodian ( usually one whom we've worked under before ) who directs us & works with us within their own Stanford Resident & Dining system. For the most part, the responsibilities & tasks lay in the realm of setting beds, preparing rooms for guests, cleaning the dorm houses & showers, & ,overall, maintaining the well-being of the dorm house & satisfaction of the incoming & outgoing guests. As for the Resident & Dining Enterprise custodians with whom we work with, they are all extremely helpful, friendly, & aren't afraid to completely lead by example. These lone traits have certainly taught me so much about taking on responsibility in order for the whole "team" to prosper. Overall, I would say that my experience at Stanford has been absolutely amazing & influential on me thus far in my career. Through the people with whom I work under & alongside, I can honestly say that I've truly begun to grow strong leadership traits through their mentorship & guidance.
Pros
Helpful leaders, Friendly environment, Non-strenuous workload, highly-efficient work system
Cons
Spanish to English Language Barriers
Great benefits, nice people, beautiful location
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 8, 2016
Really excellent place to work. If you can look past the high COL, it's a top-notch job. They provide a subsidized Caltrain pass to most employees, too.
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  EngineeringJuly 7, 2016
I would not recommend Stanford to anyone I know and care about. This is a horrible place to work, with HR in Engineering being the very worst. Do you work in Engineering period. Some of the department managers are the worst people I have ever encountered. Stay as far away from Engineering, especially the Deans Office, as possible.
Lots of varied experiences
Researcher (Former Employee) –  CDIJuly 6, 2016
Many options for both research and academics; allow quarter-long research projects to get a feeling for what labs/PIs you fit in best with, and lots of cross-functional research is available
I Love Workikng for Stanford!
Faculty Directors and event management (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 29, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and grow. So many people to meet and network with at the campus. The campus is lovely and so are the people. The culture of the campus is inviting.
Very compassionate person
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2016
He treats everyone like they are important. He always acknowledges that you are in the room. Lots of ways to find out about what's going on in the City of San Jose.
Pros
Cons
Very hard to get on board

4.3