Stanford University

Stanford University Employer Reviews

Good freelance gig
Freelance writer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2014
I've enjoyed working with Stanford University. I have a good editor who works with me on my articles.
A good place to work.
Administrative Systems (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great place and group to work with.
Cons: contract expired... :(
I was a contractor and worked remote in Atlanta and was the senior
APEX developer on the team. i was required to work PST hours which was not an issue for me. Everyone was very professional and easy to work with. The initial contract was for 9 months but was asked to stay for another year. When the renewal expired I was told I could work for them full-time – more... but would be required to move to Palo Alto, CA. – less
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: leadership
Cons: could be larger
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Get to travel for work, I love to travel long distance.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 24, 2014
I mostly work with the communities. I always have the support I need.
A great learning experience
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJune 20, 2014
This was primarily a research position, but it also provided a great opportunity to interact with many great minds and highly personable individuals.
best place i ever worked
Computer Resource Associate (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJune 13, 2014
i learned a lot and i love the people there. wish i could go back.
Secure, but with a price
Data and Program Manager (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: excellent work-life balance in a fairly secure environment.
Cons: difficult to advance without an advanced degree, regardless of experience.
Excellent work-life balance in a fairly secure environment; however, do not rely on advancing up the ranks without (at the minimum) a master's degree; preferably a PhD. This includes all administrative positions as well. The level of work does not necessarily require such experience, but Stanford wishes to hold all of its employees to a certain standard, – more... no matter how unfair it may be. – less
Quality Assurance
Manager, Licensing and Certification (Former Employee), CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: excellent educational opportunities, autonomy, dynamic environment
Cons: poor to no onbarding, lack of teamwork, poor it support
I worked as part of a team to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and JCAHO. Responsible for large portion of a Plan of Correction for a CMS survey in conjunction with General Services, Hospitality and Food Services and Clinical Nutrition. Then assisted with the re-survey, for which they passed.
Fun to work for.
STORAGE ARCHITECT (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMay 30, 2014
Depending on the department you are working for. It can be very fulfilling or it would be just another company.
School of Medicine not the best of environments
Executive Assistant/Asst to Chair (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, including personal development reimbursement
Cons: school of medicine leadership
Stanford University is a great place. Try not to work for the School of medicine or clinics. Staff there is not treated as fairly or honestly as the rest of the university.
Best Position of my Career
Interim Patient Care Manager OSC (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2014
I loved this hospital, and only left to be closer to family in Florida.
Its School
Reinstated Student (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMay 9, 2014
Its Stanford University. What else is there to say. Some of the brightest minds in the world commingling on a 6 square mile campus.
The Health Care & University Environment Were Empowering
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Stanford Uinversity, Palo Alto, Ca.May 2, 2014
Pros: relationships, investment in development, encouraged individuality, valued the theme of a balanced life, great pay
Cons: immediate management auditing, immediate management separating themselves from obligatory responsiblities to devlope managers
The first day I stepped on to the grounds of Stanford University I felt extremely blessed and just knew I was poised to be more than I was prior to becoming an employee. The senior leadership promoted individual contributions, and invested in my growth from an Emotional Intelligence perspective, constantly grooming me to become a visionary and a leader. – more... I also loved the attention to spirituality and meditation.

My immediate manager did not hold the same values as the senior leadership; under that leadership my confidence was constantly tested and my decisions were undermined. That person was the hardest part of working for Stanford. I truly feel that without that person's presence stifling my growth, I would have reached a higher level of visibility at the University based on my likability, creativity, and strong ability to build meaningful relationships.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Stanford Technical Leadership Program I successfully completed, and had begun applying all of what I had learned to personal time management, and in the coaching and developing of the union staff that reported to me. There was so much opportunity for growth until I was rarely bored.

It is because of Stanford University that I am thriving in this new post employment venture I embarked up in social networking and radio. I will be forever grateful for all I learned, and my time spent there. – less
Good work life balance
Tax Manager (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CA 94304April 24, 2014
Pros: stanford benefits, culture
Cons: slow growth path
Great people
Typically 9-5 except during tax season.
At this level in career I am usually available via phone or email at all times.
All day learning everyday
Research Engineer (Former Employee), Stanford, CAApril 23, 2014
Schools are always tempting to learn new things. It is because you meet with new people all the time. They have lots of knowledge and you learn from them with working on projects. Stanford University is the place you can get knowledge from your friends and share your knowledge with them. It is the place win-win environment you can ever imagine in the – more... world. – less
great work/life balance
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Stanford, CAApril 14, 2014
depends on your department and supervisors, as always, but generally a great environment! get $$ for taking the bus/biking, many staff/university events, beautiful campus
Stable employment, nice place to work, management does not seem to support advancement.
Financial and Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Stanford, CAApril 7, 2014
Once in a lifetime opportunity
Vice Provost of Graduate Education (Current Employee), Stanford, CAApril 3, 2014
Working at school is great because its close to home and often time you are working with your peers. And you also get exposed to higher ups such as professors and grad students with alot more experience than you have.
One of the best jobs ever.
iD Tech Camps Lead Instructor (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 2, 2014
A typical day at iD Tech is the most hectic, fun and exhausting day that anyone could imagine. It's only a summer job but you work 40-50 hours a week. While I was here I learned a lot about teaching, working with kids, working with other instructors and time management. Throughout the week I had to teach eight students from the ages of 7-10 how to make – more... a basic video game. By the end of the week they could take their finished product home on a flash drive to show their friends and family. After one week of this class, the student will have learned functions in very basic programming (i.e. if and then statements). Multimedia Fusion Developer 2 is the software I used to teach these students how to make their video games. At the end of the week, all the students from the camp would have a raffle to win some prizes and a chance to pie an instructor in the face with whip cream or dump a bucket of water on them.

This job was definitely the best experience I've had while working and I have made a lot of great friends and memories while working there. – less
Great workplace
Accountant (Current Employee), BiologyApril 1, 2014
I love this place, it actually cares about the employees and their future career growth. Keep asking feedback for job performance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Photos