Stanford University

Stanford University United States Employee Reviews

Lecturer (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 31, 2015
Nice weather, interactive faculty, interested students. Very work-oriented environment, but no more than other elite academic institutions.
Top level University
Researcher in Material Science (Exchange Student) (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Outstanding campus, Perfect climate, very active and creative place
Cons: Expensive
I had flexible time schedule, so that I could combine research with sport and social activities.
I was surrounded by genial people and I could breathe the optimistic and open mind atmosphere of the Silicon Valley.
Smart and innovative environment
Associate Director (Former Employee), Main campusMarch 13, 2015
Pros: challenges one to think outside the box
Cons: parking
Great place to have a career in higher education administration. Management styles varies greatly across campus-some excellent and encourages growth while other divisions can be a bit challenging with oversized egos.
Challenging, supportive environment
PhD candidate (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: always free food at events, sometimes open bar
Cons: high standards, pressure to go into academia/research
This is a great place to get a PhD. I am well supported with adequate funding and student services, including teaching/learning, career development and networking events.
C'mon... It's Stanford!
english major, literature, oxford, paris (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 6, 2015
This is by far the most magical campus and educational experience available on the planet. It was truly a dream and phenomenal opportunity to have grown over four years at The Farm.
Post Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2015
I was here only for a one year contract as a post doc. I learned new things and it was very productive for my career there are lot of facilities to do science comfortabley I short period of time.
Productive environment
Capital Planner (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Productive working environment. Diverse group of people to work with on a verity of projects, leading to many different ideas and opinions.
Great place to do science
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 16, 2015
A lot of collaboration is easily gained in this research oriented institute. The Principal Investigators really encourage new ideas and people who work here are genuinely intelligent and excited to work with others.
very good traning place for young scientist
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: diverse enviroment and culture
It is a friendly workplace and a good start for medical researcher's career development. It will be great if there are more interaction among researchers, fellows and etc.
Unfocused and Unprincipled
Student Services (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the students are, for the most part, top notch and amazing to work with, i also enjoyed my local team and staff. it’s a beautiful campus.
Cons: plagued by racism, misogyny, homophobia, and a disregard for the anything except naked ambition.
I thought working at Stanford would be the pinnacle of a career in education. It was a horrible place to be and almost took my health and my passion for higher ed. Almost. Glad to be gone and will never look back.
Fun environment to work at
Assistant Catering Manager (Former Employee), palo alto, califFebruary 3, 2015
I took orders from customers, processed them, made the delivery schedule and billed them. I gave input in developing a catering program for process orders and billing.
Msmc Fitness
MSMC FITNESS CENTER (Former Employee), los angeles caJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: advancement possible
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at the MSMC fitness center included, answering phones, cleaning gym equipment, interacting with members and maintaining a functional work environment. I loved my co-workers, we had frequent meetings that would become team building meetings. We had a lot of fun and at the same time got the job done. My managers were really nice and were willing to teach at any moment. Very understanding women which made it less intimidating when i first started. I learned a lot from this job, I was really shy and by the time I stopped working I was vibrant, Loud and personable. The hardest part of the job would be telling people that they were not able to enter the facilities with what they had on, oftentimes the student would get frustrated and we would have to stand firm with our policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around great people in a learning environment.
Inspiring, super productive, and exciting workplace full of bright, interesting colleagues with a passion for their work and a good sense of humor.
Post-Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJanuary 23, 2015
The most exciting part about this place, is that you learn something new every day. You get to work with smart people from all over the world who each have their own experience and expertise, and don't mind sharing it! This was particularly important for me because I hold a PhD in Chemical Engineering and was starting a post-doctoral position in Materials Science, so I had to learn a lot. But it proved to be a very exciting challenge that made me realize that you can do anything as long as you are motivated and persistent.
Of course, in research there are always moments that are tough, when you have performed the same experiment already a hundred times or tried to determine an unknown in already a million different ways. But then, the next day, you keep on trying and you succeed, giving you the biggest satisfaction ever!
At Stanford, creativity in research is highly supported and students are giving the opportunity to independently explore their talents to full extent. This is what I am seeking in my professional career.
Caring hard working MD's and staff, always striving to improve, good salary and benefits
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee), School of Medicine, Pediatric AnesthesiaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, flexible work hours, good environment to work
Cons: cannot think of any.
If I needed an operation, I would have it done at Stanford Hospital.
Good place to work.
Great salary and benefits, educational training courses for administrators are plentiful.
Flexible hours for administrators are encouraged by the university to ease traffic congestion in the city. You pick your own work shift hours.
I was allowed to work remotely for 2 years.
It was a stressful job, but very satisfying work. MD's expected the best out of every support staff person, and it made you rise to the occasion and perform your best on the job.
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Coordinator, Executive Education (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Enjoy the culture and perks of Stanford U.
Great hospital that provides dedicated staff of highest quality
RN ICU (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: highly trained staff and multiple resources
Cons: not flexible with scheduling
Overall my experience at Stanford was excellent. They do rigorous interviewing and training to make sure they get quality candidates to fill the roles. I always felt confident in my fellow staff and could rely on them in a pinch
great work atmosphere with perfct balance of job and life
research assistant (Current Employee), palo alto, CAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work starts with setting up an experiment,
and about 20% managing the lab.
Productive fast paced workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJanuary 2, 2015
consistant filing of documents, data entry, front desk support, answering high volume calls and other general office front desk support were part of my daily routine while employed with Stanford University. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with different students
Top level of research facilities and best scientists and technicians
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Stanford, CADecember 16, 2014
The hardest part of the job is to get used to handle all deadlines,
however, after certain time you achieve that. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with top level scientists and learn something new everyday.
Great team and great people
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: a lot of team projects and activities.
I enjoyed working here , they included everyone in a lot of the company decisions, you felt as if you mattered here. We all worked so closely together and it was a smaller company so you felt as if you held weight in the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Salaries