Stanford University Employee Reviews in United States

Brilliant General Maintenance (alongside Resident & Dining Enterprises)
temporary staff-housing custodian at Stanford (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 28, 2016
On a typical day with Brilliant General Maintenance, in my conditions, consists of myself & other temporary custodians being assigned under a Resident & Dining Enterprise custodian ( usually one whom we've worked under before ) who directs us & works with us within their own Stanford Resident & Dining system. For the most part, the responsibilities & tasks lay in the realm of setting beds, preparing rooms for guests, cleaning the dorm houses & showers, & ,overall, maintaining the well-being of the dorm house & satisfaction of the incoming & outgoing guests. As for the Resident & Dining Enterprise custodians with whom we work with, they are all extremely helpful, friendly, & aren't afraid to completely lead by example. These lone traits have certainly taught me so much about taking on responsibility in order for the whole "team" to prosper. Overall, I would say that my experience at Stanford has been absolutely amazing & influential on me thus far in my career. Through the people with whom I work under & alongside, I can honestly say that I've truly begun to grow strong leadership traits through their mentorship & guidance.
Pros
Helpful leaders, Friendly environment, Non-strenuous workload, highly-efficient work system
Cons
Spanish to English Language Barriers
Great benefits, nice people, beautiful location
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 8, 2016
Really excellent place to work. If you can look past the high COL, it's a top-notch job. They provide a subsidized Caltrain pass to most employees, too.
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  EngineeringJuly 7, 2016
I would not recommend Stanford to anyone I know and care about. This is a horrible place to work, with HR in Engineering being the very worst. Do you work in Engineering period. Some of the department managers are the worst people I have ever encountered. Stay as far away from Engineering, especially the Deans Office, as possible.
Lots of varied experiences
Researcher (Former Employee) –  CDIJuly 6, 2016
Many options for both research and academics; allow quarter-long research projects to get a feeling for what labs/PIs you fit in best with, and lots of cross-functional research is available
I Love Workikng for Stanford!
Faculty Directors and event management (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 29, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and grow. So many people to meet and network with at the campus. The campus is lovely and so are the people. The culture of the campus is inviting.
Very compassionate person
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2016
He treats everyone like they are important. He always acknowledges that you are in the room. Lots of ways to find out about what's going on in the City of San Jose.
Pros
Cons
Very hard to get on board
Medical Records, Document Imaging, very busy enviroment
ROI Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2016
receiving Faxes from doctors office and date stamping over 200 request a day. Sort the mail daily, deliver mail. receive doctor request via email would have to scan all document In a PDF format and send to Georgia. The job was a good learning experience. my co workers were nice we got alone well. The mail was a hardest part of the job because during holiday it would be a bundle and the mail had to be sorted and date stamped.
Pros
Their was never not a busy day.
Cons
so busy sometime you would forget to take a break.
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics
Disablity Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 16, 2016
Nice place to work if you can navigate through the politics. Some micro management style assist, and not very easy for promotion.
Pros
tutition assitance program great for an employee
Cons
medical ebenfits if you retire prior to the age 65
Productive Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 2, 2016
Flexible work schedule and positive environment. You have access to a lot of resources. Very productive and supportive atmosphere. I enjoyed my time here.
Stressful
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 26, 2016
Stanford University is as a pyramid scheme. The middle pay and below are over worked. Unorganized. Coworkers are okay and supportive at time. Overall, it's stressful.
Pros
Good name on resume
Cons
overwork with low pay
great place to work
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 20, 2016
If I have the opportunity I would work there again. The people are great and the campus is filled with entertainment to attend to throughout the year
benefits
My view
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 20, 2016
I usually start 1 hour early at 6am and check the queue for new work orders that have been submitted. I would review the new work request scope and assign the request to the designated Field engineers. If assigned to me, I send a email and or voice mail to schedule at job walk at the customers convenience. Meet with the cabling vendors dedicated to the Hospital and Campus accounts and review the days scheduled work as required to maintain some quality control of the days scheduled events. Walk the job of MAC move, adds, changes work and the smaller project workloads as scheduled with the preferred cabling contractor and customer. Answer customer call for new MAC job walks and meet the customer to review their scope of work as they requested through the bid process for an estimate.Thats my typical day.

I thought this would of been, and should be the best place to work and utilize my customer experience background knowledge and communication skills, but I learned that I was on an Island with no support...

What management? Seriously the worst experience in my work history career.

I did have great co-workers, and I thought I got along well with my peers.

Trying to have a work related conversation with my manager without him yelling and it stressing me out.

The customers and students and staff.
Being part of something bigger than your self, supporting the needs of the Stanford Hospital and Clinics, LPCH and the Stanford Campus.
Pros
great benefits and employee discounts, programs etc...
Cons
too busy to enjoy any fitness facilities and or other benefits for self improvement.
The Stanford Community was amazing!
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 24, 2016
I can't recommend this University enough for potential job hunters. You can't beat their benefits and salaries when it comes to working in academia. The work culture was fantastic and truly loved being a part of the community.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Productive Place for research and every day learning new stuff
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 21, 2016
-Interacting with lots of smart people helps to improve the knowledge every day.
- Very interesting and creative projects/research
- The hardest part of the job is high workload and responsibilities
Great place to learn and grow
Research Mentor (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 20, 2016
Very challenging problems are tackled in the graduate labs here. Excellent environment to expand your knowledge and really sharpen your mind with some of the best and the brightest.
Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 20, 2016
- challenging yet rewarding
- great way to get research experience
- high standard encouraged high work ethic and produced good work that gave me invaluable skills
Pros
good on resume
Cons
big time commitment
Best place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 17, 2016
Data analysis, policy analysis, project management and work with smart people to make huge impact on public education.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 14, 2016
Professional environment that values it's employees and treats everyone fairly. Campus is beautiful and will be one of my fondest memories of being there.
Pros
Clean and Professional Work environment
Cons
Undefined job description
Job Stability and great co workers
Life Science Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 13, 2016
Very high paced and stressful workplace due to the nature of the job. But the team effort of great coworkers made it doable and less stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Very cramped working conditions
Great place to work.
Video Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 9, 2016
Great place to work. Every day was a new experience and provided endless opportunities to learn and grow. Culture of innovation and constant strive for excellence.

4.3