Stanford University Employee Reviews

Great Company
Web Administrator/ Journal Production Editor (Current Employee) –  655 knight way, Stanford, Ca, 94305January 23, 2016
I've enjoy working here but not always competitive pay with Silicone Valley. They have helped advance my career in many ways
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Time off, Training
Cons
Pay
Nice work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I love Stanford. I met a lot of talent people in campus, attended numbers of great seminars, took quite a few classes. And the work experience made me grow to an independent scientist.
Pros
Great resources, people, and weather
Cons
Not enough money
Great
Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Awesome. it was truly great and i fully enjoyed my time. It was a great college job that left me plenty of time to commit to school work.
Overall a good place to work.
Telecommunications Attendant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 29, 2015
A typical day is you come in and answer phones. Aside from the "fine print" that's all you do. It pays well and the people in the office are great. They are very helpful.
It is a good university, I like to do research there.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 16, 2015
It is a beautiful university, I like to do research there. I had a lot of profs who served as my mentors, always willing to help and share advice.
very nice place to work
Animal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 8, 2015
fun place to work with doctors,student and coworkers.the work place nice,people are always high educated which is nice to work with..
Pros
nice place, a lot of ot and hoiliday pay.good benifits..
Cons
very strict security and holiday work.
Registrar
Registrar/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 23, 2015
I LOVE working with the public and helping people. I really fit into this position and it has been a big benefit for me just for those reasons. However, when big corporations take over and do not take care of there employees it can be draining. Made many, many friends here and really enjoyed my job as a Registrar.
Pros
Helping others, friendly people, healthcare
Cons
Benefits, and pay
Professional, yet down to earth work environment!
Events Coordinator/Audio & Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working for Stanford University and with my team! Everyone is professional, yet down to earth, and seems to have a good balance with their career and home life. My manager and team is awesome, and they take the time to educate one another. The culture is upbeat and positive. If you'd like to become a permanent employee, consider applying to Stanford University directly, rather than through Stanford Temps.
Pros
Clean campus, shuttle to transit, social gatherings on campus, creating a warm and friendly work environment
Cons
Prefers to hire through Stanford Temps, which makes it difficult to qualify for medical benefits.
great place to work
administrative associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 12, 2015
great place to work but need to personally focus on grow and develop with in department not outside people.but overall a great people you work with.
Computing Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work and great benefits. Great programs to balance work and life, wellness. Highly recommend this place to work.
Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 9, 2015
• Measured and plotted morphological characteristics of three-spine stickleback to locations on chromosomes using QTL mapping
• Captured high resolution digital photographs of all fish
Responsive management and public relations
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 9, 2015
I worked in a contract position in this "temporary, half-time" position during the start-up phase of its funded development. I loved the personal and public relationships. A typical day was "whatever was needed."

My "co-workers" (because I believe in active teamwork) were other contractors and graduate and undergraduate student assistants. I determined needs for temporary personnel, trained, and managed as needs required.

The hardest part of the job was simply working much longer than "half-time" because of personal satisfaction with the work and because there was so much to do. There weren't enough hours in the day!

The most enjoyable part was delivering the message of the Lane Center, which was about the need of deeper study of the geographic, economic, and cultural development of the North American West. My role involved preparing and hosting seminars and public presentations about the Center, as well as advising students about the interdepartmental major in the field.
Pros
Learning new material and communicating with people
Cons
Funding. There was never enough to really soar as an organization within a bigger organization.
Wonderful environment
Primary Care Associate Program (PCAP) (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 7, 2015
Great experience and learning environment. Productive and welcoming. Spent time as a student in the PCAP program, and a typical day consisted of technical skills, and lectures from outstanding speakers from all walks of life. Very encouraging and overall a great experience.
Wonderful place and wonderful people
Human Frontier Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 6, 2015
Stanford is a wonderful place both for research and life. You will meet with the smartest people in the world. It is a place where you could learn whatever you want to learn.
Stanford University
Researcher and Student (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 26, 2015
I've spent a year at Stanford as a student and a researcher.It's a beautiful place with a lot of facilities.The good point about that is the high level of students and professors and the hard point is the quarter-based system, which puts more pressure on students, such that they have less time to do research and look for jobs.
Nice location, tons of resources, a nice work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 20, 2015
Stanford is great, but given the type of work, the work/life balance can be skewed. Also, Given the prices in the bay area, the salary isn't that great.
Big organization that needs to make some changes
Finance Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 9, 2015
Professional organization that offers good work life balance and decent benefits package. A lot of opportunities for professional development, how ever too many levels of management, and to many obstacles for growth within organization. Does not promote internal talent. The interview process is very extensive, long (can take 3 month to a year) and very ineffective in terms of employee retention.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
Beurocratic
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto , CAOctober 6, 2015
Stanford University was my dream university and i feel privileged for being associated with Stanford .Learned new things and helped me to grow as a developer.
Productive and Diverse work environment
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy my work environment and the individuals I work with. I enjoy helping the staff and making sure the patient are in a clean environment and the staff are properly equipped with the tool and supplies that they need.
Just a great place to work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 13, 2015
A rewarding work place.
Great managers.
Its a place where you get out what you put in.
Great work life balance.
Its Stanford what else can I say.

4.3