Stanford University

Stanford University Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 17, 2015
Nice place to work, very good learning environment , nice and smart people around you , learning all the time. good family work balance
Typical TA experience
Course Assistant for Introductory Electronics (Former Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: easy hours, easy work, relatively high pay
Cons: hard to get, have to be a student
If your professor (and your students) are good, your experience will be good. The pay includes tuition and a significant stipend, but is hard to get (obviously, need to be a student)
Excellent to learn and grow from Stanford.
Alternate Format Production Assistant (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 14, 2015
Cons: No full-time position with benefits
Awesome atmosphere and the management is excellent. They give us extra training and help us to get certify in Braille Transcriber
Enjoyable place to work
Electrician/Installation Technician (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay
Receive and complete job orders in estimated time
Start day with work planning and control and implament into daily jobs.\Get approval from building managers to proceed with work.
Learned many new skills with electrical and installation. Various training courses.
Management was fair
Co-workers were always easy to get along with
Job didnt have any difficult avenues
Worked with good people and good enviroment
Met good friends that helped me join the military later on.
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 7, 2015
It was easy work not challenging, but at times sad because we would be surrounded by dying patients. Some of the work politics were bias, but it paid the bills.
i hate working for stanford
Food Service Worker II (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJune 9, 2015
very stressful I aim very unhappy at Stanford everyone who works in my kitchen are very unhappy really would ;like a new job in a better environment
Good place to work, with friendly culture
Temp Executive Assistant, Office of the VP of LBRE (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 14, 2015
This is the first temporary job I have taken in my whole 20+ years career. Can't say enough about how nice the management is and how impressed I am by the smart people that I have the privilege to work with at LBRE.
Learning while being productive
Administrative Associate, Department of Pediatrics (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Learning experience and great benefits
Cons: Change in Management
My day in he Division of Pediatrics, Neonatology consist of provided administrative support to physicians and faculty members in Neonatal Division,handled all administrative tasks including travel arrangements, processing maintenance orders, and preparing and maintaining conference rooms for office-wide meetings and events.
Created, edited, and proofread documents ensuring accuracy, which included articles, invoices and presentations.Managed all office correspondence including answering phones, creating and maintaining filing systems, managing emails and office memos, and performing database entry. Managed financial and inventory control for the office, including monitoring office and lab supplies, and processing purchase orders and staff reimbursements. Arranged and set up meetings in the Lucille Packard and Stanford Hospitals. Stanford is a teaching school and in the Division of Neonatology there where different physicians working on different projects. For example, one of my doctors I supported (Dr. Vinny Bhutani) was working on a study with Jaundice at the time I had a new baby so a lot of the findings related to my new situation. I really enjoyed working for the 16 doctors I supported. The hardest part of this position was the constant change in office management. This was difficult because the new management did not understand the work I was doing or that the physician ask of me and I had to always explain.
Lecturer (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 31, 2015
Nice weather, interactive faculty, interested students. Very work-oriented environment, but no more than other elite academic institutions.
Top level University
Researcher in Material Science (Exchange Student) (Former Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Outstanding campus, Perfect climate, very active and creative place
Cons: Expensive
I had flexible time schedule, so that I could combine research with sport and social activities.
I was surrounded by genial people and I could breathe the optimistic and open mind atmosphere of the Silicon Valley.
Smart and innovative environment
Associate Director (Former Employee), Main campusMarch 13, 2015
Pros: challenges one to think outside the box
Cons: parking
Great place to have a career in higher education administration. Management styles varies greatly across campus-some excellent and encourages growth while other divisions can be a bit challenging with oversized egos.
Challenging, supportive environment
PhD candidate (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: always free food at events, sometimes open bar
Cons: high standards, pressure to go into academia/research
This is a great place to get a PhD. I am well supported with adequate funding and student services, including teaching/learning, career development and networking events.
C'mon... It's Stanford!
english major, literature, oxford, paris (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 6, 2015
This is by far the most magical campus and educational experience available on the planet. It was truly a dream and phenomenal opportunity to have grown over four years at The Farm.
Post Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2015
I was here only for a one year contract as a post doc. I learned new things and it was very productive for my career there are lot of facilities to do science comfortabley I short period of time.
Productive environment
Capital Planner (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Productive working environment. Diverse group of people to work with on a verity of projects, leading to many different ideas and opinions.
Great place to do science
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 16, 2015
A lot of collaboration is easily gained in this research oriented institute. The Principal Investigators really encourage new ideas and people who work here are genuinely intelligent and excited to work with others.
very good traning place for young scientist
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: diverse enviroment and culture
It is a friendly workplace and a good start for medical researcher's career development. It will be great if there are more interaction among researchers, fellows and etc.
Unfocused and Unprincipled
Student Services (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the students are, for the most part, top notch and amazing to work with, i also enjoyed my local team and staff. it’s a beautiful campus.
Cons: plagued by racism, misogyny, homophobia, and a disregard for the anything except naked ambition.
I thought working at Stanford would be the pinnacle of a career in education. It was a horrible place to be and almost took my health and my passion for higher ed. Almost. Glad to be gone and will never look back.
Fun environment to work at
Assistant Catering Manager (Former Employee), palo alto, califFebruary 3, 2015
I took orders from customers, processed them, made the delivery schedule and billed them. I gave input in developing a catering program for process orders and billing.
Msmc Fitness
MSMC FITNESS CENTER (Former Employee), los angeles caJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: advancement possible
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at the MSMC fitness center included, answering phones, cleaning gym equipment, interacting with members and maintaining a functional work environment. I loved my co-workers, we had frequent meetings that would become team building meetings. We had a lot of fun and at the same time got the job done. My managers were really nice and were willing to teach at any moment. Very understanding women which made it less intimidating when i first started. I learned a lot from this job, I was really shy and by the time I stopped working I was vibrant, Loud and personable. The hardest part of the job would be telling people that they were not able to enter the facilities with what they had on, oftentimes the student would get frustrated and we would have to stand firm with our policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around great people in a learning environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stanford University

The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating – Read more

Stanford University Salaries

Research Associate
$60,000 per year

Stanford University Photos

Stanford University California
Stanford East Campus Overview via iandoh on Flickr.